Manchester City Women FC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Manchester City Ladies 2013/214

Postby bobby brows » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:54 pm

When are the fixtures announced?
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby city72 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:58 pm

Sister of fu wrote:[url="http://s722.photobucket.com/user/wozza1977/media/image_zpsda3e9b47.jpg.html"]"http://s722.photobucket.com/user/wozza1977/media/image_zpsda3e9b47.jpg.html"[/url]

Excuse my ignorance but which other teams are in the premier league, if any proper northern teams I.e. Newcastle/ sunderland are in I will defiantly come and support.
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby Slim » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:04 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Image

Why is Johnston being such a rebel using the other knee?

It's fucking with my OCD.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dronny » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:57 am

Slim wrote:

It is an interesting concept for a team photo mind!
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Slim » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:02 am

Dronny wrote:
Slim wrote:

As they aren't as well known as their male counterparts I think it's so we at least know their names.

Aside from Andrea of course.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ruralblue » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:06 am

Well chuffed for you Andie :-)
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Dronny » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:09 am

Slim wrote:
Dronny wrote:
Slim wrote:

As they aren't as well known as their male counterparts I think it's so we at least know their names.

Aside from Andrea of course.

Lets hope they run backwards then ;-)
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Slim » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:21 am

Dronny wrote:Lets hope they run backwards then ;-)

Yes, because they never took another photo in that session, certainly not one with them all facing the camera, that's too mainstream for these hipsters.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:16 am

Fucking amazing Wozza mate...I can't tell you how chuffed me and Natalie are for you!!!

When does the season start? I'm back in March for the weekend of the Fulham game....I'll have your season ticket if you're not going but you better come and fucking meet up this time!!!!!
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:39 am

That's amazing news for you Andie and obviously for the whole MCWFC. I'm happy for you to be able to be part of this all, it must be so exciting and a dream come true for you.

Will deffo be keeping an eye on things, and if I happen to be in the country when you play at home I'll try to get to a game. All the best, keep us posted
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:08 pm

When i get a moment to myself I will give you an update on my first week as an "elite footballer". It's been different put it that way. :-)
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Re: Manchester City Women FC 2013/2014

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:52 pm

Slim wrote: Why is Johnston being such a rebel using the other knee? It's fucking with my OCD.

The only left footer? Just a thought which sits well with my OCD
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:36 pm

SoF I see you have a section on the Team part on the OS now... I also see it puts up your twitter addy as well, have you been warned about what you put on social media? Not that anything is bad, I am genuinely interested in what the club brief is on all things social media wise?

oh yes and RESPECT for keeping your Sister of fu tag too, when the others have their squad numbers, that is a touch of class right there. I bet the others have asked WTF that is all about!!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:40 pm

Sister of fu wrote:When i get a moment to myself I will give you an update on my first week as an "elite footballer". It's been different put it that way. :-)

i imagine lots of caressing massages to keep each other's spirits up....sudsing each other in the showers....pillow fights...ice cream sundaes...calling boys and hanging up on them...and then of course the inevitable 2 am fingerbanging sessions.

am i close?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:47 pm

Wonderwall wrote:SoF I see you have a section on the Team part on the OS now... I also see it puts up your twitter addy as well, have you been warned about what you put on social media? Not that anything is bad, I am genuinely interested in what the club brief is on all things social media wise?

oh yes and RESPECT for keeping your Sister of fu tag too, when the others have their squad numbers, that is a touch of class right there. I bet the others have asked WTF that is all about!!

Yeah we get briefed about media stuff. I was going to have a separate Twitter acc but my Twitter acc is about City and my connections to City so it stayed.

I am doing an LGBT event next week at the football museum and I will have someone from the club with me. She will ensure that no one asks inappropriate questions etc. I think it’s great that the club are doing this. You do worry about maybe saying something you shouldn’t.

Even on here I need to wary about what I say as it’s on a public forum and can be used against the club. Only sensible posting from now on…..;-)
Sister of fu

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:49 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:SoF I see you have a section on the Team part on the OS now... I also see it puts up your twitter addy as well, have you been warned about what you put on social media? Not that anything is bad, I am genuinely interested in what the club brief is on all things social media wise?

Yeah we get briefed about media stuff. I was going to have a separate Twitter acc but my Twitter acc is about City and my connections to City so it stayed.

I am doing an LGBT event next week at the football museum and I will have someone from the club with me. She will ensure that no one asks inappropriate questions etc. I think it’s great that the club are doing this. You do worry about maybe saying something you shouldn’t.

Even on here I need to wary about what I say as it’s on a public forum and can be used against the club. Only sensible posting from now on…..;-)

maybe you need to do some housekeeping on off topic ;-)
Wonderwall

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:22 am

Completed my first full week at City which has included training 5 times a week. The level went up about 20 notches and at times I felt like a deer in headlights. I had a 4 week break over Christmas and came back rusty as I tend to do after breaks so that didn’t help.

Got my first look at Karen Bardsley (KB) and she is by far the best keeper I have trained with. She is unbelievable. If I can’t improve training with her everyday then I might as well pack in now.

Mixed in with pitch based training is the S&C conditioning which is all new to me. We go into the gym and do our programmes which are arrange of different exercises. The programmes are set up for individuals to help with your position. Lots of weighted squats and pull ups etc. I can defiantly see progress in myself which is positive. Feeling fit and healthy just need to get my keeping up to scratch now.

Other changes that have been made are that are kit is washed for us, we turn up to train and everything is laid out. We are given the correct amounts of protein and recovery formulas after training probably things that our male counter parts take for granted daily.

We have been included in the plans for CFA (city football academy). I can’t say to much about this but I was totally blown away. The women’s team are going to be an integral part of this which is unheard of in women’s football. I for one can not wait for all the doubters and people that have a negative opinion about the rise of the women’s team to see what the plans are. Out of this world springs to mind.

For someone who used to have to train in local parks full of dog muck and glass I can say from experience that this is the best thing to ever happen in women’s football in this country and if people don’t agree they are wrong.
Sister of fu

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:26 am

Great to hear - all it needed was investment. City are setting the bar and the rest of the league should be getting very nervous.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:32 am

Crikey.

That sounds fantastic, cheers for the update.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:41 am

Excellent update Andi, great to hear that you are getting the same focus that the men have, looking forward to the next chappy video where he is laying out all the ladies kit :-) next step a changing room ricaro seat with your name above it
Wonderwall

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum