Pellegrini Satisfometer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How satisfied are you with Pellegrini's work to date?

Highly satisfied
41%
Satisfied
24%
Neither satisfied nor particularly dissatisfied
8%
Dissatisfied
12%
Highly dissatisfied
15%

Total votes : 195

Re: Pellegrini Satisfometer

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:24 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Clowncrete wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:I am beyond trying to fathom our game management we do not lack the quality, we did a double under this manager, I am pretty sure if he picked up the phone and spoke with Mancini he would concur Attitude is questionable, is he to scared to call it as it is for fear of the bullet.

I think he knows he is powerless to change anything and here as only stopgap. So, he is trying to make do with what he has without causing a storm.

No place to hide on Wed night, I also think he has about 5 players he kinda trusts the rest and him are not on the same page, I also think the signings have failed so badly it has become a bunch of ins and outs, from the keeper to Bony none of it has added a thing. I don't blame them as individuals just a mess of a squad, Lampard under used as an example.

How about a team of :

Hart
Sagna,Kompany,MDM,Clichy
Navas,Yaya,Fernandinho,Lampard,Nasri
Aguero

Subs Milner,Mangala,Kolarov,Silva,Bony,Zaba plus Angus Gunn

I wonder how many of those Pellegrini trusts
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:29 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Clowncrete wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:I am beyond trying to fathom our game management we do not lack the quality, we did a double under this manager, I am pretty sure if he picked up the phone and spoke with Mancini he would concur Attitude is questionable, is he to scared to call it as it is for fear of the bullet.

I think he knows he is powerless to change anything and here as only stopgap. So, he is trying to make do with what he has without causing a storm.

No place to hide on Wed night, I also think he has about 5 players he kinda trusts the rest and him are not on the same page, I also think the signings have failed so badly it has become a bunch of ins and outs, from the keeper to Bony none of it has added a thing. I don't blame them as individuals just a mess of a squad, Lampard under used as an example.

How about a team of :

Hart
Sagna,Kompany,MDM,Clichy
Aguero

One bright not Our man at Lille ripped it tonight again.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:29 pm

I wonder how many of those trust Pellegrini?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby sheblue » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:12 am

Do not want to see pelligrini sacked. Want to see him properly supported to bring in a few quality signings AND want to see him encouraged to bring through a few younger lads to start to rebuild long term.
What would sacking him achieve? Will it make the current squad younger?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 am

sheblue wrote:Do not want to see pelligrini sacked. Want to see him properly supported to bring in a few quality signings AND want to see him encouraged to bring through a few younger lads to start to rebuild long term.
What would sacking him achieve? Will it make the current squad younger?

Pellegrini is a deadman walking , he will carry the can for this seasons abysmal failure that's how football works . The writing was on the wall maybe 6 months ago and the harsh reality is we have gone backwards under his management this season which is going to take a whole lot of effort to overhaul to re establish us MCFC as the best team in England . A new approach , new style of play and an overhaul of the current squad is needed this summer under a new manager . I just hope things don't slip so badly in the last few games of this season that we don't actually qualify for the CL as that now is a HUGE possibility !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:01 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Clowncrete wrote:

How about a team of :

Hart
Sagna,Kompany,MDM,Clichy
Aguero

Clichy's suspended and I can't imagine he won't play 4-4-2
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blue2 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:15 am

He has to go, I wouldn't trust him to spend another penny, his signings have been shite and there is clearly something wrong at the club. Chelsea aren't even that good and are going to win the league at a canter.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Mark Garrett » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:31 pm

Pellegrini is a decent manager and a decent bloke but he should be moved on in the summer.

He was a downgrade on Mancini.

His signings with input from Soriano and Txiki have on the whole been poor. Demichellis has been decent, so too Fernandinho. That aside, mediocrity.

Tactically he has 442 and nothing else.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:30 pm

If Pellegrini has lost the confidence of the entire squad, sack sack sack. If not, there would be something very spoilt about sacking him. IMO. Dare I say Real Madridesque?

Guardiola is not popular in Bayern by the way. It seems the CL game they played against us about 1,5 seasons ago was his peak according to a mate. Prominent people around the leader circle are voicing their concerns. Everything seems greener on the other side but isn't necessarily so.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby MilnersJaw » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:44 pm

If the players have again fallen out with the manager and are not performing because of it then they can fuck off the bunch of lightweights.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:12 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:If Pellegrini has lost the confidence of the entire squad, sack sack sack. If not, there would be something very spoilt about sacking him. IMO. Dare I say Real Madridesque?

Guardiola is not popular in Bayern by the way. It seems the CL game they played against us about 1,5 seasons ago was his peak according to a mate. Prominent people around the leader circle are voicing their concerns. Everything seems greener on the other side but isn't necessarily so.

Bayern will win their league , Bayern just put 7 in in the CL.........I think their patch of grass is very fucking green....ours is a fuckign desert.

I fuckign swear , if the Munchens finish above us, Pellegrini will go down as an utter utter incompetent cunt of a manager who has fucked all City fans across the globe...the piss taking from scum supporters will be too much to bare.

Id want him sacked without pity......I'm serious.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:04 pm

Revealing interview with The Count in today's Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... grini.html

And a slightly different version in The Guardian:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ons-league
Last edited by Peter Doherty (AGAIG) on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:32 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Revealing interview with The Count in today's Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... grini.html

And the a slightly different version in The Guardian:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ons-league

Thats a really good interview, I like the way he has put himself across in that article. Shame they didnt ask about 442, but never mind.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby PrezIke » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:17 pm

great interview/article (just read the guardian's).

a lot of good points about various key topics: why city are not given respect in england, bringing in youth and "crack" (star signings) to refresh the team, ffp, being a so-called "big club", demands of english season vs. other nations.

personally, i like him as our manager. has real class, compared many top managers we know of, and who is really going to come in now, and what message does that send the players? back the manager this time. if we falter next year, move on. i don't see a real replacement out there anyway. vieira hardly seems ready unless he's some kind of miracle man.

i also feel that pellegrini may think that with our team that our attack oriented 4-4-2 is what he needs to do with the players he has. don't be surprised if next year it's 4-3-3 (assuming he is here).

move on with some of those who need replacing and have had their chances.

yaya has been a favourite of mine, but if we swap him with pogba, i won't be too mad.

one bad omen...didn't mancini have a big article about him in the guardian not too long before he was sacked? wasn't that the one where he said nasri only gives 50% or something?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:29 pm

Read it twice, he makes perfect sense. I am more puzzled as to how his ideas are so hard for our world recognised players to implement. His thoughts and respect of Milner and he still has not put pen to paper. Class act, will that save him ?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:10 pm

4-4-2 was nowhere to be seen in either leg when we played Barca last season, just saying.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:33 pm

Pellers is still the man for the job IMO. Speaks sense with class throughout. Imagine a similar article with Mourinho... Case closed your honour
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:34 pm

The Count has got a funky ass bag for his notes. Image
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:41 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:The Count has got a funky ass bag for his notes. Image

Thinks he's waiting for the bus the old twat!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby freshie » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:41 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Read it twice, he makes perfect sense. I am more puzzled as to how his ideas are so hard for our world recognised players to implement. His thoughts and respect of Milner and he still has not put pen to paper. Class act, will that save him ?

Isn't it strange that he speaks so highly of Milner that you would think he would be the first name on the team-sheet, yet he isn't? And Pellegrinii wonders why he hasn't signed a new contract
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum