do we really need 4 strikers?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

do we really need 4 strikers?

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:39 pm

pretty self explanatory really.

I feel with 4 strikers one is always going to miss out. we're struggling to see jojo, only game he's played really was the league cup came which alot of us couldn't see ( had to use the radio).

he seems to be 4th choice but from what everyone says hes decent and should be starting. but when we have sergio, neggers, dzeko and him, how is he going to start?
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Re: do we really need 4 strikers?

Postby Breks » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:41 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:pretty self explanatory really.

I feel with 4 strikers one is always going to miss out. we're struggling to see jojo, only game he's played really was the league cup came which alot of us couldn't see ( had to use the radio).

he seems to be 4th choice but from what everyone says hes decent and should be starting. but when we have sergio, neggers, dzeko and him, how is he going to start?

He played against stoke in the ieague. We do need 4 strikers to challenge properly for 4 trophies.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:52 pm

Breks wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:pretty self explanatory really.

He played against stoke in the ieague. We do need 4 strikers to challenge properly for 4 trophies.

that's a sweeping statement without any thought behind it. why exactly? if one striker hardly plays, how can he be effective when he does, especially one who is young.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Tim777 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:26 pm

Yes.
I think that the powers-that-be decided that City become more of an attacking team. I know Jovetic, and even Dzeko, are not playing as regularly as Aguero and Negredo, but we also have the League Cup and FA Cup as slots for them.
Your point is noted about Jovetic not getting enough games to develop within the team, but it may be the only way; for his next game he needs to make a really good impression to help change that.
If any one of the four were to be injured, then we could end up with a crisis similar to what we've been having in defence.
Also, although it's still bollocks at this stage, losing our star forward Aguero to Barca in January may not be too far-fetched. It could be one of the reasons why he's upped his game recently.
Last edited by Tim777 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Postby Breks » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:29 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:
that's a sweeping statement without any thought behind it. why exactly? if one striker hardly plays, how can he be effective when he does, especially one who is young.

Really? He has played and has also been injured. 11 games in total we have played this year, thats all. Jovetic has played in 3. Injury kept him from playing more. Your just talking absolute shit as usual. We need 2 players for every position. Jovetic will play his fair share of games. Barring injury he will probably play in 2 more games this month maybe all 3. He will start against Newcastle in the league cup.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Risby » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:44 pm

The thing with Jovetic is that he could easily slot in to an attacking midfield role. If Nasri or Silva get injured and the other has played a lot of games, he could fix that problem with his technical and tactical ability.
Risby
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Zaba

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:06 pm

Breks wrote:
Really? He has played and has also been injured. 11 games in total we have played this year, thats all. Jovetic has played in 3. Injury kept him from playing more. Your just talking absolute shit as usual. We need 2 players for every position. Jovetic will play his fair share of games. Barring injury he will probably play in 2 more games this month maybe all 3. He will start against Newcastle in the league cup.

Well aware he was injured but can you see him starting ahead of Neggers and Sergio of both are fit and do not need resting? If we bought him to play in the fa and league cup then that's a shame and a waste cos he obviously is talented. You constantly bitter? It's a fair question tbh no need to be an utter cunt so why not fuck off if my thread offends you so much you prick.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:19 pm

Yes we do. What if one gets injured? And also I hope we'll be challenging on 4 fronts this season and we'll need them.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:56 pm

we probably do need 4, but I'd like to eventually see guidetti take dzekos place (sorry, paulus!).
Last edited by Sideshow Bob on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Breks » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:57 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:
Well aware he was injured but can you see him starting ahead of Neggers and Sergio of both are fit and do not need resting? If we bought him to play in the fa and league cup then that's a shame and a waste cos he obviously is talented. You constantly bitter? It's a fair question tbh no need to be an utter cunt so why not fuck off if my thread offends you so much you prick.

Your a prick and you just talk constant shit. Your an absolute chopper!
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Postby sheblue » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:06 pm

But we don't have 4.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Tim777 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:24 pm

sheblue wrote:But we don't have 4.

Guidetti.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:49 pm

Breks wrote:
Your a prick and you just talk constant shit. Your an absolute chopper!

Cry me a river you spastic.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Bleed_Blue » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:16 am

MilnersJaw wrote:Well aware he was injured but can you see him starting ahead of Neggers and Sergio of both are fit and do not need resting? If we bought him to play in the fa and league cup then that's a shame and a waste cos he obviously is talented. You constantly bitter? It's a fair question tbh no need to be an utter cunt so why not fuck off if my thread offends you so much you prick.

I agree with what you say, cant believe people calling you a prick for bringing up a reasonable thing.

It feels awful buying someone young who we know is talented, we get our hopes high but get disappointed when he is restricted to League Cup and bit part role. I would say dont just think about team but player too. When someone joins city you like him and think about the player and when its not fair for the player you feel bad.

Everyone wants Guidetti, Lopes, Pozo, Boyata and others to shine and talks about using established players in League cup. Both cannot happen at the same time and doesnt seem very Hollistic now does it

Also it would be interesting using a single striker with the midfield we have.
Please dont start on Jovetic can be a midfielder too cause everyone knows, all I am saying is if we have someone in team use him sufficiently or else dont just waste an year of a players football life.
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Evenmydoghatesunited » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:23 am

Well according to the Sunday Mirror (according to bbc sport - I read the Times don't y'know) we're trying to buy Lewandowksi in January. True or bollox?
Evenmydoghatesunited
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: Franny Lee

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:25 am

Bleed_Blue wrote:
Everyone wants Guidetti, Lopes, Pozo, Boyata and others to shine and talks about using established players in League cup. Both cannot happen at the same time and doesnt seem very Hollistic now does it

Agree with this. Whats the point of spending huge sums of money in building the best academy & facilities in the world and then not playing any of the lads who come through it? What incentive does it give a young player to join our academy if in all likeliness they wont get a game as there are big money buys in all positions in 1st team. Why would Jismjaz for example want to come to us when he's actually starting 1st team games for rags or any other young player(Sterling, Wilshire, Ramsey,Barkley etc have all played for their clubs earlier than our academy boys)

I think 3 top forwards should be enough with room for a lad (Lopez, Guidetti, Pozo etc) to be given a chance every now and again. This could be a home game we are expected to win as a start or a sub appearance when we are comftable to gain experience. There is no substitute for match play.

Re JoJo, the comment he is also good/versatile enough to play in a deeper role is a valid one. We may see games with 2 of Aguero,Dzeko,Neggers playing & JoJo in an attacking role instead of Silva or Nasri. He certainly looked shit hot for Montenegro there v England.

Also when a player, especially a forward, doesnt play regularly they lose match sharpness so when they do play they look rusty. We've seen this with Edin last year. It then turns the idea of 4 top strikers into a daft one as the one who doesnt play as much then isnt a top striker anymore
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Slim » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:06 am

I think that was the reason City signed Negredo, Fred and Navas. All of them slightly older buys and looking for a short term solution to a loan term problem. I can see the academy starting to churn out players in a few years but for now, maybe the quality isn't there.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:29 am

Evenmydoghatesunited wrote:Well according to the Sunday Mirror (according to bbc sport - I read the Times don't y'know) we're trying to buy Lewandowksi in January. True or bollox?

Utter shite. Far more likely to address defence
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Breks » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:51 am

MilnersJaw wrote:
Cry me a river you spastic.

spastic? Thats not politically correct is it. Ever thought there might be people on here who have disabled relative and you go and use terminology like that, scummy as fuck you are.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ant london » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:28 am

Breks wrote: spastic? Thats not politically correct is it. Ever thought there might be people on here who have disabled relative and you go and use terminology like that, scummy as fuck you are.

Groundhog spaz
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum