Manchester City Women FC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Manchester City Women FC 2013/2014

Postby dazby » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:31 pm

Top stuff Andrea!!
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:16 am

The team spirit looks excellent out there miss piggy!!!

Got to say that you do a terrible impression of a pig :-)

And Steph Houghton takes a pretty impressive free kick!

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/City%20Women ... 0diary%202
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:53 am

Wonderwall wrote:The team spirit looks excellent out there miss piggy!!!

Got to say that you do a terrible impression of a pig :-)

And Steph Houghton takes a pretty impressive free kick!

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/City%20Women ... 0diary%202

Excellent that City are following them at the training camp and giving updates on the OS and still over 2 months till the season starts.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mr fu » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:50 pm

Dad will be very disappointed with your pig impersonation when I show him on Friday!
BOON ARMY!
mr fu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.
My favourite player is: MIA

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:44 pm

mr fu wrote:Dad will be very disappointed with your pig impersonation when I show him on Friday!

I would have nailed the T-Rex....
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:13 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
mr fu wrote:Dad will be very disappointed with your pig impersonation when I show him on Friday!

I would have nailed the T-Rex....

La Manga can have some mighty Electrical storms I suggest you play sweeper keeper if one hits. Also as Barca away is SOLD OUT I assume my 2 are on the way...
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:48 pm

Our first game is away to Liverpool on April 17th which is my birthday. It's live on BT sport. Exciting times ahead. Would be great to beat the Dippers on my birthday.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby mcfc1632 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:14 pm

I have checked but there does not seem to be a betting market on the Women's league - would love to have a big early bet as it seems that the preparations are excellent and the team billing very impressive
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:49 am

I'm home and have slept in my own bed....thank god.

A good few days with a little bit of sunshine and a much improved team sprit. Glad to be home though as I do love my home comforts and being with my little family. Met some lovely City people who really looked after us. Done a couple of interviews so hoping they are on the city site soon.
Sister of fu

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:55 am

Sister of fu wrote:I'm home and have slept in my own bed....thank god.

A good few days with a little bit of sunshine and a much improved team sprit. Glad to be home though as I do love my home comforts and being with my little family. Met some lovely City people who really looked after us. Done a couple of interviews so hoping they are on the city site soon.

Saw the Valentine one last night although sound wasn't perfect.Training outside again Friday I assume at same place?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:45 pm

Yeah Doug at the same venue.
Sister of fu

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:03 pm

City Women goalkeeper Andie Worrall has been a die-hard Blue since the age of twelve. Having experienced the many ups and downs the club has been through over the years, she shares her story with us...

As a City fan, to be able to play for the club is a dream come true - especially at the top level. I first joined City in 2001 but I still get the same feeling that I did when I was a teenager, pulling on the shirt. It's just amazing and I can't wait for the new season to start.

My first game was 1989. A week after the 5-1 derby, my dad decided to take me to Maine Road. We won 3-1 and if I remember rightly, David Oldfield scored.

I remember being in ‘windy corner’ at the Platt Lane End with my dad, my uncle, my brother and my grandad – who sadly is no longer with us. It was a real family day out and every time we scored, my dad lifted me up onto his shoulders.

Before the game, my brother had told me to look out for Paul Lake – or as he called him: 'the one with the flowing hair'. He told me all about the week before when Lakey played against United and it didn’t take long for him to become my favourite player. It was so sad what happened with his injury. I was gutted for him.

Where I grew up, it was completely dominated by United fans. In my school in Dukinfield, I was one of a only handful of Blues. I’m sure a lot of fans can relate! Even the teachers would pick on me.

I used to have an art folder with pictures of City players all over it. Keith Curle was one of them. I got some abuse for that because at the time, United were winning absolutely everything and we won absolutely nothing. The most excitement we had was relegation scraps!

To be honest, I didn’t think that we’d ever win anything in my lifetime. I think we got to a couple of quarter-finals and semi-finals but in Typical City fashion, they always let us down.

Now, it’s a completely different story and here we are, fighting for honours! I was there when we ended the drought and won the FA Cup in 2011. That was probably my most emotional day as a City fan. I just cried all day and all my friends were laughing at me before they started crying as well!

The semi-final against United is probably my favourite match. That was amazing and I think that was the day we officially arrived.

Though of course, I can’t ignore the QPR game. I was in Benidorm that weekend and I booked a flight back to Manchester. The week before, I’d given my brother my ticket but I ended up taking it back off him, getting a flight out of Benidorm after two hours sleep before arriving back in Manchester at 1 o’clock.

I raced to the game and endured the most torrid time. I fell into the seat when we went 2-1 down but I told my friend that I wasn’t going to leave the stadium. I couldn’t bring myself to stand up until Edin Dzeko scored and my friend told me I had to. And of course, the rest is history. I don’t remember much from after the game to be honest!

Over the last few months of that season, I almost ended my relationship over football! During the run-in to the end, we lost to Arsenal and I was in a pub full of Reds. My partner’s a Red and it got a bit heated. I stormed off in a taxi like a spoilt child and I thought that was it – the title was gone.

And then I went on holiday to Tenerife and United drew 4-4 with Everton. Suddenly, it was back on. I was absolutely unbearable to live with for those six weeks. I was a horror and I can feel it sneaking back in now.

God help us if we ever have to play them in the Champions League final!

It’s hard to pick my all-time favourite player. Of course, I loved Lakey but I also liked Ian Bishop and Uwe Rosler is another one. I remember going to watch City at Newcastle and although we were beaten, Rosler scored and his celebration was just amazing. Shirt off – the lot!

I loved Tony Coton too – he was an absolute nutter and my goalkeeping hero! I remember he was sent-off once for lobbing his gloves onto the referee’s head. He completely lost the plot and then Niall Quinn had to go in net and ended up saving a penalty. I used to love Coton so I was gutted when he went to United.

Who can forget Shaun Goater either and more recently, Nigel de Jong? I was heartbroken when he left. I think even my partner noticed how upset I was. It was like someone had died!

My current favourite would have to be Pablo Zabaleta. He’s blue through and through and he really will fight for every ball.

This year, above anything, I really want us to win the league. Everything else is a bonus, for me. Of course, we’ve got the Capital One Cup in a few weeks so we’ll see how that pans out and go from there.

Here's hoping for another great season...
Sister of fu

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:07 pm

Sister of fu wrote:City Women goalkeeper Andie Worrall has been a die-hard Blue since the age of twelve. Having experienced the many ups and downs the club has been through over the years, she shares her story with us...

As a City fan, to be able to play for the club is a dream come true - especially at the top level. I first joined City in 2001 but I still get the same feeling that I did when I was a teenager, pulling on the shirt. It's just amazing and I can't wait for the new season to start.

My first game was 1989. A week after the 5-1 derby, my dad decided to take me to Maine Road. We won 3-1 and if I remember rightly, David Oldfield scored.

I remember being in ‘windy corner’ at the Platt Lane End with my dad, my uncle, my brother and my grandad – who sadly is no longer with us. It was a real family day out and every time we scored, my dad lifted me up onto his shoulders.

Before the game, my brother had told me to look out for Paul Lake – or as he called him: 'the one with the flowing hair'. He told me all about the week before when Lakey played against United and it didn’t take long for him to become my favourite player. It was so sad what happened with his injury. I was gutted for him.

Where I grew up, it was completely dominated by United fans. In my school in Dukinfield, I was one of a only handful of Blues. I’m sure a lot of fans can relate! Even the teachers would pick on me.

I used to have an art folder with pictures of City players all over it. Keith Curle was one of them. I got some abuse for that because at the time, United were winning absolutely everything and we won absolutely nothing. The most excitement we had was relegation scraps!

To be honest, I didn’t think that we’d ever win anything in my lifetime. I think we got to a couple of quarter-finals and semi-finals but in Typical City fashion, they always let us down.

Now, it’s a completely different story and here we are, fighting for honours! I was there when we ended the drought and won the FA Cup in 2011. That was probably my most emotional day as a City fan. I just cried all day and all my friends were laughing at me before they started crying as well!

The semi-final against United is probably my favourite match. That was amazing and I think that was the day we officially arrived.

Though of course, I can’t ignore the QPR game. I was in Benidorm that weekend and I booked a flight back to Manchester. The week before, I’d given my brother my ticket but I ended up taking it back off him, getting a flight out of Benidorm after two hours sleep before arriving back in Manchester at 1 o’clock.

I raced to the game and endured the most torrid time. I fell into the seat when we went 2-1 down but I told my friend that I wasn’t going to leave the stadium. I couldn’t bring myself to stand up until Edin Dzeko scored and my friend told me I had to. And of course, the rest is history. I don’t remember much from after the game to be honest!

Over the last few months of that season, I almost ended my relationship over football! During the run-in to the end, we lost to Arsenal and I was in a pub full of Reds. My partner’s a Red and it got a bit heated. I stormed off in a taxi like a spoilt child and I thought that was it – the title was gone.

And then I went on holiday to Tenerife and United drew 4-4 with Everton. Suddenly, it was back on. I was absolutely unbearable to live with for those six weeks. I was a horror and I can feel it sneaking back in now.

God help us if we ever have to play them in the Champions League final!

It’s hard to pick my all-time favourite player. Of course, I loved Lakey but I also liked Ian Bishop and Uwe Rosler is another one. I remember going to watch City at Newcastle and although we were beaten, Rosler scored and his celebration was just amazing. Shirt off – the lot!

I loved Tony Coton too – he was an absolute nutter and my goalkeeping hero! I remember he was sent-off once for lobbing his gloves onto the referee’s head. He completely lost the plot and then Niall Quinn had to go in net and ended up saving a penalty. I used to love Coton so I was gutted when he went to United.

Who can forget Shaun Goater either and more recently, Nigel de Jong? I was heartbroken when he left. I think even my partner noticed how upset I was. It was like someone had died!

My current favourite would have to be Pablo Zabaleta. He’s blue through and through and he really will fight for every ball.

This year, above anything, I really want us to win the league. Everything else is a bonus, for me. Of course, we’ve got the Capital One Cup in a few weeks so we’ll see how that pans out and go from there.

Here's hoping for another great season...

Nice write up Andie. Is that being published?
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:09 pm

Just noticed that on the OS, sweet!

but go on, who were the ones crying? Lovekin? Lahad? ;)

nice blog andie
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:13 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:Just noticed that on the OS, sweet!

but go on, who were the ones crying? Lovekin? Lahad? ;)

nice blog andie

I wasn't with them at the cup final, it was my mate Laura and her Dad Wally.

Lee didn't even cry when we beat QPR. Nails that lad.
Sister of fu

Postby Dameerto » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:19 pm

Thanks for sharing that.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:04 pm

[tweet]436530597213659136[/tweet]
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Bleed_Blue » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:13 am

You are closest city player to fans
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:46 am

Bleed_Blue wrote:Image

You are closest city player to fans

Love it, thanks.
Sister of fu

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:51 am

OS interview was great.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum