Have we been spoilt?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Have we been spoilt?

Postby gillie » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:22 pm

I ask this in respect as fans this season owing to the lack of atmosphere especially after taking an early lead like tonight.I am just going off the atmosphere at Anfield on Sunday when they went 1 up the place was rocking but our place tonight was like a library.I really think a bit of noise would have lifted the players after all we are supposed to be trying to win the title.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Have we been spoilt?

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:25 pm

gillie wrote:I ask this in respect as fans this season owing to the lack of atmosphere especially after taking an early lead like tonight.I am just going off the atmosphere at Anfield on Sunday when they went 1 up the place was rocking but our place tonight was like a library.I really think a bit of noise would have lifted the players after all we are supposed to be trying to win the title.

Not been on decent atmosphere this season. No idea what can be done to rectify. Not sure adding a further 20,000 is the right idea. Another none sold out game despite what is at stake.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby coMs » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:26 pm

Yeah its all the fans fault.
coMs
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:26 pm

for me the atmosphere declined at Maine Road and went really shit when we moved (and we were wank then) so I'm not sure although I know what your getting at. the fans are shite now and rarely back the team.

expecting amazing performances and goals is not how fans/blues should/used to be. you bring the noise, and the runs will follow IMO.

but in terms of expecting too much - a shite united won it last year and theere battling for 6th. Chelsea are shit. theres just no excuse for it.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:27 pm

'Cos I'm not there mate.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby city9_4eva » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:31 pm

It seems that way, time and time again, we see the stadium empty after 75/80 mins winning losing or drawing, its unbelievable really. And your right I hate to say it but Anfield had an amazing atmosphere on Sunday was very intimidating, it must of been for the players anyway. I don't know why we don't seem to have that spark, and when we do have the 'big games' only a few sections of the ground sing and cheer the team on, the South Stand and the corner of the East. Also there's no denying it whether you see it on tele or at the stadium there are empty seats everywhere, yet city are saying the games are sold out!!? And that brings me on to the expansion?

Anyway my point being that a lot of us fans are a real credit to the club, singing and shouting in pubs before the game, but then in the ground all the atmosphere dies. I'm at a loss to find out the reason why this happens?!
city9_4eva
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Twobob » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:05 pm

It was poor again mate, yes we looked poor after we scored but even when we scored it was a gentle applause and that was it ...

Disappointing evening throughout.
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:10 pm

We were indeed poor tonight.

I'm not sure having a separate thread for each player for us to abuse him specifically, which is what seems to have appeared this evening, is going to out it right though.

Ah well, work tomorrow so time for bed.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby dazby » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:53 am

Yes we have. Unfortunately, the appetite of a football fan is insatiable.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:59 am

city9_4eva wrote:It seems that way, time and time again, we see the stadium empty after 75/80 mins winning losing or drawing, its unbelievable really. And your right I hate to say it but Anfield had an amazing atmosphere on Sunday was very intimidating, it must of been for the players anyway. I don't know why we don't seem to have that spark, and when we do have the 'big games' only a few sections of the ground sing and cheer the team on, the South Stand and the corner of the East. Also there's no denying it whether you see it on tele or at the stadium there are empty seats everywhere, yet city are saying the games are sold out!!? And that brings me on to the expansion?

Anyway my point being that a lot of us fans are a real credit to the club, singing and shouting in pubs before the game, but then in the ground all the atmosphere dies. I'm at a loss to find out the reason why this happens?!

but this is what bores me, fans before the match giving it the biggun on the tube in madrid or in mary d's then don't say boo in the ground and sit down politely when the showsec lesbians ask them too. WTF?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:02 am

Nick wrote:
but this is what bores me, fans before the match giving it the biggun on the tube in madrid or in mary d's then don't say boo in the ground and sit down politely when the showsec lesbians ask them too. WTF?

Hey hey... the lesbians on here won't appreciate that!
Original Dub

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:04 am

Original Dub wrote:
Nick wrote:

Hey hey... the lesbians on here won't appreciate that!

Theres only one Pauline Quirke!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Grandad Rosler » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:26 am

I agree the atmosphere is shocking at times and we really need to start getting behind the team every game. I sit in the family stand now to save a bit of cash and sit around the most negative bunch of fans I have ever know, it really is hard work! I must admit we are early leavers though as have to miss the traffic to get back to my young sons so can understand why some have to go early to be honest
Grandad Rosler

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:34 am

If we are to compare our atmosphere to boofield then maybe we should look at the set up. The noisy part of boofield is the kop which is for bin dippers only. The noisy part of the Etihad is the South stand but a good chunk of this is taken up by away fans (or not taken up at all).
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Woodyblue » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:03 pm

Grandad Rosler wrote:I agree the atmosphere is shocking at times and we really need to start getting behind the team every game. I sit in the family stand now to save a bit of cash and sit around the most negative bunch of fans I have ever know, it really is hard work! I must admit we are early leavers though as have to miss the traffic to get back to my young sons so can understand why some have to go early to be honest

You agree we really need to get behind the team? Me too, from kick off to the final whistle. How much time do you save yourself by leaving early? 20/30 minutes? How much difference does that make to your young sons? Do you leave irrespective of the score? I'm sorry I cannot understand why anyone comes and pays to watch and support their team, then leaves 10/15 minutes before the end. It's wasting your hard earned cash and disrespectful to the team you support.
Woodyblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Mario Ballotelli

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:42 pm

further points

1) leaving early saves fuck all time. I go to the pub after the game and thats the times im not drinking purely to save time sat in the traffic. are you people CEO's rushing back to finalise deals on a weekend afternoon?

2) the last time i went to anfield (when they beat us with carroll on a monday night, after barry, ballotelli, dzeko, johnson were all on the piss the thursday before - probably Easter?) anfield was SHITE and we sung ''wheres your famous atmosphere"

3) Point 2 indicates that week night matches are shite and should be scraped. tell sky to fuck off.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Grandad Rosler » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:53 pm

Woodyblue wrote:You agree we really need to get behind the team? Me too, from kick off to the final whistle. How much time do you save yourself by leaving early? 20/30 minutes? How much difference does that make to your young sons? Do you leave irrespective of the score? I'm sorry I cannot understand why anyone comes and pays to watch and support their team, then leaves 10/15 minutes before the end. It's wasting your hard earned cash and disrespectful to the team you support.

It gets me back at least an hour early as all the lights get shut down waiting for fans to get out and we dont just live round the corner it's a half hour onwards drive, let's be honest I would rather stay, we leave at 88/89 mins generally we also get a lift so not much choice anyway. Irrespective it's more about whoever is looking after them than the kids themselves as we have to sort out childcare which is a pain in the arse, especially in the week.
Think disrespectful is a bit over the top to be fair and could easily say it's disrespectful to us as fans to have to watch the kind of performance we saw against Sunderland after shelling out for season tickets and still being in with a chance of the title. Swings and roundabouts
Grandad Rosler

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby Woodyblue » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:49 am

Grandad Rosler wrote: It gets me back at least an hour early as all the lights get shut down waiting for fans to get out and we dont just live round the corner it's a half hour onwards drive, let's be honest I would rather stay, we leave at 88/89 mins generally we also get a lift so not much choice anyway. Irrespective it's more about whoever is looking after them than the kids themselves as we have to sort out childcare which is a pain in the arse, especially in the week. Think disrespectful is a bit over the top to be fair and could easily say it's disrespectful to us as fans to have to watch the kind of performance we saw against Sunderland after shelling out for season tickets and still being in with a chance of the title. Swings and roundabouts

Sorry mate. Not judging you. Just got a load of rag mates who constantly give me crap on how empty our ground looks five minutes before the end. You're right too the Sunderland game was the worst I've seen City play in years. "Typical City" still have the ability to really piss me off.
Woodyblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Mario Ballotelli

Postby Breks » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:56 am

Grandad Rosler wrote:I agree the atmosphere is shocking at times and we really need to start getting behind the team every game. I sit in the family stand now to save a bit of cash and sit around the most negative bunch of fans I have ever know, it really is hard work! I must admit we are early leavers though as have to miss the traffic to get back to my young sons so can understand why some have to go early to be honest

I sit in the family stand with my lad and you're right it's full of negative twats. Some of the nonsense I heard after the Sunderland game was shocking. Defeatist wankers most of them.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:45 pm

well I'm supposed to avoid the football altogether due to the stimulation because of my chronic insomnia/ adrenal fatigue / high cortisol levels.

FML. I give up putting my all in at the ground when the lads around me are more arsed about what their wearing or the £2 bets they've got for city NOT TO SCORE.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Return to The Maine Football forum