SELL, SELL, SELL!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

SELL, SELL, SELL!

Postby bluemoon » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:24 pm

I really don't think that the manager is the issue here. I'm firmly pointing the finger at the usual suspects who fail to perform again and again. It was the same under Mancini and nothing has really changed from them under Pellegrini, So Hart, Clichy, Kolarov, Milner, Garcia & Dzeko must go, enough is enough.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: SELL, SELL, SELL!

Postby Benjay » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:26 pm

I trust Txixi is onto it...he wont be happy about this. He has probably got the close season all mapped out already.
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Postby Lee_R » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:26 pm

Um.. you are aware we might not be able to buy though right?
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby bluemoon » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Benjay wrote:I trust Txixi is onto it...he wont be happy about this. He has probably got the close season all mapped out already.

I fucking hope so bud. This season promised soooooo much and it would've great to win the league in style, but sadly these clowns have let us down 2nd year running and without a fight again. Gutless wankers each and every one of them.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bluemoon » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:41 pm

Lee_R wrote:Um.. you are aware we might not be able to buy though right?

Let's cross that bridge if/when we come to it. If that French cunt and his cronies try and fuck us over, it's gonna end very bad for them when we take them to court.

For now, all I can think of is never wanting to see the above named wankers play for us again.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PeterParker » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:47 pm

Why Garcia?

Why Kolarov?

Kolarov finally had a good season at us, while Garcia looks settled and was very good on Anfield and ok tonight. Agree with the rest though, even with Big Ed, who, funny enough, at the moments he really is our in-form striker.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Crossie » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:50 pm

Look at what you are all turning into.

We can't win the league every season and ITS NOT FUCKING OVER YET.

People are acting like spoilt children. We should be more than used to disappointment. 19 clubs in the league end up disappointed every season.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:52 pm

Benjay wrote:I trust Txixi is onto it...he wont be happy about this. He has probably got the close season all mapped out already.

I don't trust him onto it to be honest. He has been here how long now and has done how much about this?

I do agree with Crossie here, just because we didn't win the League doesn't mean it's all over.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:56 pm

We won't win the league this season and dreaming we might still do it is crazy.But dumping most of the players just because we were crap tonight is also crazy.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby jimtolmie_tache » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:57 pm

Crossie wrote:
People are acting like spoilt children. We should be more than used to disappointment. 19 clubs in the league end up disappointed every season.

18. Arsenal always very happy with their fourth place.

I'm worried about the 3 world class players who may go. Yaya, I think, will spend the rest of his career here, but there will be plenty of takers for Vinny, Daveed and Sergio. Especially Sergio, who I suspect is halfway out the door, especially if he becomes a WC winner. There's more transfer bollocks about him than any other player, and as it always seems to come from an active agent, it gives you half a clue what is going on, even if the clubs involved change.
jimtolmie_tache
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby guv111 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:04 pm

Crossie wrote:Look at what you are all turning into.

We've won it once. That's underachieving, especially when their aren't 19 other clubs with a realistic chance of winning the league, there are about four - and we're one of that four.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby roblues » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:06 pm

guv111 wrote:

We've won it once. That's underachieving, especially when their aren't 19 other clubs with a realistic chance of winning the league, there are about four - and we're one of that four.

Once out of two realistic attempts IT'S NOT FUCKING OVER YET IN BIGGER LETTERS
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:11 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:We won't win the league this season and dreaming we might still do it is crazy.But dumping most of the players just because we were crap tonight is also crazy.

Agreed. Also, who exactly would we sell too. After all, most it would appear, are on really good money. Do we really sell 5/6 players and buy half a team again and wait for them to gel like Spuds have done?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby jimtolmie_tache » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:19 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:We won't win the league this season and dreaming we might still do it is crazy.But dumping most of the players just because we were crap tonight is also crazy.

Agreed. Also, who exactly would we sell too. After all, most it would appear, are on really good money. Do we really sell 5/6 players and buy half a team again and wait for them to gel like Spuds have done?

That's the thing, there's only 3 or 4 players that teams with serious money would want, the very ones we don't want to go.

Dzeko would be a target for some middling German club maybe, a Schalke, well what kind of replacement would we get with their sort of money? Anybody good in Europe is likely to be out of our reach with FFP, and forget South America - look at the players Sunderland have signed direct from Argentina, who were apparently big title-winning stars there, but are shit in the PL.

We've been running up the down escalator for five years, Platini's trying to speed it up, I think we've done bloody well to stay in contention for anything.
jimtolmie_tache
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Goataldo » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:43 pm

Can we make a sticky called 'MORONIC REACTIONARY BOLLOCKS' and merge all this bullshit please?
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:56 am

Goataldo wrote:Can we make a sticky called 'MORONIC REACTIONARY BOLLOCKS' and merge all this bullshit please?

So yr saying that pointing out that half the team having a shit match in about every other match when the chips are down is an overreaction?

We've proven ourselves "quadruplegic"....that fucking bollocks from kompany gave karma a sting in her tail and we've been struck by voodoo.

Cheeky better put his foot so far up the Count's ass that he sucks Big Rubes on these bitches and sets them straight.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:04 am

jimtolmie_tache wrote:
18. Arsenal always very happy with their fourth place.

I'm worried about the 3 world class players who may go. Yaya, I think, will spend the rest of his career here, but there will be plenty of takers for Vinny, Daveed and Sergio. Especially Sergio, who I suspect is halfway out the door, especially if he becomes a WC winner. There's more transfer bollocks about him than any other player, and as it always seems to come from an active agent, it gives you half a clue what is going on, even if the clubs involved change.

I'll be honest, I'd take a big transfer for Aguero, £50m any day of the week.

I like him, he seems a great guy, but he is never fit, and when he is on the pitch he often contributes just as little as Dzeko other than putting the ball in the net. He just isn't tall and awkward, and sometimes runs around a lot so fans give him a free ride and he gets away with it.

Falcao?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:10 am

PeterParker wrote:Why Garcia?

Why Kolarov?

Kolarov finally had a good season at us, while Garcia looks settled and was very good on Anfield and ok tonight. Agree with the rest though, even with Big Ed, who, funny enough, at the moments he really is our in-form striker.

Both of them are simply shit and certainly not required talent in their respective positions to hold place in a team aiming to win truckload of titles. Never mind having them as our starters.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby dazby » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:57 am

To be fair, bluemoon also wanted to sell all of our players when we were shit. This is nothing new.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:00 am

playing devils advocate, what has txi done despite fuck up the season by not bringing in mangala/fernand or similar?

I miss cook
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Return to The Maine Football forum