Moyes-ometer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Moyes-ometer

Satisfied with Moyes' performance to date
95%
Not satisfied with Moyes' performance to date
5%

Total votes : 172

Moyes-ometer

Postby john@staustell » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:23 am

Just a little selection of views from RAG Teamtalk page. Sorry for referring to them but it is quite jolly:

Moyes out, Glazers out!

Our midfield is rubbish and has been poor for a few years (even though we did win the league last season and nearly won it the season before). Everton midfield seemed to have time on the ball but they didn`t allow us any time at all and whenever teams do that we struggle to keep possession. We need midfielders who can get about the pitch, score goals and keep possession of the ball and not negative players who are content to pass the ball sideways and backwards. We desperately need at least two top players in the transfer window (as early as possible in the month) or this season could be a disaster. We had our chances and could have won the game but our play was generally terrible. What did Welbeck do to deserve to stay on for most of the game? Why did Chicharito only come on for the last 10 minutes? Our failure in the transfer market before the season has come back to bite us and we cannot blame anyone but ourselves, we all new that we desperately needed a few top players in and had to let the deadwood go - neither happened.

Maybe the last call from Ferguson was his worst call. Giving the job to Moyes. There might be a reason why managers dont apoint managers. Give me klopp or solskjaer...

If the Welbeck supporters on here (about 2% of all Utd fans) are allowed to big him up on the back of one or two good performances, then surely the Welbeck haters (the other 98%) are allowed to point out the 50 odd games where he has played terribly. Today is just another awful performance to add to his CV. He's a League One footballer at best, take away the fact he's 'young' (he's 23, only a year younger then Ronaldo when he left us) and he's a 'local lad' he would have been sold by now.

I just witnessed Moyes smirk his way through post game interview, how dare this cretain throw this in the fans face. He had more positives for Everton and resigned our club to just, meh. Go back to PNE because your not even good enough for Everton now. This season has shown you up for what you are, a nothing manager. Ferguson should of retired and left the club alone, take his honorary position on the board and allow the club to plan forward. To the Glazer family, the ball is in your court now, us fans don't celebrate your sponsorship deals, we support our team and unless you drop at least 100 mill in to this team maybe it time you take what you came for and leave. Mr. Giggs, I love you but a 40 year old has no place in the midfield of Manchester United. Mr. Rooney, thank you for your passion and desire and if anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt it is you, please stay and use your player power to force a change. Moyes/bold/Neville, you were not qualified to take over a club of this stature, do the right thing and step down. If I am not mistaken Pep Guardiola is on a 3 year contract with Bayern so if we can stay in the European places maybe, just maybe we can persuade him to help us back to the top.

We're in trouble no doubt about it. Top 4 is going to be a tough ask with this bunch of past it and mediocre players, and with most importantly this manager. He's out of his depth. It's so clear to see that's it's actually hard to watch how badly he's failing at the job. Despite that though, the players aren't exactly helping him to be fair. Evra and Vidic are finished defensively. Their pace and positioning has deserted them. His one signing, Mr Fellaini, is becoming our comedy version of Liverpool's £35m on Andy Carroll. I can't believe how average and how basic this guy looks. Valencia, Welbeck etc... just complete and utter dross. SHAMBOLIC from top to bottom. It looks like no top 4 unless a) HUGE investment is made in this squad in January b) Bring in a new manager sooner rather than later with the right credentials and ability to sort this mess out, along with identifying the right players to take the club forward.

Mr Moyes please don't drag this club down to your level!

just got back from the game as soon as i found the game was not on tv i had to get a ticket for my sins! and what a waste of money and an evening. ill tell u guys as it is i was sat watching in the south stand row 10 i have never seen such dross in my life! they were hopeless beyond belief you could drive a train thrg the midfield. but what really struck me was this team is not playing for that clown of a manager. at one point he was bellowing at the valencia da silva someone to drop back they looked at him and did not move one inch. this guy as i said before could not motivate a starving man to eat. those who supported this clown will watch and eat humble pie. he has killed us in 14 games. i for one would SOS fergie or jupp heyenkes. its bad guys i didnt realise how bad until today. they have made a monumental c up to hire a no winner manager and hope to replicate fergie the formula was simple hire a winner they hired a loser and he has languishing 9th.

this guy is sinking and taking us with him. an inept coaching set up we are finished.

Time to step up or do the right thing and get out Mr Moyes as you have clearly lost the dressing room.

Wow ! Moyes generously complimented Everton playess for the win. Meaning to the succes is not overnight and he indirectly claim credit for his eleven years there. Well , get the clue United as we ve got a long years to wait for the glory days to come.

football i witnessed today was something from the 60's hoof the ball smalling and vidic s instructions. im actually very eager to see how the club get themselves out of this mess boy this is gonna be good! the squad is good so they said champion squad they said so now please tell us about our league position and the manager?

im sorry for the good of the club long term saturday needs to be a negative the dire football will continue otherwise. this guy is not a winner neither are the owners or the woodwards of this world clue less bunch of bas.. i would have thought bobby and fergie would have seen sense but what a mess they have got us into
Last edited by john@staustell on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Moyes-ometer

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:51 am

My heart bleeds!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby sheblue » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:52 am

Very satisfied with him so far, excellent appointment.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby mr_nool » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:59 am

To be fair to Moyes, I think pretty much any manager would have struggled taking over that team from baconface. The squad is very average - aside from Schrek and RvP they don't have any top players (Vidic isn't the player he once was), and mid table mediocrity is probably about their right level without bacon's black magic.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:08 am

My advice to wee davey boy is to turn to youth. Give giggs another two year contract...bring scholes back...and as for their crybaby fans...you know if all this gets funnier they wont be around to debate it. Theyve been spoilt.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Twobob » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:16 am

Hilarious how they also seem to think solskjaer will be the saviour! Fucking clueless clowns, Moyes is doing great :-)
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby aaron bond » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:36 am

Can we add a poll to this thread so we can measure who is satisfied/unsatisfied with Moyes' performance so far this season?

:-)
aaron bond

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:49 am

As I said at the start of the season; don't rule out the possibility of that old cunt being back in charge New Year.

To the Glazers, missing the Champions League would be like having your throat cut.

Would almost be funny watching Arsenal collapse instantly though.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ajardine » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:02 am

David Moyes is a football genius!!!
Being a City fan is a lifestyle, a rollercoaster ride, but a bloody good one
Ajardine
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergioooooo

Postby john@staustell » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:09 am

aaron bond wrote:Can we add a poll to this thread so we can measure who is satisfied/unsatisfied with Moyes' performance so far this season?

Just found out how to. Done.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:12 am

Frank O Farrell mkII is dong a great job. Hope he stays for years and years.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:14 am

Goaters 103 wrote:Frank O Farrell mkII is dong a great job. Hope he stays for years and years.

As is 'the ghost of Busby' MKII.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby aaron bond » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:15 am

john@staustell wrote:
aaron bond wrote:Can we add a poll to this thread so we can measure who is satisfied/unsatisfied with Moyes' performance so far this season?

Just found out how to. Done.

Good job!

Definitely satisfied!
aaron bond

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:23 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:Frank O Farrell mkII is dong a great job. Hope he stays for years and years.

Spot on Ted. Only helps having Ferguson lingering around at every match, the camera panning to him in the crowd, just to ramp up the pressure on Moyes. Every little helps.

Pressure is on for top 4 for that lot. Was amusing last week when the media were fawning over how Giggs was "the best player on the pitch" at Leverkusen. If your best player, and top midfielder, is a 40 year old on a retirement tour who cant play twice in a week, what the hell does that tell you about your squad?
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:25 am

More than anything it highlights what an unbelievable job the old drunk did. How HE won the league with that shower of shite last season I'll never know.
Last edited by Bridge'srightfoot on Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Slim » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:35 am

Oh god oh god oh god, I have never loved a thread more.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:36 am

Goaters 103 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Spot on Ted. Only helps having Ferguson lingering around at every match, the camera panning to him in the crowd, just to ramp up the pressure on Moyes. Every little helps.

Pressure is on for top 4 for that lot. Was amusing last week when the media were fawning over how Giggs was "the best player on the pitch" at Leverkusen. If your best player, and top midfielder, is a 40 year old on a retirement tour who cant play twice in a week, what the hell does that tell you about your squad?

Alan Smith last night on the Sky highlights programme: "... they are lacking a bit of quality in midfield, with Fellaini, who isn't really a centre mid & 40 year old Ryan Giggs there.."

Nearly spat my coffee out.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Breks » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:43 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Alan Smith last night on the Sky highlights programme: "... they are lacking a bit of quality in midfield, with Fellaini, who isn't really a centre mid & 40 year old Ryan Giggs there.."

Smith is a blue so he will tell the truth about them rag twats.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:44 am

They will win their next 5 in a row and be right back in it when we get to the new year.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:45 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Amazing how being 40 last week made him the best thing since sliced bread, and this week its a handicap. Personally I hope they play Giggs against us in central midfield but I doubt it.

Still, they've got Januzaj - the kid who's apparently won football and is a shoe in for Sports Personality of the Year as hes played 5 games now and was MOTM against Sunderland.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum