Manchester City Women FC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Manchester City Women FC

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:30 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Beat arse ladies 1-0 to reach the final of the cup. Good going from the girls.

....and the final is at the CFA too so great news!

That is good news. Hopefully a sell out....do we know the date yet? We must be favourites to win that.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:45 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Beat arse ladies 1-0 to reach the final of the cup. Good going from the girls.

That is good news. Hopefully a sell out....do we know the date yet? We must be favourites to win that.

Sunday October 2nd
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:46 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

October 2nd
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:32 pm

nottsblue wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

October 2nd

I am not sure the time is set yet but 2/10 is the day City play away at Spurs. Not great timing especially if the games are going ahead at the same time.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:40 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

Tough game today and not just because Arsenal are a very good professional outfir but also massively following the death of Zoe Tynan which has hit the girls hard. I think one of the team posted that it was tough just to go out and play never mind have the quality and strength to get past Arsenal. You coould see how much it meant when the final whistle blew after 6 minutes of injury time.

We didn't really play well at all but that's often the way semi finals go isn't it. Our attacking players just were not getting it right today. Parris regularly messing up crosses, Duggan snatching at long hopeful shots, Scott's touch deserted her, Christiansen failrly anonymous but with a solid enough defence and keira Reid just in front we didn't have too many scares.

That was till the 2nd half and especially the last 15 after we scored. Then it was a little bit of panic stations as I think we sat back too much but a great result and a great chance of winning the cup against Birmingham.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bobby brows » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:31 pm

Far from City's best today but great sides win regardless. At the full time whistle most of the girls had to leave the field in floods of tears, it was emotional and they've clearly been affected by Zoe's death.

Here's my match report from the game:

http://readwsl.com/2016/09/04/beattie-s ... cup-final/

Arsenal away next week now
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:21 pm

Full inquest on November 1st.
If there happens to be anything the club can learn from this (without me jumping the gun) I hope they do so quickly - we all know from 'Sister of Fu' how rapidly players can fall by the wayside and end up discarded, if someone isn't equipped to cope with that, they need to be identified early and helped through any transition.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby john@staustell » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:38 pm

Live on BT 3 right now, at arsenal. If anyone is bored with Villa Forest
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 pm

john@staustell wrote:Live on BT 3 right now, at arsenal. If anyone is bored with Villa Forest

Winning 1-0 in the final few minutes. Gotta hand it to them, they are on an amazing run.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:54 pm

It's watchable. Years ago women's football was absolutely garbage but now the players are better than some of Stuart Pearce's signings.

Very close to winning the league too. Good old CFG
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:24 pm

john@staustell wrote:It's watchable. Years ago women's football was absolutely garbage but now the players are better than some of Stuart Pearce's signings.

Very close to winning the league too. Good old CFG

I think it's very watchable and has been for a few years now IMO. It's a brilliant run we are on. I thought Chelsea would end up winning it but results like today show we can win the league. Thanks for the BT heads up btw
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby bobby brows » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:19 pm

City far from their best today but they got the result they needed. Avoid defeat in two weeks at home to Chelsea and they are Champions!

My round up for Read WSL.

http://readwsl.com/2016/09/11/wins-city ... and-title/
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby bobby brows » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:44 pm

Well MCWFC saved my weekend. It took extra time but they added the Continental Cup to the trophy cabinet with a 1-0 win over Birmingham.

Lucy Bronze got the winner, not a great game but it's the trophy that matters. Champions League at home on Thursday night
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:04 pm

bobby brows wrote:Well MCWFC saved my weekend. It took extra time but they added the Continental Cup to the trophy cabinet with a 1-0 win over Birmingham.

Lucy Bronze got the winner, not a great game but it's the trophy that matters. Champions League at home on Thursday night

I think the result is all that matters on this one. Definitely a hangover from winning the league last week against a Birmingham side determined to spoil the party and happy if the game went to penalties. Looked like it would too till the amazing Lucy Bronze looped that header in. Comfortable at the back where they all played well , mostly dominant in midfield but going into the final third we just weren't at it.

Too many times a panic ball was tried, our crossing was even worse than Navas and too many passes, including easyones, went astray because the movement was wrong or completely misread.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dameerto » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:17 pm

Fantastic result, sandwiched in between the league-winning game and the start of their Champion's league matches, which might explain why one or two minds were elsewhere at times.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:06 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
bobby brows wrote:Well MCWFC saved my weekend. It took extra time but they added the Continental Cup to the trophy cabinet with a 1-0 win over Birmingham.

I think the result is all that matters on this one. Definitely a hangover from winning the league last week against a Birmingham side determined to spoil the party and happy if the game went to penalties. Looked like it would too till the amazing Lucy Bronze looped that header in. Comfortable at the back where they all played well , mostly dominant in midfield but going into the final third we just weren't at it.

Too many times a panic ball was tried, our crossing was even worse than Navas and too many passes, including easyones, went astray because the movement was wrong or completely misread.

Lucy bronze was magnificent and played the whole game with a smile on her face too. 120 mins at full pelt, she has a great engine
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:25 am

Thanks for that Mr H.

I've never seen the ladies' team play but they have conceded very few goals this season.

I don't know what their style of play is but do they keep it tight at the back and play on the break, or is it more expansive in the Pep way ?? Do we play with three, four or five at the back and do we play it long or use a short passing game, or a mixture of both as circumstances dictate ??

Apologies for so many questions, but can you tell us a little more, as getting a double at any level of football is a fine achievement.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:24 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Thanks for that Mr H.

I've never seen the ladies' team play but they have conceded very few goals this season.

I don't know what their style of play is but do they keep it tight at the back and play on the break, or is it more expansive in the Pep way ?? Do we play with three, four or five at the back and do we play it long or use a short passing game, or a mixture of both as circumstances dictate ??

Apologies for so many questions, but can you tell us a little more, as getting a double at any level of football is a fine achievement.

We play a regular back 4 with 2 very attacking full backs. Demi Stokes on the left has a great engine to get up and down the wing and she is quick so rarely beaten by any winger. Lucy Bronze on the right has an even better engine and is such a powerful player with amazing bursts down the right which put real fear into any opposing team. My player of the year without doubt.

The 2 center backs are rocks. Steph Houghton , City and England captain, is very reliable but I would say even more so is her partner at the moment Jennie Beattie. Tall strong and powerful and actually pretty good with both feet. Behind them we have the England keeper Karen Bardsley who I would say is the best in the league.

So with that back 4 you have a great base to play from. The midfield 4 is more hard working than creative I would say. Keira Walsh at the base is only 19 but plays like a veteran. Reads the game so well and plays very simple albeit posyive passes to get the team moving forward. There is though great energy in the middle with Izzy Christiansen and Jill Scott who never give anything up and really keep the pressure on teams looking to win balls back.

The front 3 usually is Toni Duggan , Jane Ross and Nikita Parris. Although are pretty good and show loads of effort it's here we lack the extra quality needed. Duggan can score some great goals and at crucial times but lacks composure imo. Same goes for Parris who is the fastest we have and causes real problems with her running but crosses like Navas.

The football thay play is largely composed passing football and like Pep they like to have the lions share of the possession which they do most games but it's the final third where the quality isn't quite there. Hence it's usually narrow wins against the better teams but goals come easier against the lesser lights.

If Nick Cushing , the manager can sort out the final third part ( maybe another signing) we should stay at the top and who knows what we might be capable of in Europe
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:44 pm

Excellent analysis Mr H and very informative.

Thanks for that and for taking the time to do a post which is so detailed.

Regards to you.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Justified logic » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:28 pm

I'd also add my thanks Mr H. Most informative.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum