Pellegrini Satisfometer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How satisfied are you with Pellegrini's work to date?

Highly satisfied
41%
Satisfied
24%
Neither satisfied nor particularly dissatisfied
8%
Dissatisfied
12%
Highly dissatisfied
15%

Total votes : 195

Re: Pellegrini Satisfometer

Postby zuricity » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:09 am

freshie wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Read it twice, he makes perfect sense. I am more puzzled as to how his ideas are so hard for our world recognised players to implement. His thoughts and respect of Milner and he still has not put pen to paper. Class act, will that save him ?

Isn't it strange that he speaks so highly of Milner that you would think he would be the first name on the team-sheet, yet he isn't? And Pellegrinii wonders why he hasn't signed a new contract

He also refers to him by his Surname. Perhaps James likes to be called James and not Milner. That rare Yorkshire quality.... stubbornness.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby twosips » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:51 am

I like that Guardian interview.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ons-league

“We brought Willy Caballero to give Joe Hart competition; Mangala, who’s 23 and will be an important player; Fernando because Javier García wanted to go; Sagna because Micah Richards was always injured. What we didn’t do was sign a crack [superstar].”

Would you have liked to? Pellegrini begins by responding: “Well, we have [Sergio] Agüero …” but the answer is yes. “The way it’s growing, I think this team needs a crack,” he says, emphasising the point: “We need a crack: that gives you a kind of ascendancy, status.”

Ted started a thread on something similar recently. I definitely think we need an absolute winner who really gives us that aura.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:02 am

The mirror do a piss take article, The Mansger does an interview, which is as us putting a corner on the head of a City player. Battle lines???????. Mancini Had to read all sorts of stories before he was sacked and paid off. Is this gonna become another messy end....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:56 am

"three non-negotiable qualities: respect, commitment and performance level". In fairness, I think they've definitely been respectful of referees.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wooders » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:14 am

Ahh the "didnt get all the players I wanted/needed" interview - a signal that the end maybe nigh
This is turning into mancinis last season mk2 minus the dissapointing cup final
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:21 am

Wooders wrote:Ahh the "didnt get all the players I wanted/needed" interview - a signal that the end maybe nigh

Problem with this is the pack are on our shoulder and in form. We are heading South at a rapid rate of notts, Is WBA now the biggest game of the season. Is Joleon gonna haunt us !!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby AntMcfc » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:21 pm

freshie wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Read it twice, he makes perfect sense. I am more puzzled as to how his ideas are so hard for our world recognised players to implement. His thoughts and respect of Milner and he still has not put pen to paper. Class act, will that save him ?

Isn't it strange that he speaks so highly of Milner that you would think he would be the first name on the team-sheet, yet he isn't? And Pellegrinii wonders why he hasn't signed a new contract

It's all talk.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:36 pm

AntMcfc wrote:
freshie wrote:

It's all talk.

Hull, Boro, Burnley to name 3 were also no action.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:59 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Wooders wrote:Ahh the "didnt get all the players I wanted/needed" interview - a signal that the end maybe nigh

Problem with this is the pack are on our shoulder and in form. We are heading South at a rapid rate of notts, Is WBA now the biggest game of the season. Is Joleon gonna haunt us !!

George Boyd tells us they knew we didn't like teams who put in effort and long balls into the box. Next game is against a Pulis side fighting for their lives. What could possibly go wrong?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby kennyboy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:23 am

So Ancelotti is linked.. Mixed feelings about him, I think we need someone who is hard this time, some that can shake the players a little !
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby sheblue » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:03 pm

kennyboy wrote:So Ancelotti is linked.. Mixed feelings about him, I think we need someone who is hard this time, some that can shake the players a little !

Maybe like Mancini was?
What we need is players who want to die for the cause. Not multiples of managers every season or two.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:11 pm

I don't think this is the same as that Mancini season, he's not been back-stabbed by the board yet, but there's time.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:27 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I don't think this is the same as that Mancini season, he's not been back-stabbed by the board yet, but there's time.

The two Spaniards could not handle Mancini's Temper, it took months of rumours for him to leave. The manager and players might say nice things about each other, do they all get another go, that will be for Khaldoon to decide. A review of the Season should be beamed via the o.s
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PrezIke » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:09 am

Not sure if anyone caught this, but on this past week's Blue Moon podcast they stated that the interview he just did for The Daily Mail and The Guardian was arranged by "his people" not the club, and suggested that it was probably set up as a way to sell himself to the fans who had seemed to be turning on him a bit with the way things have gone this season, and the perceived lack of "personality" he shows. Apparently it was also conducted in Spanish, or he got to respond that way at least.

As for this being the same as Mancini, I don't think so. Most players apparently still like him, at least, and we don't hear that there is the kind of mutiny that was going on back then. I don't think we are going to take Ancelotti unless we know Pep has no chance to leave Bayern or plans to go elsewhere.
Last edited by PrezIke on Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:33 am

Bayern, I do not see giving us anything that could potentially damage them, they prefer the steal your players for free policy. If Pep is the dream of Khaldoon, with Pellergrini as a safe option to lead the best squad in the Prem Pellers has kind of messed things up with the help of the squad a double this year would have been perfect in the development of the plan, now he is vulnerable.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:16 pm

Depends if the chairman, owner, chief exec, df, are operating in the real sporting world or in the world of football fan/tabloid fantasy.

In the real world, if you had a bloke on contract for 3 years, & a plan for someone to replace him at the end of his contract, & he won a double in his first season, then you wouldn't be looking to replace him after the 2nd season, for not quite managing to win stuff, thus either tearing up the plan, or employing somebody for one season, who may turn out a failure anyway. Unless the club had disintegrated under him.

You would just get on with it.

You would be more likely to sack him, if there was actually no plan of succession & you had decided he's not quite upto it, & to start afresh.

If Pep, or even Vieira, have been lined up to take over after next season, then sacking Pellegrini would be the stupidest thing since the invention of stupid things. I don't believe they are that stupid.

Imo, if Pellegrini goes, it means Pep isn't coming.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:21 pm

Who's this manager we've earmarked to come in after Pellers contract expires?

If Pellers stays for next year then it would be very dangerous to allow him to just sit our his contract, unless the person you are thinking of has already said yes. If, like some have mentioned, the players aren't exactly playing for him or not trusting his system then they sure has hell ain't going to bother too much knowing that he's on his way out, with earmarked manager coming in.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:29 pm

This is the best course of action should the following happen:

Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini safe from the sack - as long as they finish as Prem runners-up
22:30, 28 March 2015 By Steve Bates

Top brass not prepared to wield axe just because Blues aren't as good as Champions League nemesis Barca - but if they are overtaken by Arsenal or Man United....

Every second counts: Finishing behind only Chelsea will keep Pellegrini at Man City
Manuel Pellegrini will only face the sack by Manchester City this summer if his reigning Premier League champions finish outside the top two, writes Steve Bates in the Sunday People.

That's the scenario facing the City boss with the Blues' Abu Dhabi owners deciding to stick with Chilean coach Pellegrini next season - unless there's an end of season meltdown over the remaining eight games.

While disappointed at an unconvincing league season, Pellegrini is unlikely to be sacked if he guides his expensively assembled stars to second place.

Finishing third would, however, trigger an uncomfortable inquest for the South American and his job would be under severe threat if Arsenal or Manchester United pipped City to second place.

Anything less than a top three finish would mean instant dismissal for Pellegrini, who is more likely to be judged on the Premier League campaign rather than events in the Champions League.

How the top of the table stands:

P W D L GF GA GD Pts
Chelsea 29 20 7 2 61 25 +36 67
Manchester City 30 18 7 5 62 28 +34 61
Arsenal 30 18 6 6 58 31 +27 60
Manchester United 30 17 8 5 52 27 +25 59
Senior City sources insist the club's hierarchy have no appetite to ditch Pellegrini on the basis of another Champions League failure.

Having been knocked out of Europe in successive seasons by Barcelona, senior City officials believe there is no fair benchmark against which to place the team's failure once they have got past the group stage.

And that situation is likely to allow Pellegrini another crack at the competition if City maintain a serious pursuit of Chelsea until the end of the season.

With Pep Guardiola unlikely to quit Bayern Munich just yet, City maintain Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone, who has just signed a new five-year deal, was never an option if they do decide to make a change.

And they also claim Carlo Ancelotti of Real Madrid doesn't fit the club's blueprint.

With Patrick Vieira unlikely to be asked to step up from his work with City's Elite Development Squad and the club's Academy set-up, Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers - a past target - would be on their radar.

Having committed so heavily to his work at Anfield, it would take a change in his relationship with Boston-based owner John W Henry to force Rodgers out.

And that leaves City with no obvious successor if Pellegrini's side run into trouble in the closing games of the season.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:46 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Who's this manager we've earmarked to come in after Pellers contract expires?

If Pellers stays for next year then it would be very dangerous to allow him to just sit our his contract, unless the person you are thinking of has already said yes. If, like some have mentioned, the players aren't exactly playing for him or not trusting his system then they sure has hell ain't going to bother too much knowing that he's on his way out, with earmarked manager coming in.

Who says we have definitely earmarked a manager to take over from Pellegrini ? Who says the players would definitely be performing better for anyone else ? Why would City tell the Players that a manager from another club would be taking over & why would that manager himself tell anyone he was taking over at City if he was busy trying to win a title elsewhere ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:47 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:This is the best course of action should the following happen:

Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini safe from the sack - as long as they finish as Prem runners-up
22:30, 28 March 2015 By Steve Bates

Top brass not prepared to wield axe just because Blues aren't as good as Champions League nemesis Barca - but if they are overtaken by Arsenal or Man United....

Every second counts: Finishing behind only Chelsea will keep Pellegrini at Man City
Manuel Pellegrini will only face the sack by Manchester City this summer if his reigning Premier League champions finish outside the top two, writes Steve Bates in the Sunday People.

That's the scenario facing the City boss with the Blues' Abu Dhabi owners deciding to stick with Chilean coach Pellegrini next season - unless there's an end of season meltdown over the remaining eight games.

While disappointed at an unconvincing league season, Pellegrini is unlikely to be sacked if he guides his expensively assembled stars to second place.

Finishing third would, however, trigger an uncomfortable inquest for the South American and his job would be under severe threat if Arsenal or Manchester United pipped City to second place.

Anything less than a top three finish would mean instant dismissal for Pellegrini, who is more likely to be judged on the Premier League campaign rather than events in the Champions League.

How the top of the table stands:

P W D L GF GA GD Pts
Chelsea 29 20 7 2 61 25 +36 67
Manchester City 30 18 7 5 62 28 +34 61
Arsenal 30 18 6 6 58 31 +27 60
Manchester United 30 17 8 5 52 27 +25 59
Senior City sources insist the club's hierarchy have no appetite to ditch Pellegrini on the basis of another Champions League failure.

Having been knocked out of Europe in successive seasons by Barcelona, senior City officials believe there is no fair benchmark against which to place the team's failure once they have got past the group stage.

And that situation is likely to allow Pellegrini another crack at the competition if City maintain a serious pursuit of Chelsea until the end of the season.

With Pep Guardiola unlikely to quit Bayern Munich just yet, City maintain Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone, who has just signed a new five-year deal, was never an option if they do decide to make a change.

And they also claim Carlo Ancelotti of Real Madrid doesn't fit the club's blueprint.

With Patrick Vieira unlikely to be asked to step up from his work with City's Elite Development Squad and the club's Academy set-up, Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers - a past target - would be on their radar.

Having committed so heavily to his work at Anfield, it would take a change in his relationship with Boston-based owner John W Henry to force Rodgers out.

And that leaves City with no obvious successor if Pellegrini's side run into trouble in the closing games of the season.

What that piece points out, is that there are very few obvious candidates better than Pellegrini.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum