Dzeko

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Dzeko

Postby Bluedj » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:58 am

Credit were its due, thought he came on and played the we've seen him play in a long while. He seemed to have some fire in his belly!
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Re: Dzeko

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:07 am

Was unlucky with the header and which drew a great save and had a stonewaller turned down. On another night he could have turned the tie.
Only so much you can do when you're playing against the officials though.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:09 am

Here's hoping that version of Dzeko turns up for the final twelve. I know he hates the 'super sub' tag but he does seem to perform much better coming off the bench.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:51 am

Great player, unworthy of the boo boys' energy I'd say. Having a few poor touches is much preferable to being anonymous for hours on end. imo.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Cit.revenge » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:44 am

I m really fuckin angry with hes lazy ass when i watch Barcelona game. Ok there was much more space but u can't tell me that he can't play at list 50 % of what he give in that half (80% headers won, 92% pass accurate ,4 shoot on target, 3 driblle ,stonewall penno witch we did not get ,and assist) . Barcelona defense could not handle him, in City he decide i will show up this day or not.He's a class but fuckin primadona .If u wanna best of him he must feel special and that is part of Bosnia fans fault. So i really want him gone from City because he piss me off how he plays sometimes and i know he can do better. Let him do that in Inter or some other club he can fuck around (not in my club u wont )and for National selection he got first warning from fans.And just to add he is not the only one, we have players we know they are class playing shit half against Wigan and then when we losing 2 0 we create a hole and put Wigan there, but why not from start?! I really think young players are answer at list 3 4 of them from City Academy who have feel for club not 22 hired guns.
Last edited by Cit.revenge on Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:44 am

Cit.revenge wrote:I m really fuckin angry with hes lazy ass when i watch Barcelona game. Ok there was much more space but u can't tell me that he can't play at list 50 % of what he give in that half (80% headers won, 92% pass acurate ,4 shoot on target, 3 driblle ,stonewall penno witch we did not get ,and assist) . Barcelona defense could not handle him, in City he decide i will show up this day or not.He's a class but fuckin primadona .If u wanna best of him he must feel special and that is part of Bosnia fans fault. So i really want him gone from City because he piss me off how he plays sometimes and i know he can do better. Let him do that in Inter or some other club he can fuck around (not in my club u wont )and for National selection he got first warning from fans.And just to add he is not the only one, we have players we know they are class playing shit half against Wigan and then when we losing 2 0 we create a hole and put Wigan there, but why not from star?! I really think young players are answer at list 3 4 of them from City Academy who have feel for club not 22 hired guns.

Behave.....he does my tits in sometimes, but he is a class act, especially when he comes on as a sub.

Support your team and it's players
"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:49 am

We need every player and I suggest we get behind Dzeko, or 3rd/4th might be on the cards.. for me leave him to be the final touch of the ball he has no interest in linking with Silva or anyone else.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:14 am

Dzeko was great v Barca, & if he plays like that, & 2nd half v Wigan from now on, he will score goals again.

Still leaves us with a big decision in the summer. We either decide to offer him a new deal, or cash in.

I suppose that depends on what the alternatives are for a replacement.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:28 am

The trouble is he's incredibly inconsistent. Too often he has a half arsed attitude with non existent ball control. Also he has no pace . He misses a lot of goals but so does Sergio to be fair. If we absolutely have to choose between selling him to pay for a top quality centre back or keeping him I'd sell but we'd have to satisfy ourselves that Jovetic can give us a decent season first which is far from certain.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:41 am

blues2win wrote:The trouble is he's incredibly inconsistent. Too often he has a half arsed attitude with non existent ball control. Also he has no pace . He misses a lot of goals but so does Sergio to be fair. If we absolutely have to choose between selling him to pay for a top quality centre back or keeping him I'd sell but we'd have to satisfy ourselves that Jovetic can give us a decent season first which is far from certain.

Jovetic may not be here if he doesn't make a contribution this season. There are plenty of teams interested in him & we may decide to take a loss if we think he's likely to go missing next season.

Be a real shame, because he is potentially our best or 2nd best player imo. He could be our Can***a, but at a European level. But not if he doesn't play.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:02 am

blues2win wrote:The trouble is he's incredibly inconsistent. Too often he has a half arsed attitude with non existent ball control. Also he has no pace . He misses a lot of goals but so does Sergio to be fair. If we absolutely have to choose between selling him to pay for a top quality centre back or keeping him I'd sell but we'd have to satisfy ourselves that Jovetic can give us a decent season first which is far from certain.

Aguero is twice as likely to score as Dzeko based on league performance this season

Aguero 15 goals from 70 shots, goal per 4.6 shots. Third best in Europe

Dzeko 7 goals from 67 shots, goal per 9.6 shots

And Negredo's is 9 goals from 61 shots, goal per 6.7 shots
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby blues2win » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:50 pm

Fair stats although it could be that Dzeko shoots more readily. You never get stats for bad misses as such. You're probably right Ted you usually are. I doubt we'll get rid of Dzeko and Jovetic somehow. I'm always hoping to see him on the team sheet because he's a subtle intelligent player who adds something different to our play on the limited evidence so far. Still hoping Stevan!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:07 pm

The haters can slag Dzeko off all they want but he's all we have up top at the moment so please get behind him.

Aguero's injured (again), Jovetic is perennially injured, whilst Negredo pulled a Reggie Perrin in January and hasn't been seen since - its that bad with him he isn't even missing chances as he's basically been anonymous for 8 weeks.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:30 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Jovetic may not be here if he doesn't make a contribution this season. There are plenty of teams interested in him & we may decide to take a loss if we think he's likely to go missing next season.

Be a real shame, because he is potentially our best or 2nd best player imo. He could be our Can***a, but at a European level. But not if he doesn't play.

Steady on, Ted; such a comparison doesn't fit too comfortably for me.....unless those pesky seagulls are following that trawler again.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:48 pm

18 goals this season, not bad for a third/fourth choice striker.
If anyone can suggest someone who'd be willing to come in and play 3rd choice and get us as many goals for a reasonable price then fair enough but I don't know too many.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby nottsblue » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:57 pm

He could easily be for us what Solkjaer was to rags. Not necessarily a first choice but reliable enough to score enough when it really matters. Well worth keeping in my eyes. We still dont give him enough crosses in the air for him to attack though
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:00 pm

I'm so happy for him that he scored today especially after he missed the earlier chance. This will be a great boost for his confidence and we'll benefit from it in the run in. He's been actually playing much better in the last few weeks and all that was missing were the goals. I think that ended today and the goals will start flowing in. With Kun injured and Negredo off the boil, we'll need Dzeko to step up now more than any other time since he joined us.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Cit.revenge » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:03 pm

According to Goal.com we put him up for sale .He run a lot today .
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:05 pm

Hope we keep him.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby zuricity » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:07 pm

Cit.revenge wrote:According to Goal.com we put him up for sale .He run a lot today .

Don't worry .
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum