Manchester City Women FC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Manchester City Women FC

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:03 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:won 5-3 after been up 4-0 b4 H/T

Nick Cushing will no doubt be pleased to get through, very pleased with some of the finishing but maybe appalled at some of the defending. Even first half where we cruised to 4 up they could have scored a couple and if they had scored first who knows....

Play the same against Lyon or Barca and we will get battered.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:29 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:won 5-3 after been up 4-0 b4 H/T

Against whom....?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby harveytravis » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:40 pm

Linkopings
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:01 pm

harveytravis wrote:Linkopings

so now in semi's? When do we know who were playing?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:22 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

Lyon
Wolfsburg
Chelsea

They are the other semi finalists
Lyon are the ones to beat, they will be favourites
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:22 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Lyon
Wolfsburg
Chelsea

We play Lyon, the draw had already been made. And yes they are very much the favourites even though we managed to beat them 1 nil away last time we were well beaten at home.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:26 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Lyon
Wolfsburg
Chelsea

We play Lyon, the draw had already been made. And yes they are very much the favourites even though we managed to beat them 1 nil away last time we were well beaten at home.

Cheers Lucy, out in the SFs again
https://shekicks.net/2018/04/29/uwcl-lu ... nto-final/
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby patrickblue » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:20 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Lyon
Wolfsburg
Chelsea

Cheers Lucy, out in the SFs again
https://shekicks.net/2018/04/29/uwcl-lu ... nto-final/

I reckon if there was one player we should have done whatever it took to keep at the club, it was Lucy Bronze.
She was head and shoulders above the rest of our team, and for what I've seen of her playing for Lyon, head and shoulders above the rest of their team too.
Knew she would come back to haunt us.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:18 pm

No doubt Lucy was City's best player and arguably the best player in the WSL. I am sure we did everything we could to
keep Lucy but she was apparently set on leaving and there isn't a great deal a club can do.

I don't know how much they get paid In England but I think there is a cap on the wages you can offer. The girls i think get more from other things. I do wonder if it's a bit different around Europe as that might be why we have lost two to top European teams or maybe it is as simple as wantingthe challenge and the expectation of winning the major trophies.

From what I saw of the 2 games against Lyon they are a level above us and we did well to only lose 1 goal. City will probably recruit again but the technical quality of what we have just doesn't quite seem good enough in Europe.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:04 pm

Izzy Christiansen has signed with Lyon.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:19 am

Bit of a disappointment - it points to us having good scouts though, so small mercies and all that - let's hope we sign the next 'Bronze' and 'Christiansen' soon.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:42 pm

City's Lauren Hemp with a crazy goal at the U20 World Cup :lol:

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:49 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:City's Lauren Hemp with a crazy goal at the U20 World Cup :lol:

The proverbial dont care if it goes in off my arse
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:46 pm

nottsblue wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:City's Lauren Hemp with a crazy goal at the U20 World Cup :lol:

The proverbial dont care if it goes in off my arse

did she fart?
out of both holes...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:37 pm

Looks like the ladies are crashing out of the CL at the first hurdle. 3-1 down to Atletico Madrid on aggregate, with about 15 mins of the second leg to go.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:11 pm

Seems like the girls have dropped in priority. Many good players moving on and suddenly we've gone from competing on all fronts to struggling to pick up points. Odd.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:53 pm

Beaten today by the better side. Although we might have come close to scoring about 6 times and they didn't work our keeper very much I think overall they deserved to go through. We hit the bar twice, 2 great saves from their keeper, goal disallowed because someone was stood offside and deemed to be interfering!
The problem City have it seems to me is that we don't have a real center forward. Either as a target or just a goalscorer. I reckon Nick Cushing would have hoped that player was Nadia Nadeem but she is just plain awful. We got rid of (I assume she didn't want to go) Jane Ross who was probably the best we had for the role. She wasnt perfect but not bad at all.

Tis a bit weird that we lost 3 players. Toni Duggan was feeling a bit pushed out as she wasnt getting picked very often in her last season. I wasnt surprised at that but she obviously was and went. Not sure re Lucy Bronze. Best player around but maybe we had no chance of keeping her once Lyon came calling.

Izzie I think was like Toni. Not always selected so got out. LIke Toni she will have been miffed by lack of selection but to be honest I didnt think she was that special. But she did work very hard and score a few. I actually think in Caroline Weir and Tessa Wulleart we have better players.

We have a good team and squad but lack a special talent to create or score goals when needed. And we know how to self destruct with last Sunday being a prime example against Bristol City. They were an appalling team and we gifted them 2 goals.They have to be seen to be believed they were that bad. After a lot of huffing and puffing we got a late late draw.

No doubt at all Cushing has a job on to make something of the season. Win nothing and he could be gone!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Burt » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:40 am

Cushing is a rag bastard anyway!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Outcast » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:43 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Beaten today by the better side. Although we might have come close to scoring about 6 times and they didn't work our keeper very much I think overall they deserved to go through. We hit the bar twice, 2 great saves from their keeper, goal disallowed because someone was stood offside and deemed to be interfering!
The problem City have it seems to me is that we don't have a real center forward. Either as a target or just a goalscorer. I reckon Nick Cushing would have hoped that player was Nadia Nadeem but she is just plain awful. We got rid of (I assume she didn't want to go) Jane Ross who was probably the best we had for the role. She wasnt perfect but not bad at all.

Tis a bit weird that we lost 3 players. Toni Duggan was feeling a bit pushed out as she wasnt getting picked very often in her last season. I wasnt surprised at that but she obviously was and went. Not sure re Lucy Bronze. Best player around but maybe we had no chance of keeping her once Lyon came calling.

Izzie I think was like Toni. Not always selected so got out. LIke Toni she will have been miffed by lack of selection but to be honest I didnt think she was that special. But she did work very hard and score a few. I actually think in Caroline Weir and Tessa Wulleart we have better players.

We have a good team and squad but lack a special talent to create or score goals when needed. And we know how to self destruct with last Sunday being a prime example against Bristol City. They were an appalling team and we gifted them 2 goals.They have to be seen to be believed they were that bad. After a lot of huffing and puffing we got a late late draw.

No doubt at all Cushing has a job on to make something of the season. Win nothing and he could be gone!

I dont know the ins and outs, I have a feeling Cushing isn't good enough to take us to the next stage?
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:47 am

Outcast wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Beaten today by the better side. Although we might have come close to scoring about 6 times and they didn't work our keeper very much I think overall they deserved to go through. We hit the bar twice, 2 great saves from their keeper, goal disallowed because someone was stood offside and deemed to be interfering!

I dont know the ins and outs, I have a feeling Cushing isn't good enough to take us to the next stage?

I think you might be right.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum