Manchester City Women FC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Manchester City Women FC

Postby john@staustell » Sat May 13, 2017 6:47 pm

Well done girls
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby stevefromdonny » Sat May 13, 2017 6:51 pm

a big well done to the girls,
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby budfox » Sat May 13, 2017 6:53 pm

Congratulations.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Dameerto » Sat May 13, 2017 7:34 pm

Great win, was proud of them.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby johnny crossan » Sat May 13, 2017 8:12 pm

nottsblue wrote:Another pot on the sideboard then. You can never have too many of those

Quite right, you can always buy a bigger sideboard :D
Marvellous stuff.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby CTID Hants » Sat May 13, 2017 9:20 pm

Well done MCFCL(?)

I didn't get chance as I went for a few beers with best mate who got back from 2 week business trip to SA.

Quite amazing how the ladies are dominating given the club only really started sharing the resources, what 3yrs back?

Women's chump league semi finalists first time of asking, FA Cup winners etc etc

If UEFA/PGMOB/FA hadn't put so many obstacles in front the first team, could we have been more successful than we have so far.

Don't get me wrong I am (A) not detracting from the ladies acheivments (B) denigrating what the first team have achieved so since the takeover what so ever (never in my life time did I think we'd be sitting on the rags and playing at the top table of Europe)

That said and done in my mind it comes down to the fact the general lack of money in the female game that has allowed ickle old City ladies to progress so quickly with little opposition (that I know of)

Bottom line is it proves to me how bent the men's top tier proffesional game has become.

Pissed rant over and once again another fantastic win for the ladies, I hope they get bragging rights at the next disco at the clubs social club
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby foreverblue » Sat May 13, 2017 9:25 pm

Slightly surreal experience. No invective a lot less partisanship. I know is that as kids go free you won't necessarily get pure football fans attending BUT the Mexican wave did piss me off. The women were playing their hearts out in the final and a stupid wave was going round. It wasn't even boring!
I've just been responding to a knob on Guardian website who is really dissing the game and the empty seats as if the relatively brand new professionalism in a niche women's sort should produce the same strength, quality and messianic fervour as the men's game. Fucking deluded. All I know is that when City scored I still jumped out of my seat and cheered. And Jill Scott's goal for number 4 was a cracker into the top corner.
foreverblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Dameerto » Sun May 14, 2017 1:52 am

foreverblue wrote:Slightly surreal experience. No invective a lot less partisanship. I know is that as kids go free you won't necessarily get pure football fans attending BUT the Mexican wave did piss me off. The women were playing their hearts out in the final and a stupid wave was going round. It wasn't even boring!
I've just been responding to a knob on Guardian website who is really dissing the game and the empty seats as if the relatively brand new professionalism in a niche women's sort should produce the same strength, quality and messianic fervour as the men's game. Fucking deluded. All I know is that when City scored I still jumped out of my seat and cheered. And Jill Scott's goal for number 4 was a cracker into the top corner.

He's a dick - at the moment it's probably comparable to the men's FA Trophy (the non-league FA cup) which has been played at Wembley for the past 8 seasons or so and which seems to pull in between 20-50k. (The non-league teams tend to have similar attendances for home games to the top tier of the women's game). I haven't been able to find out the attendance for Sunday's women's FA final but last season was a competition record at just under 33k, and this season a week before the final they'd already sold almost 35k tickets, so it's growing.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 14, 2017 5:59 am

Dameerto wrote:
foreverblue wrote:Slightly surreal experience. No invective a lot less partisanship. I know is that as kids go free you won't necessarily get pure football fans attending BUT the Mexican wave did piss me off. The women were playing their hearts out in the final and a stupid wave was going round. It wasn't even boring!

He's a dick - at the moment it's probably comparable to the men's FA Trophy (the non-league FA cup) which has been played at Wembley for the past 8 seasons or so and which seems to pull in between 20-50k. (The non-league teams tend to have similar attendances for home games to the top tier of the women's game). I haven't been able to find out the attendance for Sunday's women's FA final but last season was a competition record at just under 33k, and this season a week before the final they'd already sold almost 35k tickets, so it's growing.

Attendance was 35271. A new record
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby patrickblue » Sun May 14, 2017 10:40 am

I think they've been brilliant, and TBH have somewhat restored my love of football, which has become a bit jaded over the last few seasons.

I even got my old enthusiasm back for watching England, when the women were in the WC.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby dazby » Sun May 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Yaaaaaay!
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby BookJunior » Sun May 14, 2017 1:13 pm

Awesome Andie! Our great club is finally going places after years in the wilderness and the womens' team is at the heart of it.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby CTID Hants » Sun May 21, 2017 4:02 pm

A day for bagging five goals..

5-1 win over yeovil, although Lloyd got sent off in the 90th minute
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Sister of fu » Sun May 21, 2017 7:48 pm

Just seen the Lloyd elbow and its filthy. She should get a very long ban but due to her status im not sure the FA will have the balls to throw the book at her.

Chatting to a lad who reports on the women and he said there was no nasty stuff in the game and it was just out of the blue. Very strange behaviour from someone who should know better.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon May 22, 2017 11:24 am

Sister of fu wrote:Just seen the Lloyd elbow and its filthy. She should get a very long ban but due to her status im not sure the FA will have the balls to throw the book at her.

Chatting to a lad who reports on the women and he said there was no nasty stuff in the game and it was just out of the blue. Very strange behaviour from someone who should know better.

Definitely should know better and although it was borne out of pure frsutration at being held it did seem deliberate and worthy of a red card.
Not a big deal imo as she hasn't set the world alight as a player. Don't get me wrong she is very very good and better than the attacking players we have and I have no doubt she has helped some of the others along the way but she hasn't really set the world on fire with her performances. Good but not spectacular.

Now back to playing with the squad we had and let's see how we cope in the next 2 big games which are against Chelsea and Arsenal. I think we need to win both to win the spring series.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon May 22, 2017 8:32 pm

I've just seen the incident on tv. It was pretty bad and really dangerous. I'm not sure her spell here has worked out that well.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby london blue 2 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:48 pm

:shock:
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Mon May 22, 2017 8:58 pm

:') was hardly an elbow ffs! More of an upper arm push in the face.

Red card, but fuck me I've seen worse.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon May 22, 2017 9:44 pm

Mase wrote::') was hardly an elbow ffs! More of an upper arm push in the face.

Fellaini or...Fellaini or....Fellaini
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon May 22, 2017 10:38 pm

Mase wrote::') was hardly an elbow ffs! More of an upper arm push in the face.

I must admit Mase, having seen it, I felt a little bit of sympathy for her, especially with that octopus wrapping its tentacles around her waist.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum