Elaquim Mangala

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Elaquim Mangala

Postby phips » Thu May 26, 2016 12:57 pm

after the Euros Mangala needs to plant his ass in one of these for the remainder of the summer:

Watch on youtube.com
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 26, 2016 1:04 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:Mangala shits all over Otter, definitely need to keep him. We should never have signed the bearded Argie, he's shit and a cheating little wimp

Totes agreed mon frere.

Also I don't believe we wanted to sign Otters but Valencia owed us the cash for negredo so we did them a solid and took Otters in exchange.

Do you really believe what you said?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sidSmith » Thu May 26, 2016 2:14 pm

phips wrote:after the Euros Mangala needs to plant his ass in one of these for the remainder of the summer

He's not that bad he needs a schoolboy drill like that. It's all a bit different with an opposition player closing you down, and another marking the player you're passing back to.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby PrezIke » Thu May 26, 2016 2:48 pm

Please tell me how I am wrong, but my sense is those who prefer Mangala over Nico do so because of feeling he goes to ground too much (he does), and isn't as much of a physically imposing player.

Except, Nico is better with the ball in possession and as a passer (including accurate long/through ball ability), doesn't as often panic/makes fewer poor decisions (he still makes more than I like), even though he is fairly short for a centre half is a more effective header of the ball than Mangala who should be better given his size and athleticism. Mangala looks better when matched up against bigger forwards who like to stay in the middle/ where he can use his strength (i.e. Costa). When defending players more prone to going out wide/use pace he is more prone to errors in positioning.

The problem is neither of them have shown to be leader-like for whatever reason so they don't direct anyone even whilst seeing it happening (I pointed this out with Nico against Southampton away). This is why we are looking at Laporte in part. He apparently demonstrates leadership characteristics and is a very intelligent player. I would not mind keeping Mangala and Nico for another season, as I am sure they are on high wages that may make it difficult to sell them, and even if we only sign Laporte for centre defence with Denayer returning and assuming no one leaves other than MDM, that's 5 (Vinnie, Mangala, Nico, Laporte, Denayer). I guess Laporte and Denayer could play out wide, but I would think we will also look to sign some fullbacks to replace Kolarov and Zaba).

Mangala has been here two seasons, Nico one. Mangala is younger, but is he the kind of central defender that Pep wants?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby phips » Fri May 27, 2016 12:59 am

sidSmith wrote:
phips wrote:after the Euros Mangala needs to plant his ass in one of these for the remainder of the summer

He's not that bad he needs a schoolboy drill like that. It's all a bit different with an opposition player closing you down, and another marking the player you're passing back to.

i wouldn't necessarily call that machine a schoolboy drill. it looks incredibly helpful for any player

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri May 27, 2016 3:11 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:Mangala shits all over Otter, definitely need to keep him. We should never have signed the bearded Argie, he's shit and a cheating little wimp

Totes agreed mon frere.

Also I don't believe we wanted to sign Otters but Valencia owed us the cash for negredo so we did them a solid and took Otters in exchange.

Yes. Valencia were broke. We've done a lot of business with them. We were looking for a CB and Otters was offered so we took him in exchange for the fee they owed us to buy Negredo. On paper I'm sure it sounded decent -- one of the top defenders in La Liga. My point is that I'm not sure he was on our list before their financial problems created the opp.

Got it? Any other genius questions about my opinions or beliefs?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri May 27, 2016 5:49 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Totes agreed mon frere.

Yes. Valencia were broke. We've done a lot of business with them. We were looking for a CB and Otters was offered so we took him in exchange for the fee they owed us to buy Negredo. On paper I'm sure it sounded decent -- one of the top defenders in La Liga. My point is that I'm not sure he was on our list before their financial problems created the opp.

Cheers

We took a player we didn't really want just to help Valencia out, this despite the fact that the rags were chasing the same player all summer long. Makes lots of sense.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Fri May 27, 2016 6:19 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Totes agreed mon frere.

Cheers

Valencia were not broke when they sold us Otter. They were broke when they bought negredo. Lim had agreed to buy the club but it had not gone through which is why it was an initial loan but a promise to buy. He had full control when we bought Otter.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby dazby » Fri May 27, 2016 12:41 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Wooders wrote:He's improving a lot - the comp will do him good as well
Out of him and Otter, I see more scope for improvement with Mangala

I dont...hes a fuckign accident waiting to happen and proves it time and time again.

When a 40 million pound player hoofs the ball into touch when he has seconds to play it forward , then whoever payed 40 odd million for aplayer like that , needs to be sacked.

I wont even talk about his other fuckign failings.

Go on. Name them.

They have been named numerous times in match threads, you total and utter thick cunt.

Just when you think hes improving he goes and does something stupid...I dont know ether or not Pep can get him to actually play like a top defender.

I do U turns like any fan when it comes to liking a player or wanting a player , but now the seasons over I wouldnt care less if Mangala was moved on as I cannot see another season of comedy defense.

Right. So you can't then.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Slim » Fri May 27, 2016 12:59 pm

dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Wooders wrote:He's improving a lot - the comp will do him good as well
Out of him and Otter, I see more scope for improvement with Mangala

I dont...hes a fuckign accident waiting to happen and proves it time and time again.

When a 40 million pound player hoofs the ball into touch when he has seconds to play it forward , then whoever payed 40 odd million for aplayer like that , needs to be sacked.

I wont even talk about his other fuckign failings.

Go on. Name them.

They have been named numerous times in match threads, you total and utter thick cunt.

Just when you think hes improving he goes and does something stupid...I dont know ether or not Pep can get him to actually play like a top defender.

I do U turns like any fan when it comes to liking a player or wanting a player , but now the seasons over I wouldnt care less if Mangala was moved on as I cannot see another season of comedy defense.

Right. So you can't then.

His passing is dodgy.
His positional sense is sometimes non-existent.
For a guy as quick as he is, how does he constantly get turned?
He's a freaking mountain who goes up for every corner and has 0 league goals in two seasons at City.

Should I go on? Trust me, Carl knows the shortcomings of our centrehalves more than anyone else on the board....he's spent the last 10 years moaning about them.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Fri May 27, 2016 1:15 pm

Mangala has everything but a football brain.The rest well you could be here all day and night.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri May 27, 2016 2:05 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Mangala has everything but a football brain.The rest well you could be here all day and night.

Spazby has no fuckign brain , but hes a fuckign wizard with crayons.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PrezIke » Fri May 27, 2016 2:08 pm

Hope he does well in the Euros. Can only be a good thing either if we keep him, or increasing our ability to sell if that's what Pep decides.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Dimples » Fri May 27, 2016 4:16 pm

Mangala will be a key player for us under Pep - immense.

Regardless of how he does, I will revisit this thread when next season ends.
Lets see who has called it correctly then.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby aaron bond » Fri May 27, 2016 4:25 pm

Mangala had a good season - much improved from his first season.

He still has his faults, and his concentration disappears at times, but he gets more stick than he deserves. His price tag (like Sterling's) adds additional pressure through no fault of his own.

With a fit Kompany, he has performed very well. It's just a shame Kompany has been injured so much.

With Kompany almost permanently injured, Demichelis old/shit/leaving and Otamendi a bit crap, Mangala is probably our best option at the moment. However, that just reinforces how much a priority the centre back position is for us this summer and it has to be a priority for Pep.

Our defence has been in a steady decline ever since we won the league in 2012 and Mancini started dropping Lescott and playing Nastasic. The Kompany-Lescott partnership was excellent and we've seen a range of average to shit defenders ever since (Nastasic, Demichelis, Otamendi etc.).

But I have confidence Pep will pay close attention to the defence after Pellegrini ignored it for 3 years.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby phips » Fri May 27, 2016 7:39 pm

hes gotta stop bear-hugging players

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Swales4ever » Sat May 28, 2016 12:20 am

the surreally overinflated fee has fockall to do with him.

a decently improved CB row material (almost in the same bracket as Savic and Nastasic were) who can be developed by Pep.

I'd take him. if anything because of the financial loss that'll generate getting rid of him.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Hazy2 » Sat May 28, 2016 5:31 am

If we could rewind the clock would we buy him. I am sentimental, not sure Pep is.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sat May 28, 2016 11:20 am

Slim wrote:His passing is dodgy.
His positional sense is sometimes non-existent.
For a guy as quick as he is, how does he constantly get turned?
He's a freaking mountain who goes up for every corner and has 0 league goals in two seasons at City.

Should I go on? Trust me, Carl knows the shortcomings of our centrehalves more than anyone else on the board....he's spent the last 10 years moaning about them everything.

Corrected for you.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby phips » Sat May 28, 2016 2:52 pm

Mathieu just to injured and pulled from the squad so Mangala has an even better chance of starting.

that being said, Sakho was just cleared and is no longer banned so he'll probably start.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead