Navas

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Navas

Postby zuricity » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:25 pm

Mase wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:Winds me up when Zaba goes for an overlap and every single fuckin time instead of playing him threw Navas will just come back or run instead where no one is. Pisses me off!!! He's fast, but he's not direct enough.

In fairness to Navas, he does track back and very well too.

Bayern got their goal after he went off and had done a great cleanup job all of the match helping Zaba.

He has to track back because Zaba's gone for the overlap without getting the ball so it out of position. Because of Navas.

Not always, give the guy a bit of credit. He does do his fair share of defending. Also , the example you give is poor.

Bayern didn't score as the end result from a corner kick, because he didn't pass properly to zabs.

He does track back and his speed very useful when he is defending.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:15 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
blues2win wrote:A low ball to Aguero or a higher cross to Dzeko if he's playing. Agreed we could do with Yaya Nasri Silva getting into box more offering options.

If people such as Aguero, Dzeko go to Navas & say "I'm going to go near post, get past your man & smack it in there, or at least one of us will be there each time, one will hang back for a diagonal or go far post so you can stand it up " etc, etc.

They quite clearly don't & he is just guessing where they may be if he goes that route. When Negredo arrived, all this stuff improved 200%. Now it's slipping back to how it was under Mancini.

It doesn't matter where Aguero and Dzeko go when 9/10 times the cross hits the first defender.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby ayrshireblue » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:56 am

Watched him a lot on Saturday, I know he put the cross in for Jovetic's goal but we were a man down with him in the team. He runs towards the player with the ball therefore closing down the space the player has instead of making a run which draws defenders away from him. Watch Swansea's goal, Aguero is running across the pitch with the ball and Navas runs towards him and tackles him which gives the ball to Swansea - we should still have stopped the goal from happening to be fair. He never takes on a defender even when there is yards of space behind to run into which is so frustrating because he would burn past most of the defenders in this league. How he stayed on for 90 minutes when Jovetic and Nasri were taken off despite running the game I'll never know.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby sheblue » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:27 am

wouldn't say were a man down with him in the side, but he is a one trick pony who is well and truly figured out.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:30 am

What absolute bollocks.

We scored two fucking goals, one purely because of Navas & Jovetic. Had he not played, chances are we would have dropped 2 points.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby sheblue » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:38 am

Ted Hughes wrote:What absolute bollocks.

We scored two fucking goals, one purely because of Navas & Jovetic. Had he not played, chances are we would have dropped 2 points.

Of course its impossible to prove so. But you might be right, then again if he didn't play we might have scored 3 or 4!!, ifs, ands, buts and maybes, football is full of them.....
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:38 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
blues2win wrote:A low ball to Aguero or a higher cross to Dzeko if he's playing. Agreed we could do with Yaya Nasri Silva getting into box more offering options.

If people such as Aguero, Dzeko go to Navas & say "I'm going to go near post, get past your man & smack it in there, or at least one of us will be there each time, one will hang back for a diagonal or go far post so you can stand it up " etc, etc.

They quite clearly don't & he is just guessing where they may be if he goes that route. When Negredo arrived, all this stuff improved 200%. Now it's slipping back to how it was under Mancini.

It doesn't matter where Aguero and Dzeko go when 9/10 times the cross hits the first defender.

90% of all city's crosses by everybody, hit the first defender. Which is related to the point I'm making.

Have a look at the goal Jovetic scored. Stop the vid as Navas kicks the ball & look at his options available from the rest of the team except Jovetic.

Fucking zero. He's relying on Jovetic, & Jovetic is relying on him. Fantastic goal purely because both take the right gamble. The rest of the City team are a waste of fucking space in that instant, who have no chance of affecting the play barring a freak incident or barring Navas turning backwards..

Not good enough.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:41 am

I thought Navas had his best game for an age ... did what he's supposed to do, whipping crosses in for the forwards to try and tuck away.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby AntMcfc » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:43 am

Mase has it spot on, Navas stifles our attacking system every time he plays. This is exactly why I want Silva playing wide-right when he's available, he's the only man capable of bringing Zaba's crucial overlaps into play - the main reason we've had success over the years.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:24 pm

AntMcfc wrote:Mase has it spot on, Navas stifles our attacking system every time he plays. This is exactly why I want Silva playing wide-right when he's available, he's the only man capable of bringing Zaba's crucial overlaps into play - the main reason we've had success over the years.

You mean the move that everyone sussed out the season we won the title & just took the ball off us time & again the year after because they were waiting for it & it was all we ever did, hence signing Navas to mix it up ?

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Match-high ... highlights

Here is a link to the highlights on the OS.

I suggest you fucking lot, watch them. There's being wrong, & being clueless, & then there's taking the fucking piss. You lot are taking the fucking piss.

There is barely a decent attack in 90 mins which doesn't result from Navas. even the 2nd goal is due to him taking two players out wide for Fernandinho to use the space.

I've rarely read such utter unfair shite since Lescott was playing.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ayrshireblue » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:30 pm

Ted you're entitled to your opinion but this time I think you've got it completely wrong. He keeps getting in the way of the player with the ball and shutting down his space while taking another defender too him. He lacks intelligence. Then there is that stupid thing he does when he runs towards his own goal with the ball and a promising attach turns into a pass back to Hart. No way should a winger EVER pass a ball to the keeper. His final ball is usually dreadful which is why no one makes the run across the near post not the other way round. Sinclair playing out wide on the right would be no worse than Navas.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:36 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:Ted you're entitled to your opinion but this time I think you've got it completely wrong. He keeps getting in the way of the player with the ball and shutting down his space while taking another defender too him. He lacks intelligence. Then there is that stupid thing he does when he runs towards his own goal with the ball and a promising attach turns into a pass back to Hart. No way should a winger EVER pass a ball to the keeper. His final ball is usually dreadful which is why no one makes the run across the near post not the other way round. Sinclair playing out wide on the right would be no worse than Navas.

Watch the video.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ayrshireblue » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:39 pm

I was at the game, I saw it with my own eyes. For the first goal we were doing nothing with the ball till Nasri came over and forced Navas to go wide then Yaya picked him out and he delivered a good ball in which found Jovetic. The only other time he looked threatening was when he had the shot in the second half but again his decision making was poor as he had two men square and in better goalscoring positions.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby twosips » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:45 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:Ted you're entitled to your opinion but this time I think you've got it completely wrong. He keeps getting in the way of the player with the ball and shutting down his space while taking another defender too him. He lacks intelligence. Then there is that stupid thing he does when he runs towards his own goal with the ball and a promising attach turns into a pass back to Hart. No way should a winger EVER pass a ball to the keeper. His final ball is usually dreadful which is why no one makes the run across the near post not the other way round. Sinclair playing out wide on the right would be no worse than Navas.

Why? Would you prefer some clueless cunt like Andros Townsend who just runs for the sake of it? Navas is twice the player that people like him are.

Navas isn't a world class player but he's a good option and a good player. Expecting him to destroy teams all the team is ridiculous. He's won us games and set up countless chances and is a decent outlet for us. He's better in a confident team where theres movement around him, but as long as we see him as a good squad player then its fine. That's what he is. He's playing all the time at the moment cos of injuries but he's doing okay. He was good against Swansea and involved in a lot of good. Not perfect, no, but then again who was? He was better than most at least. If this was the team of last year there would be better movement around him and he'd be more effective.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:52 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:I was at the game, I saw it with my own eyes. For the first goal we were doing nothing with the ball till Nasri came over and forced Navas to go wide then Yaya picked him out and he delivered a good ball in which found Jovetic. The only other time he looked threatening was when he had the shot in the second half but again his decision making was poor as he had two men square and in better goalscoring positions.

I don't care whether you were at the game or not. I can remember loads of instances where he could have done better, sometimes he was headless & shit. I saw loads of the same with Aguero & Nasri, the bit you are missing, is everything else, where he made a positive contribution & you don't see remotely interested in it. There is proof on the Os, which you can look at with your own eyes now, which shows anyone who cares to look at it without an agenda, why Navas is in the team, & how he contributed to both goals & could have been resposible for several others. It also shows Aguero being a right greedy cunt at times.

No less guilty than Navas for maing wrong decisions. Milner is often worse still & Zabba is even worse than that. It happens.

If Navas hadn't played, we probably wouldn't have won. He is a great asset to the squad.
Last edited by Ted Hughes on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:54 pm

I find him very frustrating but do acknowledge he's a good option to have in our squad.

Why people can't criticise without going completely OTT I don't know.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby ayrshireblue » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:57 pm

twosips wrote:

Why? Would you prefer some clueless cunt like Andros Townsend who just runs for the sake of it? Navas is twice the player that people like him are.

Navas isn't a world class player but he's a good option and a good player. Expecting him to destroy teams all the team is ridiculous. He's won us games and set up countless chances and is a decent outlet for us. He's better in a confident team where theres movement around him, but as long as we see him as a good squad player then its fine. That's what he is. He's playing all the time at the moment cos of injuries but he's doing okay. He was good against Swansea and involved in a lot of good. Not perfect, no, but then again who was? He was better than most at least. If this was the team of last year there would be better movement around him and he'd be more effective.

Running for the sake of it is exactly what Navas was doing here, he ignores teammates and carries on dribbling towards his own goal when he should be laying the ball off and turning round to face the opposition up long before he is anywhere near Hart. That is what I mean by never passing back to the keeper, there are times when a winger will track back and nick the ball and the sensible option is to pass to the keeper.
I would love to see Navas right what I perceive to be the wrongs in his game as when he is running at teams and has runners alongside looking for the ball he looks a nightmare to play against. At the moment he just seems a bit lost and lacking in confidence in himself and his teammates.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby twosips » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:00 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I find him very frustrating but do acknowledge he's a good option to have in our squad.

Why people can't criticise without going completely OTT I don't know.

People like a scapegoat. It's weird but its like there can't be a middle ground. Someone has to be amazing or awful - can't we just accept that he's flawed, yes, but also useful and often very useful.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:00 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:
twosips wrote:

Running for the sake of it is exactly what Navas was doing here, he ignores teammates and carries on dribbling towards his own goal when he should be laying the ball off and turning round to face the opposition up long before he is anywhere near Hart. That is what I mean by never passing back to the keeper, there are times when a winger will track back and nick the ball and the sensible option is to pass to the keeper.
I would love to see Navas right what I perceive to be the wrongs in his game as when he is running at teams and has runners alongside looking for the ball he looks a nightmare to play against. At the moment he just seems a bit lost and lacking in confidence in himself and his teammates.

I'm not surprised he's lacking in confidence in Zabaleta, the bloke is a car crash at the moment.

But once atgain, the highlights on the OS are like a demo tape of Navas runs having a positive effect on our attacking play. It simply makes your criticism impossible to justify, even if he did make mistakes. Watch it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ayrshireblue » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:09 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
ayrshireblue wrote:I was at the game, I saw it with my own eyes. For the first goal we were doing nothing with the ball till Nasri came over and forced Navas to go wide then Yaya picked him out and he delivered a good ball in which found Jovetic. The only other time he looked threatening was when he had the shot in the second half but again his decision making was poor as he had two men square and in better goalscoring positions.

I don't care whether you were at the game or not. I can remember loads of instances where he could have done better, sometimes he was headless & shit. I saw loads of the same with Aguero & Nasri, the bit you are missing, is everything else, where he made a positive contribution & you don't see remotely interested in it. There is proof on the Os, which you can look at with your own eyes now, which shows anyone who cares to look at it without an agenda, why Navas is in the team, & how he contributed to both goals & could have been resposible for several others. It also shows Aguero being a right greedy cunt at times.

No less guilty than Navas for maing wrong decisions. Milner is often worse still & Zabba is even worse than that. It happens.

If Navas hadn't played, we probably wouldn't have won. He is a great asset to the squad.

I have watched the video and can see positives in some of his play. He is an impact player as someone has pointed out who is being used as a starter every game just now because of injuries. Maybe I am just frustrated because I can see how good he almost is and wish he could make that step up in his decision making. His play in the second half was definitely better than in the first half, which I probably didn't appreciate at the game due to being in 221. Possibly down to the team playing better by then so his own confidence was up.
He is a good squad player but is nothing than that in my opinion yet at the moment he is being asked to be a match changer for us. Sometimes he manages this, most times he doesn't.
You're right about Aguero being a greedy cunt but he gets away with it because he sticks the ball in the net more than most. Zabba and Milner probably get away with it because of their work rate. Kompany, Hart, Yaya all make wrong decisions too.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum