Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby blues2win » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:10 am

Any keeper knows you cover the near post. If he gets beaten by a brilliant shot across him into the far corner there's nothing you can do but you make things as difficult as possible. It was a dreadful mistake and cost us two points. He wasn't the only player to play poorly but he was one of them. Don't forget his poor distribution; a regular feature of his play.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Breks » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:12 am

Poor positional awareness, poor distribution and poor at dealing with crosses. Get rid the guy is turd!
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:33 am

Just saw the 2nd Sunderland goal now on BeIn Sport with Ray Clemence on the panel. He said that Joe Hart leaving such a big gap on his left was unforgivable. I think that was another Joe mistake which cost us points again and I wonder if Pellers will see it as a majority in this post do ?
I've never seen Panti make any silly mistakes in all the games he's played this season so I wonder if Pellers will have the balls to finish the season with him in goal ?
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby RodneyRodney » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:18 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:Just saw the 2nd Sunderland goal now on BeIn Sport with Ray Clemence on the panel. He said that Joe Hart leaving such a big gap on his left was unforgivable. I think that was another Joe mistake which cost us points again and I wonder if Pellers will see it as a majority in this post do ?
I've never seen Panti make any silly mistakes in all the games he's played this season so I wonder if Pellers will have the balls to finish the season with him in goal ?

I'll second that
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:24 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:Just saw the 2nd Sunderland goal now on BeIn Sport with Ray Clemence on the panel. He said that Joe Hart leaving such a big gap on his left was unforgivable. I think that was another Joe mistake which cost us points again and I wonder if Pellers will see it as a majority in this post do ?

You've never seen Panti make silly mistakes? Do you honestly believe what you've just said. If so, I really do despair.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby RodneyRodney » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:35 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

You've never seen Panti make silly mistakes? Do you honestly believe what you've just said. If so, I really do despair.

I really did despair on Weds. night.

I can't remember Pants making howlers like Joe in the last couple of games , and based on what we've seen of both of them over the season , I don't think there's much to choose between them overall.

I think Pants is worth a run over the last five games , and should be persuaded to stick around and contest the starting spot next season.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby PeterParker » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:53 pm

Loris Karius, does this name rings a bell?

78 % of shots saved this season.

Anything? This fella is about to get Mainz in the Champions League for next season. This fella was a City keeper one and a half year ago.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:34 pm

RodneyRodney wrote: I really did despair on Weds. night. I can't remember Pants making howlers like Joe in the last couple of games , and based on what we've seen of both of them over the season , I don't think there's much to choose between them overall. I think Pants is worth a run over the last five games , and should be persuaded to stick around and contest the starting spot next season.

Even before Panti was dropped he was making mistakes in every game. Dropping balls from crosses, unnecessary rushes to certain situations etc but he was just lucky our opponents didn't capitalise on any of those situations. But he was far from perfect. IMHO more or less same level as Hart right now so I'm not sure we would gain anything for putting him between the sticks.

And Joe's future. I think we've all all seen how good shot-stopper he is/can be when he gets back to form and sorts out concentration. And I would keep him as our no.1
But the decision will be made based on his distribution. If Pelle/Spanish mafia want someone who's better at that then he will be replaced. We'll see.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:37 pm

PeterParker wrote:Loris Karius, does this name rings a bell? 78 % of shots saved this season. Anything? This fella is about to get Mainz in the Champions League for next season. This fella was a City keeper one and a half year ago.

Is that percentage good or bad for a keeper? I have no clue but I would've imagined quite a few keepers have that sort of lnumbers

And why did he leave us? Did he get homesick or something? I remember when he joined us but then (iirc) there was just a short note that "Karius leaves City to join Mainz"
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PeterParker » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:06 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Loris Karius, does this name rings a bell? 78 % of shots saved this season. Anything? This fella is about to get Mainz in the Champions League for next season. This fella was a City keeper one and a half year ago.

Is that percentage good or bad for a keeper? I have no clue but I would've imagined quite a few keepers have that sort of lnumbers

And why did he leave us? Did he get homesick or something? I remember when he joined us but then (iirc) there was just a short note that "Karius leaves City to join Mainz"

That is a great percentage. I did some digging and he is the third keeper in Bundesliga, after Neuer and ter Stegen. Saw him today, Mainz lost 3-2 at Dortmund, but he was top class.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Breks » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:27 pm

We should pay big money to sign Thibaus Courtouis. Best young keeper in the world.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:47 pm

Breks wrote:We should pay big money to sign Thibaus Courtouis. Best young keeper in the world.

Chelsea would never sell a player of his calibre to us
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Cit.revenge » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:47 pm

Joe cost us points in two season in row, and more then 10 in both. If we are Newcastle i would not worry about 10 points ,but we are City .If hes not English number one he would be drop season ago . It s not that hes making mistake like he drop ball so that can happen one time in season. In last two games , really big games for us ! He is on Kompany's back nobody can explain why?! In last game hes not in good place to cover post , that is just basic stuff and he fuck up like that 5 6 time in a season. Just remember hes decision to go out in 92 min on ball 30 meters from hes goal that hes defender had for sure , nevermind hes delivery and poor protecting hes space on corners.If he can go back and do basic keeper stuff for example (cover hes post and not running free from Maiden) then he can be decent enough for club who wanna win things.There is better keepers ,it's really importane place in team and could bring points.I did not say a thing about him for two season but i think that is enough time to see if he will raise up.If he can put half of season with no blunder i would be ok . Not unlucky drop of ball or something like that ,he has problem with positioning, and making decision (basic stuff for great keeper skills).He has great reflex but hes so off in other stuff that that is just not good enough.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby guv111 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:24 pm

He's not good enough, is he? Thing is, we're stuck with him. Like our actually good players (Kompany, Silva, Yaya, Aguero - probably) he's regarded as "City". I think we can do much better, but he's a bit blue chip according to those who matter, I believe.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:27 pm

Good keeper, getting unfair criticism in a team that's stuttering.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Breks » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:00 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Good keeper, getting unfair criticism in a team that's stuttering.

Good? Are we talking about the same Joe Hart?
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:01 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Good keeper, getting unfair criticism in a team that's stuttering.

Agreed.

Also, we need a great keeper,not a good one.

Cheers
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:08 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

Agreed.

Also, we need a great keeper,not a good one.

Cheers

Probably true yeah, but we also need a great left-back, a great central defender, some great wide players and some great back-ups to other great players we have.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:06 am

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Probably true yeah, but we also need a great left-back, a great central defender, some great wide players and some great back-ups to other great players we have.

And missing any of those great players hasn't cost us as many pts as having an underperforming keeper this season.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Two's Kompany » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:45 am

Hart will be at the club next season but I am convinced there will also be another top keeper at the club too.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum