nastasic...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: nastasic...

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:20 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
sheblue wrote:Looks like he is staying no talk of a move.

Newcastle were mentioned on Sky about an hour ago. Personally I hope he stays. He can play in the league cup etc. That game at home to sheff wed will be our 4th in 11 days.

The Count telling Nasti to leave suggests Boyata will play alongside one of the other 3.

Yes, I'm sure that is his plan. I would like to see Boyata and Nasti playing together against Sheff Wed. Kompany, Mangala and MDM are all going away on international duty and then have the 3 big games for City on their return. That's a lot of games for them to share, even though the workload can be shared between the three of them.

i would guess Mangala will play v Sheff Wed as we wouldn't want to debut him v Arse away.

Nice start for him, as it will be full on with 8 Thousand Wed fans coming ! could be a great night for those who want noise.. at the libary
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:59 am

kennyboy wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
kennyboy wrote:He can stay, good cover and better than Lescott.

Defending isn't really your area of expertise is it ?

It should be, iam a defender myself. Think Nasta could be useful in cups and with injuries.
There was certainly some flaws Pellegrini saw in Lescott i`ve seen in years or was he just too good for us Ted..?

If you think Nastasic is a better defender than Lescott, you are probably not very good.

There are no central defenders currenltly playing anywhere in world football who do not have big holes in their game, bar perhaps Kompany.

City have always needed a quicker but still reliable partner for Kompany than Lescott, & Pellegrini in particular wants such a player but Lescott has always been better than Nastasic & probably still is, even at his age, with dodgy knees.

Mangala is in theory exactly what we need, but he will have to go some to prove it & do a better job than Lescott did.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby kennyboy » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:44 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
kennyboy wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
kennyboy wrote:He can stay, good cover and better than Lescott.

Defending isn't really your area of expertise is it ?

It should be, iam a defender myself. Think Nasta could be useful in cups and with injuries.
There was certainly some flaws Pellegrini saw in Lescott i`ve seen in years or was he just too good for us Ted..?

If you think Nastasic is a better defender than Lescott, you are probably not very good.

And that coming from a guy who fancy Stefan Savic :)
I have big hopes for Mangala, think he would suit captain fantastic.
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:52 pm

I would nt be surprised to see Mangala debut in Germany. I seem to think Nasti had his debut in Madrid. Mangala might be worth the gamble there and may then be ready to face Maureen's men at the weekend. I expect Nasti to partner Boyata against Sheff Wed.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby blues2win » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:31 pm

Surely not. Mangala needs game time and he's far more important to the squad than Nastasic. If he's fit for 90 he plays. Pellegrini will be hoping he plays for France at least for part of a game. I suppose he could play with Nasty rather than Boyata but Boyata's been given the nod as fourth striker so I guess it's Dedryck.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:35 pm

I cannot believe we still have this useless tit on our books......he must have flatly refused to go somewhere else, money grabbing cunt.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby MilnersJaw » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:38 pm

I can't believe people said he was good, he was shit from the start.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:23 am

blues2win wrote:Surely not. Mangala needs game time and he's far more important to the squad than Nastasic. If he's fit for 90 he plays. Pellegrini will be hoping he plays for France at least for part of a game. I suppose he could play with Nasty rather than Boyata but Boyata's been given the nod as fourth striker so I guess it's Dedryck.

Didn't realise he was that talented.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Socrates » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:53 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
blues2win wrote:Surely not. Mangala needs game time and he's far more important to the squad than Nastasic. If he's fit for 90 he plays. Pellegrini will be hoping he plays for France at least for part of a game. I suppose he could play with Nasty rather than Boyata but Boyata's been given the nod as fourth striker so I guess it's Dedryck.

Didn't realise he was that talented.

Indeed! The new Ian Marshall!!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby blues2win » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:14 am

Sorry meant centre back obviously!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:36 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I cannot believe we still have this useless tit on our books......he must have flatly refused to go somewhere else, money grabbing cunt.

Lescott is still on our books?!?

On a somewhat serious note: I can't believe I missed the instant when carl turned on Nastasic! When did that happen?
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:01 am

I wonder if the Count will actually use him as 4th cb now he's staying here, or just leave him out in the cold to encourage him to fuck off in Jan ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:43 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I cannot believe we still have this useless tit on our books......he must have flatly refused to go somewhere else, money grabbing cunt.

On a somewhat serious note: I can't believe I missed the instant when carl turned on Nastasic! When did that happen?

I think the penny finally dropped when I saw him, for the umpteenth time,with a pathetic attempt to challenge for the ball in our area................ bang...1 nil to the other team!!

He's taking the piss staying with us (Its his right of course) but its our right to put him in a dark corner till January.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:47 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I think the penny finally dropped when I saw him, for the umpteenth time,with a pathetic attempt to challenge for the ball in our area................ bang...1 nil to the other team!!

He's taking the piss staying with us (Its his right of course) but its our right to put him in a dark corner till January.

Perhaps he is determined to show that he can do better than that ?

Be interesting to see if we get a 'pumped up' all action version of Nastasic, winning headers & flying in rescuing his team mates, rather than stood around with a cup of tea waiting for the ball to land at his feet.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:54 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Be interesting to see if we get a 'pumped up' all action version of Nastasic, winning headers & flying in rescuing his team mates, rather than stood around with a cup of tea waiting for the ball to land at his feet.

Nice........or leaning against the goalpost, smoking a woodbine and talking to Joe.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:06 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Nice........or leaning against the goalpost, smoking a woodbine and talking to Joe.

With one of those wind up record players .

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:53 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:[quote="Mikhail

Be interesting to see if we get a 'pumped up' all action version of Nastasic, winning headers & flying in rescuing his team mates, rather than stood around with a cup of tea waiting for the ball to land at his feet.[/quote]

Nice........or leaning against the goalpost, smoking a woodbine and talking to Joe.[/quote]

With one of those wind up record players .[/quote][/quote]
The end result is the same though. Joe picking the ball out of the onion bag
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:16 pm

If he jumps out of the way of a header again I may have to shout at something (possibly a yogurt pot)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:12 am

Nastasic had all the raw materials needed from top defender. All he needed was coaching up. Our coaches have failed with that.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby City64 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:27 am

Nastasic looked the real deal early in his City career with plenty of scope to improve , however that improvement never happened and after a couple of nightmare performances he obviously lost his confidence . Being a young center half at a top club he should be worth a few bob at today's prices.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum