nastasic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

nastasic

Postby michaelcityfan » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:55 pm

How much longer before this man is moved on? We need to get rid then buy someone who won't makr schoolboy errors also put pantemillion in goal.
michaelcityfan
Darius Vassell's Composure

Re: nastasic

Postby blue wine » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:57 pm

It was harts fault!!!
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby MilnersJaw » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:58 pm

Agreed. Been nothing but a lightweight since he came. People liked him cos he was young and it looked like we were giving youth a chance. Better cb play for nearly half the pl teams.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:00 pm

I'm starting to think the reason kompany and lescott and then kompany and nasti looked so good together is that kompany is fucking class. Lets buy a proper defender to play alongside him instead of having to watch him carry our defence year after year.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby aaron bond » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:04 pm

I've never rated him and every week this season he's doing nothing to convince me otherwise.

It's not just the goal today. It's the examples like when he was marking Terry for the corner and didn't jump at all. Or when Chelsea had a free kick with about 15 mins to go and crossed to the back post and Terry just missed - all our defenders tried to follow their markers into the box, but Nastasic just stayed on the edge and didn't track back.

He's been doing things like that ever since he's been with us.

We paid £12m + Savic (£7m) for him. That's effectively £19m. For that money we should be getting a genuine world class defender. Instead we have a hopeless youngster who will end up playing with Federico Macheda in a couple of years.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby aaron bond » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:06 pm

london blue 2 wrote:I'm starting to think the reason kompany and lescott and then kompany and nasti looked so good together is that kompany is fucking class. Lets buy a proper defender to play alongside him instead of having to watch him carry our defence year after year.

You do remember that Lescott was the better performer for the majority of the title-winning season, and it was only in the last third of the season where Kompany really began to stand out?

Don't get me wrong, I think Kompany's the better player. But I think people on here tend to forget Lescott's contributions over the years.

Either way, he's far better than Nastasic will ever be.
aaron bond

Postby s1ty m » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:09 pm

I had high hopes for Nasti, now I am pretty sure he's fucking awful. The corner when he stood and cowed away from the ball was a breaking point. It was diabolical. Hart was to blame for the goal, but Nasti was generally all,over the shop today and has been all season. We might as well play Boyata if the manager thinks Lescott is crap, which he obviously does. The defence is amess though, it really is. Clichy has just imploded.
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Cit.revenge » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:09 pm

Maybe he had bad game but not much defender had good but this at end Hart fault 100 % , what the fuck he left hes space i really do not know ?!!!
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:12 pm

We have defensive issues.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:12 pm

blue wine wrote:It was harts fault!!!

One thing I think I can say with 100% certainty is that Joe Hart would have been screaming that it was his ball and if Nasti left it he would have cleared it easily.Having said that Joe shouldn't have been anywhere near it as it was such a simple ball for Nasti to head back to him. How Nasti can't be aware that Joe is coming is beyond me.

I would say 100% Joe's fault and 100% Nasti's fault.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Cit.revenge » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:18 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

One thing I think I can say with 100% certainty is that Joe Hart would have been screaming that it was his ball and if Nasti left it he would have cleared it easily.Having said that Joe shouldn't have been anywhere near it as it was such a simple ball for Nasti to head back to him. How Nasti can't be aware that Joe is coming is beyond me.

Did u see how much Hart scream to set up the wall ? U can't hear anything !!!
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:21 pm

aaron bond wrote:I've never rated him and every week this season he's doing nothing to convince me otherwise. It's not just the goal today. It's the examples like when he was marking Terry for the corner and didn't jump at all. Or when Chelsea had a free kick with about 15 mins to go and crossed to the back post and Terry just missed - all our defenders tried to follow their markers into the box, but Nastasic just stayed on the edge and didn't track back. He's been doing things like that ever since he's been with us. We paid £12m + Savic (£7m) for him. That's effectively £19m. For that money we should be getting a genuine world class defender. Instead we have a hopeless youngster who will end up playing with Federico Macheda in a couple of years.

Savic was worth £0 so we effectively paid £12 million for Matija.

But what a shocking error that was. Again. Mostly hart I have no clue what he was thinking but Nastasic as well.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:23 pm

aaron bond wrote: You do remember that Lescott was the better performer for the majority of the title-winning season, and it was only in the last third of the season where Kompany really began to stand out?

Don't get me wrong, I think Kompany's the better player. But I think people on here tend to forget Lescott's contributions over the years.

Agreed. What the future holds for Nastasic remains to be seen but regarding Vinnie&JL you are spot on.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:23 pm

Cit.revenge wrote:

Sorry I don't buy that at all.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:24 pm

He is a kid who is doing ok, for a kid.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:25 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote: Sorry I don't buy that at all.

Me neither. I cannot believe Nastasic did not see Hart coming out
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:25 pm

Cit.revenge wrote:

Sorry I don't buy that at all.

I don't know what was the case when we slipped for 2-1 but did you not see the situation when Hart was screaming from the top of his lungs and still couldn't be heard by the players forming his wall?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Two's Kompany » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:26 pm

Watching Pepe (yes he's a nasty bastard and a cheat) last night give a defensive masterclass in El Classico shows why we were after him all summer.
I'm a fan of Nastasic but positionally he was all at sea first half as many of the back four were. HOWEVER he was in total control of that at the end.
No other top 6 side makes those sort of mistakes.
It can happen when your 3 or 4 up and you let your concentration drop but not at 1-1 away to a title rival.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:32 pm

It says it all when the Saints have a better defense than us. We need to get rectify this issue and fast. We just don't look like keeping clean sheets and that for the past few seasons has been out foundation. JL would be my first name on the team sheet Wednesday. Give him some game time for Saturday.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby horlock2000 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:40 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote: One thing I think I can say with 100% certainty is that Joe Hart would have been screaming that it was his ball and if Nasti left it he would have cleared it easily.Having said that Joe shouldn't have been anywhere near it as it was such a simple ball for Nasti to head back to him. How Nasti can't be aware that Joe is coming is beyond me. I would say 100% Joe's fault and 100% Nasti's fault.

Agreed!!!!!
horlock2000
Robinho's Step Over

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum