Manchester City Women FC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Manchester City Women FC

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:08 am

Just to update on Man City Ladies and our forth coming adventure into the WSL. For those of you that are not aware I made the squad after putting my self through 6 months of hard work including me completing the Insanity programme on top of training with the club.

It’s probably my proudest achievement to date making this squad given the fact that I had retired from the game 18 months ago and was completely out of shape and touch with football. At the end of last season I made a promise to myself to give it one last go. I probably have never been so fit as I am now.

On top of all my training and been put through extensive testing with the club who are putting everything into making this work. I have been playing for over 25 years and can safely say that I am of the old school variety, turn up play and go home. Times have moved on though and I have in the last few months been introduced to the science side of football. I have done all form’s of testing for speed and agility and which we repeat every few weeks to see how we improve. Was really proud when I was told that I had made the 2nd best improvements out of the squad.

I have been given a programme that I have to work on three times a week which co insides with cardio training and yoga. This is all done on your own which takes a lot of motivation. At the present we have had about 4 weeks off over Christmas and it can be hard at times to go and work out while friends and family are enjoying all the trappings of Christmas. I am relived to be back in on Tuesday for some training with the girls.

From the 20th I will be going full time which will mean training 5 times a week. This is a huge commitment for the girls like me who all hold down full time employment. I am one of the luckier players that work flexi and have employers that are understanding of my situation.

I am under no illusions that the next 10 months is going to be all about hard work and sacrifice. Me playing at this level with affect my personal like and also my social calendar, but its well worth it if I get to play for Man City at elite level. This is all I have ever wanted to do in my football career. There is no one at the club more proud than me.

The level of commitment from City is amazing and once everyone is aware of the commitments City are making im sure all the doubters and snipers will stand back and applaud.

I hope that for those of you with young children in particular daughters that like football will come down to games to cheer us on. I know that the women’s game is not at the level of the men’s but I feel it’s a better environment for young children to able to watch football in. For those interested the season gets underway in April 2014.

As for my future at 36 going on 37 this will more than likely by my swansong, one last season as a full time player. I’m sure of my friends on here who have advocated me going into coaching will be pleased to hear that City are putting on some courses. Im hoping that next season I will be an understudy goalkeeper coach learning my trade….

Andie #21
Last edited by Sister of fu on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Re: Manchester City Ladies 2013/214

Postby gmercer1 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:14 am

Big congratualtions and good luck.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:14 am

Fanfuckingtastic and well done Andie, that is an amazing achievement and shows how driven, passionate and professional you are. I will be coming down to a few games, are they going to play some of them before home games? Will you be based in the athletics arena?

Glad you are going into coaching too, I might call on you to come on kick 7 bells out of my big headed 17 yr old knobheads who think they know it all :-)

Congratulations #21 Merlin or Girlin
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Alex Sapphire » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:16 am

enjoy the ride Sis.
You should be (obviously are) very proud of yourself.
Starting ins April, does that mean we can watch one form of City 12 months of the year?
I'm up for that.
Well done and good luck both with this season, and the step into coaching.

edit: and Thanks for taking the time to share the adventure
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:18 am

Wonderwall wrote:Fanfuckingtastic and well done Andie, that is an amazing achievement and shows how driven, passionate and professional you are. I will be coming down to a few games, are they going to play some of them before home games? Will you be based in the athletics arena?

Glad you are going into coaching too, I might call on you to come on kick 7 bells out of my big headed 17 yr old knobheads who think they know it all :-)

We wil remain at the athletics arena for this season. We should then move into the Mini Etihad once its complete.

Not sure about the timings of games as of yet. We played a few before City games last year but no sure if were going to contiune this way.
Sister of fu

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:21 am

Congrats - sounds great for and by CITY and also fantastic what you have achieved personally!!

There are still loads of muppets out there that think that the CITY Project is just a short-term plaything for the Sheik!!
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Herb » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:31 am

Well done for the effort made and congratulations on the success achieved - I'm delighted by the clubs push to take footie of all genders to the next level and I'm hoping that they can align the home games to encourage attendance at both on match days.
Very much looking forwards to it and good luck between the sticks!
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Chinners » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:31 am

Nice one Fuey, I think its fantastic that players of our club post on here with stuff like this. A+
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:31 am

Sister of fu wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Fanfuckingtastic and well done Andie, that is an amazing achievement and shows how driven, passionate and professional you are. I will be coming down to a few games, are they going to play some of them before home games? Will you be based in the athletics arena?

We wil remain at the athletics arena for this season. We should then move into the Mini Etihad once its complete.

Not sure about the timings of games as of yet. We played a few before City games last year but no sure if were going to contiune this way.

Cheers Andie, let us know the Fixtures when you get them and I am sure you will get some good support from the forum.

We might even think of a song or two :-)
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby gillie » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:33 am

Congratulations Andie I am well pleased for you as you are one top person.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:34 am

Chinners wrote:Nice one Fuey, I think its fantastic that players of our club post on here with stuff like this. A+

I think I am the only City supporting, season ticket holder currently playing for the club, who said we have no local talent ;-)
Sister of fu

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:35 am

Well in Sis!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:40 am

Unsurprising really. Well done. You're going to be a helluva football coach one day once you hang em up...but first things first.

Cheers
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:49 am

DoomMerchant wrote:Unsurprising really. Well done. You're going to be a helluva football coach one day once you hang em up...but first things first.

Cheers

You going to come over for a game Mr Glory Hunter??
Sister of fu

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:50 am

Congratulations, and an informative and insightful write up too.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:16 am

Well done! Fantastic.

Respect for your dedication & hard work.

You mentioned the sceince etc going up a level; do you know if the women's team will also be subject to the Txiki/Vieira style football formula which supposedly runs through all the mens' teams, or will the coaches be doing their own thing independantly ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby littlebig » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:44 am

Well done Sis! thanks for sharing.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:45 am

Ahem.....That season ticket is gathering dust.

Get to a game.

As you know were all really proud of you even with the constant insanity bollocks all the time but i know the reasons you became such a gimp about it we love you Andie and think your top notch.

Now if you could get us some pics of T Duggan post shower we'll be golden.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby patrickblue » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:01 pm

Brilliant stuff. I think we're all proud to know you (even from afar).
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:03 pm

Great post Andie and massive congratulations. I feel very proud of you and for you and will definitely be coming to games whenever I can.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum