Manchester City Women FC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Manchester City Women FC

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:25 pm

Money is what it's about. There is no cap in France so LB can earn some decent money. The money isn't great unless you are a top player in the UK.

Also Lyon are miles ahead of City and LB wants to win the lot. The only medal missing is the champions league one. She's won everything in England.

City are someway off Lyon. I had a chat with Izzy and she was saying how amazing they were when City played them.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:32 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Money is what it's about. There is no cap in France so LB can earn some decent money. The money isn't great unless you are a top player in the UK.

Also Lyon are miles ahead of City and LB wants to win the lot. The only medal missing is the champions league one. She's won everything in England.

City are someway off Lyon. I had a chat with Izzy and she was saying how amazing they were when City played them.

Put us the sword in CL semi's didn't they?

The Women's team doing great but like men's team 5yrs back, European power houses are going to turn the heads of our big players, as long as City continue to invest in the women's team, they'll catch up sooner rather than later imo
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:26 pm

England right-back Lucy Bronze says she left Manchester City for Lyon to improve her technical skills and try to win the Women's Champions League.

Bronze, 25, signed a three-year deal with the French champions on 18 August.

"Any player in Europe, female or male, would say the Champions League is the goal," she told BBC Radio 5 live.

"I've come here wanting to win the champions league. At the age I'm at, and with the injuries that I have, I can't take my time for granted."

The former Liverpool Ladies player added: "I've got to seize any opportunity that I have to play at the highest level. For me, Lyon is playing at the highest level."

Lyon, who saw Germany forward Pauline Bremer move in the other direction as part of Bronze's deal, won their second consecutive European title in Cardiff in June and have lifted 11 domestic league titles in a row.

City - winners of the English Women's Super League in 2016 - reached their first-ever Champions League semi-final in 2016-17, losing 3-2 to Lyon on aggregate.

"It's not to put City down, because City are an unbelievable team," added Bronze. "They are going to develop and grow to hopefully be similar to Lyon.

"It took me a week or so to really think about what I wanted. I was kind of divided, whether to stay and continue to grow the club and maybe become a team level with Lyon, or whether to go to Lyon now and really push myself.

"But I thought about when City played Lyon, and how much of a challenge it was to mark some of these players who are consistently named among the world's best.

"I just want to be around that every single day, and push myself to be on a level with the likes of (France captain) Wendie Renard and (Germany's) Dzsenifer Marozsan.

"My game needs to improve. My technical ability probably needs the most work, and the French are known for being one of the best technical teams in the world. Trying to emulate the things they do is going to push me on."

Bronze not ruling out a WSL return in future

The former Sunderland and Everton full-back, who turned down the offer of a new deal at City which would have made her the highest earner in Nick Cushing's side, is not ruling out a return to English club football in future.

"I would never say never to coming back to England, but at the same time I would never say never to staying in Lyon or going to Spain or Germany," she said.

"I want to have won the Champions League at least once, and improve as a player. I've not quite hit my peak yet.

"The next two years especially are huge because the 2019 World Cup is in France. In the back of my mind, I'm preparing for that.

"Hopefully, if England make the World Cup final, it'll be in a place that's very familiar."

Lyon's Parc Olympique Lyonnais is set to host the final of the World Cup.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41029334
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Chinners » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:09 pm

Goals running through the whole club it seems - great start ladies A+

SUN, 24 Sept 2017Women's Super League 1

Yeovil Town Ladies 0 V Manchester City Women 4

Manchester City began their Women's Super League One campaign with a confident win away at Yeovil Town.
The Women's FA Cup holders and 2016 WSL champions dominated possession and led through Izzy Christiansen's early penalty, after her England teammate Nikita Parris was brought down.
Scotland striker Jane Ross' neat flick gave City a 2-0 half-time lead and Jill Scott curled in after the break.
Substitute Georgia Stanway slotted in a late fourth for the visitors.
Yeovil, who were promoted to the top flight as WSL 2 champions in 2016, played with an improved defensive shape and discipline compared to their winless campaign in the transitional Spring Series.
England Under-23 goalkeeper Megan Walsh prevented City from adding to their score, denying Parris twice and palming wide a fierce Claire Emslie strike.
Nick Cushing's all-British starting XI could have scored more, but Ross flicked two headers narrowly off target and Lionesses skipper Steph Houghton drilled just wide early on, before another Ross header clipped the top of the crossbar in stoppage time.

Yeovil's Jessie Jones:
"It's disappointing to lose 4-0 but we put in a performance as a team and we will look to learn from this game.
"It was hard work but we've put what we learned in the Spring Series into practise.
"Growing up when I was young she (Jill Scott) was and still is my role model and it's a great experience to be able to play against her and it's a fantastic opportunity."

Manchester City's Claire Emslie
"I'm delighted to play a part in a win in my first competitive start.
"I'm taking in everything he (manager Nick Cushing) says and he's teaching me things I've never learned before, which is good and I enjoy playing under him.
"I just want to playing well, getting on the pitch and doing my best for the team and whether I'm cutting in from the left or cutting in on my right I'm enjoying both roles.
"In the build up to Jane Ross' goal I thought I would just try and get to the by-line if I was quicker enough to get there and it was a great finish by Jane when he turned it home.
"I was delighted that we as a team were able to get a goal from that and I was also delighted to play a part in the fourth as well."
"In the build up to Jane Ross' goal I thought I would just try and get to the by-line if I was quicker enough to get there and it was a great finish by Jane when he turned it home.
"I was delighted that we as a team were able to get a goal from that and I was also delighted to play a part in the fourth as well."
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:22 pm

As games go that was a total stroll. I think we could have played without a keeper for the whole match. 4 nil isn't any thing special as it should definitely have been more.

The league is going to be all about matches v Arsenal,Liverpool and especially Chelsea. Arsenal next week.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Chinners » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:10 pm

Women's Champions League
Manchester City Women 3-0 St Polten (6-0 agg)

Nikita Parris scored in both legs of Manchester City's Women's Champions League win over St Polten

Manchester City joined Chelsea in the last 16 of the Women's Champions League by easing to a 6-0 aggregate win over Austrian side St Polten.

Already leading 3-0 from the first leg, City wasted a glorious early chance to extend their lead when Jane Ross had a penalty saved by Jasmin Boisits.

Nikita Parris finally bundled City in front, and Jill Scott fired in from 18 yards just before half-time.

Melissa Lawley drove in a late third to underline City's dominance.

After Women's Super League One rivals Chelsea overcame Bayern Munich on away goals on Wednesday, City's progression means there are two English sides in the last 16 for the first time since 2013-14.

City controlled the second leg from start to finish and England captain Steph Houghton prodded over the bar before Ross was tripped by Boisits as she chased down a misplaced back pass, only to see her spot-kick saved by the keeper.

Boisits then saved well from Izzy Christiansen and Jen Beattie before Parris converted Abbie McManus' cross from close range.

Scott's fine drive removed any suggestion of a dramatic fightback by the Austrian champions, and Lawley wrapped up City's fifth successive win in all competitions this season from Megan Campbell's long throw.

The draw for the last 16 will be held in Nyon, Switzerland, at 12:30 BST on Monday, 16 October.

However, City and Chelsea cannot be drawn against each other at that stage of the competition.

Manchester City Women: Roebuck; McManus, Houghton, Beattie, Stokes (Campbell, 71); Walsh, Scott, Stanway (Lawley, 61); Parris (Emslie, 61), Ross, Christiansen.

Subs not used: Hourihan, Morgan.

St Polten: Boisits; Tabotta, Biroova, Babicky, Wienroither; Prohaska, Eder (Sobotka, 16), Klein (Wronski, 65), Enzinger; Vago, Pinther.

Subs not used: Abiral, El-Dahaibiova, Zagor, Zver.

Referee: Monika Mularczyk (POL)
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:17 pm

City Ladies v Bristol on today at 2pm, as invincible as the mens team at the moment with 9 wins from 9 including the CL Midweek 5-0 thrashing

Enjoy

Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:45 pm

2-0 approaching half-time, Christiansen with a pen after about 8mins and lovely finish from Emslie a few minutes ago. Totally dominating, should be 4-0 up really
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:20 pm

Sweet curler in the top corner from A McManus, 3-0
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:49 pm

J Beattie with a forth at the death ... about a minute left on the clock
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:49 pm

5mins injury time? WTF
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:59 pm

Even better is Chelsea only drawing 2-2
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:02 pm

craigmcfc wrote:Even better is Chelsea only drawing 2-2

Absolutely right. A win for City was really a formality but Chelsea losing points is totally unexpected. Great that Reading's equaliser ( an OG) was in injury time.

City were a bit sloppy at the back today suggesting they had eased off a little but a comfortable win omce the first goal went in.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Justified logic » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:00 pm

Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:33 pm

Our women are on telly at Reading today at 4 o'clock on the BBC red button.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:34 pm

City 1-0 up, Nadia Nadim on her debut!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:44 pm

Bonkers match 3-2 to city now, 4 goals in about 10 minutes
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:14 pm

4-2 Jill Scott with backward header. Forgot how 'cute' Christianson is ....
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:16 pm

5-2 ... Jill Scott again, 2 in 2 minutes mad game
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:40 pm

Despite the 5 goals we have scored this has been unusually scrappy. One or two players still settling in.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum