Manchester City Women FC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Manchester City Women FC

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:07 pm

ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:24 pm

Jamie Pollock eat your heart out!
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:06 pm

Abbie does like to pass backwards but to wellie one from the opposition half does seem a tad negative and suggests that her team mates are not giving her the right pass options.

Misjudged of course by the keeper but I went to that ground last season and it was hard and bobbly with some awful bounces.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby patrickblue » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:12 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Abbie does like to pass backwards but to wellie one from the opposition half does seem a tad negative and suggests that her team mates are not giving her the right pass options.

Misjudged of course by the keeper but I went to that ground last season and it was hard and bobbly with some awful bounces.

All's well that ends well, they showed a lot of bottle coming back from two down to win it.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby patrickblue » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:03 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

Nothing to do with MCFC women, but just as embarrassing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45701600
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Elvistheblue » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:18 pm

What I don't understand, is why the keeper didn't use her hand to push the ball away. As long as she doesn't catch it, it isn't a back pass, and even it would have been deemed a back pass, it would have only resulted in a free kick. Just don't know why she went to head it.
Elvistheblue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Gods own club
My favourite player is: Spannish Dave

Postby nottsblue » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:08 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

Nothing to do with MCFC women, but just as embarrassing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45701600

Saw that this morning. Proper funny
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Plain Speaking » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:11 pm

Elvistheblue wrote:What I don't understand, is why the keeper didn't use her hand to push the ball away. As long as she doesn't catch it, it isn't a back pass, and even it would have been deemed a back pass, it would have only resulted in a free kick. Just don't know why she went to head it.

It's been suggested by referees that she may have been red carded for "denying a goal scoring opportunity" if she used her hands. If it's a back pass, which in truth it was, you can't touch it with your hands, whether you catch it, or parry it away.

Abbie McManus nearly scored a second own goal with a sliced volley towards our net a few minutes later. It took a good save by the goalie to prevent it.

BBC would have had a field day if she had scored two. They are getting giddy with the first.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:25 am

Won 7-1 yesterday. Some decent goals and some awful defending. 3rd in league and unbeaten.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:16 am

london blue 2 wrote:Won 7-1 yesterday. Some decent goals and some awful defending. 3rd in league and unbeaten.

i think women’s football would be a lot better if they had blokes in goal.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:26 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Won 7-1 yesterday. Some decent goals and some awful defending. 3rd in league and unbeaten.

i think women’s football would be a lot better if they had blokes in goal.

That would be a bit of a drag.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:09 pm

Some poor defening I agree but at least we hade the most of the chances we got for a change.Too often we get good chances and mess up. Good that Nadeem isn't starting so ti gives us the best chance.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:56 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Some poor defening I agree but at least we hade the most of the chances we got for a change.Too often we get good chances and mess up. Good that Nadeem isn't starting so ti gives us the best chance.

I liked the header from Paris. Great improvisation.

The goalie that nutmegged herself was a bit silly though.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:09 pm

london blue 2 wrote:

Twas a very clever header by Keets. That last one was just a sign of having given up I think. No way WHU deserved to lose 7.1 but that just the way it can go sometimes.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:28 pm

london blue 2 wrote:

there seems to be a goalkeeping howler in every women’s game i watch (the highlights of).
that ridiculous og the other week, a shocking clearance by the ozzie keeper vs england last week. the lack of consistent quality in the goalkeeping department really lets game down and, sadly, prevents me from taking it seriously
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby sheblue » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:17 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

there seems to be a goalkeeping howler in every women’s game i watch (the highlights of).
that ridiculous og the other week, a shocking clearance by the ozzie keeper vs england last week. the lack of consistent quality in the goalkeeping department really lets game down and, sadly, prevents me from taking it seriously

I dont watch ladies football at all, it will eternally be compared to the men's game, and that's its main problem.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:55 pm

sheblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

I dont watch ladies football at all, it will eternally be compared to the men's game, and that's its main problem.

I suppose it does get compared to men's football but that's just plain crazy and mostly done by men who just like to have a moan and be negative. It's really developing and the skill levels improving all the time but it's still got a long long way to go.

Goalkeeping is probably the position with the most improvement to make. It's not just the mistakes you see and lets be fair if you watch enough men's football you see plenty of mistakes there as well. But so far I haven't seen what I would call a great keeper. I have seen many a great save and good performances but still I am waiting to see a big commanding goalkeeper who dominates the area as well as making top class saves on a regular basis.

I am sure it will come
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:12 pm

sheblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

Id prefer to watch ping pong for 10 hrs straight than watch 5 mins of women's football....in fact , this thread should be in off topic , if it wasn't for the ladder climber then it wouldn't get bumped up at all.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:35 pm

Just so happy you take time to read the thread Carl. :lol:
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:28 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Just so happy you take time to read the thread Carl. :lol:

To be fair , I only ever read the latest comments on this shit thread when I’m actually having a shit - if the truth be known.

And you will now be pleased as my comment has bumped your topic back up the page .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum