Barcelona neymar transfer statement

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Barcelona neymar transfer statement

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:29 pm

Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Barcelona neymar transfer statement

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:32 pm

So can the financial types tell us whether it is normal for a business to cough up 13 million quid without actually being found guilty of anything ?

Or is it just an attempt to bribe the Spanish authorities into letting them off ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:35 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:So can the financial types tell us whether it is normal for a business to cough up 13 million quid without actually being found guilty of anything ?

Or is it just an attempt to bribe the Spanish authorities into letting them off ?

its so dodgy its preposterous.

Following the opening of legal proceedings for alleged tax irregularities relating to the different payments made during the signing of the player Neymar da Silva Santos Jr, the Futbol Club Barcelona Board of Directors has met at the Club offices and unanimously reached the following agreements:

1.- The Board denies the existence of any tax related crime in relation to the fiscal obligations arising from the signing of the player. Throughout the process, the Club was receiving expert advice and at every moment the Club’s auditor was informed and had access to all the documentation concerning the negotiations.

2.- As we have done so far, the Club will continue to give maximum collaboration to the Law Courts in order to clarify the facts of the case.

3.- The Club will present a legal defence in the case opened against it and members can be assured that the Club has always acted within the law and that the Board will defend the Club’s reputation – one of the most emblematic in our country – until the final consequences and in whatever legal context required.

4.- We wish to make clear that FC Barcelona has always fulfilled its tax obligations, both in terms of time and method, and has enjoyed close collaboration with the Spanish Tax Authorities. FC Barcelona has no tax debts.

5.- The Board again insists that in relation to this signing, the Club has scrupulously fulfilled its fiscal obligations in line with its awareness at the time of the contracts and agreements signed in good faith.

6.- Given the existence of a possible divergent interpretation of the exact amount of tax responsibility arising from the signing and to defend the Club’s reputation and good name, FC Barcelona has this morning made a complementary tax declaration of a total of 13,550,830,56 Euros (thirteen million, five hundred and fifty thousand, eight hundred and thirty Euros and fifty-six cents) to cover any potential interpretation made concerning the contracts signed in the transfer process for Neymar, although we remain convinced that the original tax payment was in line with our fiscal obligations.

7.- This voluntary contribution should not be understood as in any way affecting the Club’s right to have its tax obligations in this matter determined by the competent authorities, concerning which the Club reserves the right to further action.

The Board of Directors will meet this evening as scheduled in an ordinary session and will deal with issues arising from this question, as well as others included in its agenda.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Twobob » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:36 pm

"We didnt do anything wrong but here's 13.5 million Euros" ffs!
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Scatman » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:50 pm

Twobob wrote:"We didnt do anything wrong but here's 13.5 million Euros" ffs!

Starbucks did the same thing last year (or was it Amazon?)
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:52 pm

Weren't they formally charged at the weekend?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:52 pm

They are part of the old money fuck all will happen.

Imagine if we did dodgy arse deals like this.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:54 pm

It's very nice of them, especially the 56 cents :-)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby PeterParker » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:17 pm

I said it and i say it again, UEFA has a really heavy articole that it's saying this: if a team is accused of corruption and they are in a trial right now, like Barcelona is, they aren't allow to play in any UEFA competition, that mean UCL or Europa League.

If this would be normal, Barcelona would have to be excluded. Simple as that. It happend with other clubs. Remember the Fenerbahce case? When Trabzonspor got in the groups on the expense of Fener?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby gillie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:32 pm

If I was the owner of Fenerbache I would demand an inquiry as this stinks of corruption in the highest degree.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:34 pm

If they really cared about financial fair play...
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:54 pm

PeterParker wrote:I said it and i say it again, UEFA has a really heavy articole that it's saying this: if a team is accused of corruption and they are in a trial right now, like Barcelona is, they aren't allow to play in any UEFA competition, that mean UCL or Europa League.

If this would be normal, Barcelona would have to be excluded. Simple as that. It happend with other clubs. Remember the Fenerbahce case? When Trabzonspor got in the groups on the expense of Fener?

My guess is that they are using this payment as a way to speed things up in the courts to be free to compete in Europe next season. Any idea when the deadline is for a club to be considered 'fit and proper' for UEFA competitions? I think it's 31st May for documents to be submitted by National Associations to UEFA, but internal (national) vetting starts around early March, and must be completed well before the 31 May deadline for a club to beable to obtain a UEFA competition license...
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby AG7 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:23 pm

Maybe we should, citing UEFA laws, ask for them to be excluded from Champions League right away and thus by default giving us a pass on to the next round draw ...
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:45 pm

What about the other 50 mil they owe the taxman?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby bayblue » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:45 pm

Implies to me that there are some more skeletons in the cupboard that they could be worried about being found.
Hopefully Edward Snowden has got the lowdown from his trawl of US National Security Agency secret papers. You would hope that if they are capturing all our emails they could at least pick up a bit of dirt on Barca.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:02 pm

Fiddling fucks. Have UEFA kicked them out of the CL yet?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:08 pm

AG7 wrote:Maybe we should, citing UEFA laws, ask for them to be excluded from Champions League right away and thus by default giving us a pass on to the next round draw ...

That won't happen. They are Barcelona, not Fenerbahce.

Real Madrid are in the same situation i am sure of it.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby ashton287 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:23 pm

Fuck all will happen. Uefa make too much money out of barca being in the CL.

They are not interested in what is right. They won't punish barca for blatant corruption but they will punish pellers for stating a fact about one of their shit ref's.

I fucking hate the politics of football, it's ruining the game and getting worse at every fucking turn. Makes me fucking sick.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby nottsblue » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:35 pm

ashton287 wrote:Fuck all will happen. Uefa make too much money out of barca being in the CL.

They are not interested in what is right. They won't punish barca for blatant corruption but they will punish pellers for stating a fact about one of their shit ref's.

I fucking hate the politics of football, it's ruining the game and getting worse at every fucking turn. Makes me fucking sick.

Bang on
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Twobob » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:40 pm

ashton287 wrote:Fuck all will happen. Uefa make too much money out of barca being in the CL. They are not interested in what is right. They won't punish barca for blatant corruption but they will punish pellers for stating a fact about one of their shit ref's. I fucking hate the politics of football, it's ruining the game and getting worse at every fucking turn. Makes me fucking sick.

Couldn't agree more!
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum