Manchester City Women FC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Manchester City Ladies 2013/214

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:04 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:T Duggan post shower we'll be golden.

just sounds all wrong?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:07 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:T Duggan post shower we'll be golden.

just sounds all wrong?

It worked in my head your honor.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:12 pm

Congrats Sis. What an achievement. Good luck!
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Nickyboy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:26 pm

Fair play, ace achievement and you're no doubt the envy of every poster on this board!
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:27 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Well done! Fantastic.

Respect for your dedication & hard work.

You mentioned the sceince etc going up a level; do you know if the women's team will also be subject to the Txiki/Vieira style football formula which supposedly runs through all the mens' teams, or will the coaches be doing their own thing independantly ?

City want an identity like Barca have. We all now Barca for the way they play football and City want to go the same way. This goes from the junior sides, through the women’s set up all the way to the men. As you can see with the men’s team that identify is fast taking shape.

An example of how things have changed for us is the warm up. There is a structured warm up that all City teams do and this has now been passed onto us. We have all been given a crib sheet told to learn it and then asked to go away and take turns at leading it. The players depending on position have then been issued a further way of warming up for their position and they go off and do this in small groups.

Everything to do with the women’s set up has gone up about 10 notches. We now have our own full time physio. It will probably shock you that we never had this before. We are now able to call her whenever we want and go and see her. Its been brilliant for me as I have a history of muscle problems so to be able to see a physio any time is amazing. I have been given clear instructions and help to deal with my longstanding problem and that in invaluable.

We will be able in the new set up to have one and one sessions and also sessions in the class room assisting with what they want us to do in our rolls. In the past we have had 4 hours a week to train and for the coaches to get their messages across, there was no one to one stuff. We can now pretty much do stuff over 7 days. If I have a day off in the week and want to go in and do some extra work or see a physio I can. Things have really move forward.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:28 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Unsurprising really. Well done. You're going to be a helluva football coach one day once you hang em up...but first things first.

Cheers

You going to come over for a game Mr Glory Hunter??

i'll make it a guarantee for 2014 my friend. Will i see you sat on the bench making jokes with a makeshift CB or will you be plying the trade on the field?

Also, can you please push them to sign Alex Morgan? Surely you need some uhm "firepower" up front.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:30 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Unsurprising really. Well done. You're going to be a helluva football coach one day once you hang em up...but first things first.

Cheers

i'll make it a guarantee for 2014 my friend. Will i see you sat on the bench making jokes with a makeshift CB or will you be plying the trade on the field?

Also, can you please push them to sign Alex Morgan? Surely you need some uhm "firepower" up front.

We will see where I am sat or stood once the season starts hahah. I will be working hard though to push for a place. Karen is a quality keeper though so my work is defo cut out for me. Alex Morgan....does she track back?
Sister of fu

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:46 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

Cheers

We will see where I am sat or stood once the season starts hahah. I will be working hard though to push for a place. Karen is a quality keeper though so my work is defo cut out for me. Alex Morgan....does she track back?

you cunts and your tracking back....when they look like that it's just fine if they lay there and look pretty. Fucking English.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:50 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Well done! Fantastic.

Respect for your dedication & hard work.

You mentioned the sceince etc going up a level; do you know if the women's team will also be subject to the Txiki/Vieira style football formula which supposedly runs through all the mens' teams, or will the coaches be doing their own thing independantly ?

City want an identity like Barca have. We all now Barca for the way they play football and City want to go the same way. This goes from the junior sides, through the women’s set up all the way to the men. As you can see with the men’s team that identify is fast taking shape.

An example of how things have changed for us is the warm up. There is a structured warm up that all City teams do and this has now been passed onto us. We have all been given a crib sheet told to learn it and then asked to go away and take turns at leading it. The players depending on position have then been issued a further way of warming up for their position and they go off and do this in small groups.

Everything to do with the women’s set up has gone up about 10 notches. We now have our own full time physio. It will probably shock you that we never had this before. We are now able to call her whenever we want and go and see her. Its been brilliant for me as I have a history of muscle problems so to be able to see a physio any time is amazing. I have been given clear instructions and help to deal with my longstanding problem and that in invaluable.

We will be able in the new set up to have one and one sessions and also sessions in the class room assisting with what they want us to do in our rolls. In the past we have had 4 hours a week to train and for the coaches to get their messages across, there was no one to one stuff. We can now pretty much do stuff over 7 days. If I have a day off in the week and want to go in and do some extra work or see a physio I can. Things have really move forward.

It is a shock to find you didn't have a full time physio.

Must be really exciting to be involved in this as it's all moving to a higher level.

Hope you have a great season, cheers.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:00 pm

Well done and enjoy what to some of us would be a dream. Can I be the first to ask can you get me two for Barca away Cheers..
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Alioune DVToure » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:02 pm

Can this be made a sticky for the inaugural season? I'd like to keep one eye on how things progress.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:08 pm

Nickyboy wrote:Fair play, ace achievement and you're no doubt the envy of every poster on this board!
Yes I would agree with that. Sounds fantastic. I will be attending when the season starts.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:17 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:Can this be made a sticky for the inaugural season? I'd like to keep one eye on how things progress.

I was going to update as we go, on what were doing and dates for any friendlies or events etc.
Sister of fu

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:48 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:Can this be made a sticky for the inaugural season?

Signing Alex Morgan would go a long way to making that happen.
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby frankswift » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:45 pm

Chinners wrote:Nice one Fuey, I think it's fantastic that players of our club post on here with stuff like this. A+

+1

I'm looking forward to bringing my daughter to watch you play.
frankswift
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Take a wild guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:51 pm

frankswift wrote:
Chinners wrote:Nice one Fuey, I think it's fantastic that players of our club post on here with stuff like this. A+

+1

I'm looking forward to bringing my daughter to watch you play.

Let me know when you are coming and I will get the players to sign a programme.
Sister of fu

Postby frankswift » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:26 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Let me know when you are coming and I will get the players to sign a programme.

She'd really love that. Thanks!!!
frankswift
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Take a wild guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby bobby brows » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:00 pm

Sister of fu wrote: Let me know when you are coming and I will get the players to sign a programme.

Congrats Sis. Good to have some information too.

Should break up the summer nicely.

Hope you enjoy it.

BTW if they want someone to write the programme give me a shout! :-)

I promise I won't commission Kevin Cummins once
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:12 pm

The future is bright, the future is Sky Blue! Congratulations on your personal achievement and the best of luck for the new season and beyond. I think you would make an inspirational coach (though I'm aware I only know your online persona)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby bluebananamilksheikh » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:33 pm

Congratulations on being involved on what is a exciting time ahead for MCFC Ladies :-)
bluebananamilksheikh
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Champ1-6ns 12
My favourite player is: Richard Wright

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum