We don't deserve the title

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

We don't deserve the title

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:25 pm

Empty seats, no backing for the team just moaning, a manager who just lets a key game drift when he can see we are in danger of fucking it up, players with no discipline in any area of the pitch (the free kicks we gave away out wide, first half, were a sign that the whole team had their heads up their arses.)

Liverpool are fighting & playing above themselves & the fans are right up for it. Chelsea have an inferior squad but are grafting through games.

We have everything going for us, top players throughout the squad, & we are consistently pissing away chance after chance, with stupid fucking brainless mistakes & the fans can barely raise a bit of a cheer half the time, when they can be arsed to turn up.

Tonight wasn't a team fighting for the title, either players fans or manager; it was a waste of fucking time. I hated being there.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: We don't deserve the title

Postby guv111 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:31 pm

Nope, they weren't fighting for the title tonight, and they weren't at the end of last season, either. Two different managers, and the same result on the pitch. Common element - the players.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Goataldo » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:42 pm

Damn straight we don't. It's one thing getting shafted by bad decisions, but when it comes down to it, there's not enough belief, passion, fight. And I agree that it goes through the manager, players, and fans.

Our fans were a disgrace this evening. If passionate fans lift the team, dispassionate, nervous, shuffling shoegazers who can't be arsed putting any effort in, also transfers to the players. Couldn't understand it at the game, and cannot fathom it still; how people don't join to motivate the team at this stage of the season, in the position we were in. A few were trying to maintain some semblance of atmosphere, of unity, of encouragement - most just could not be arsed. I was genuinely embarrassed. Pathetic.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby mancitymark » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:51 pm

If you were one of the 1000`s who got up and left at 1-2 ....... Fuck off and never come back.

Wankers
mancitymark
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:02 am

mancitymark wrote:If you were one of the 1000`s who got up and left at 1-2 ....... Fuck off and never come back.

Wankers

I agree. Anyone who leaves early can fuck off. What's the point?? I don't care if you want to miss the traffic whatever. Support the team or don't go to the game. Our atmosphere has been shit this season at Ethiad. Too many plastics, tourists and moaners
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby roblues » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:09 am

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
mancitymark wrote:If you were one of the 1000`s who got up and left at 1-2 ....... Fuck off and never come back.

Wankers

I agree. Anyone who leaves early can fuck off. What's the point?? I don't care if you want to miss the traffic whatever. Support the team or don't go to the game. Our atmosphere has been shit this season at Ethiad. Too many plastics, tourists and moaners

Part of this is accurate and another part is complete bollocks.
Leaving early is poor form, too many leaving to pretend it is justified by the emergencies of the very few.
Our atmosphere has been, except for derbies and huge games, shit since we moved. The 'plastics' and 'tourists', if they are a sizeable group, are just as quiet as the legitimate shit-days Blues that they have allegedly replaced.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:48 am

Zero. Fucking. Swagger.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby getdressedmctavish » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:17 am

Five hours there, five hours back thanks to the M62/60 and the M6 closed. Sat Nav thought I ought to get to know Burton on Trent for some reason. I said to the lads in front of me at the end, "this team has been bottling it from day one of the project". We keep buying these bland nobodies like Garcia, Dzeko and Fernandinho. And clearly the Count left him self with no options tonight. Fuck me, when you need a goal and bring Rodwell on, your struggling.The worst bit was watching Milner. Did I ask for him to be played more often?Thought the crowd did ok in the circumstances.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby phips » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:33 am

no, we dont deserve it. Liverpool are the best team in the league so they deserve it.

we dont deserve it after absolutely going into the tank for the last number of months.

bring on next season. good first season for Manuel.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:00 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Empty seats, no backing for the team just moaning, a manager who just lets a key game drift when he can see we are in danger of fucking it up, players with no discipline in any area of the pitch (the free kicks we gave away out wide, first half, were a sign that the whole team had their heads up their arses.)

Liverpool are fighting & playing above themselves & the fans are right up for it. Chelsea have an inferior squad but are grafting through games.

We have everything going for us, top players throughout the squad, & we are consistently pissing away chance after chance, with stupid fucking brainless mistakes & the fans can barely raise a bit of a cheer half the time, when they can be arsed to turn up.

Tonight wasn't a team fighting for the title, either players fans or manager; it was a waste of fucking time. I hated being there.

It was odd, very flat atmosphere came through the TV, and speaking to a few of my mates, half of them didn't go, and the ones who did said it was the worst vibe around a game for a long long time, even when we went ahead the crowd almost knew that a second was needed but got edgy rather than spur them on to it.

Strange and at the same time slightly worrying. But it's one game out of 38 and at the end of the day it wouldn't matter so much had we not turned in performances like this earlier in the season.

Onwards and upwards
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:17 am

I'm trying to be as calm as I can so I will say that we lack that one shining diamond who will carry us on his back on game like this. Yaya has been that many times but I mean one truly elite player like Tranaldo or Messi or how Gerrard has been for Scousers in key moments over the years or how Lampard was for Chelsea in his prime. Kompany is fine captain, one of the finest we've had in our history, but I'm talking about that bit of extra magic.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:41 am

The scum won it with a shit team, I say team. Scousers or Chelsea this season have shown what can be done, with less talent.

We are the best paid, not the best players or management. Fans left at FT 20,000 how the fuck is that big club, wankers the cunts who need to leave at 79 mins 3 in east lev 2, every game,, disgrace, we are soft a top club never let's that happen and it happens to regular.

Barry and Tevez are huge misses as they both showed more fight than anyone barring Zabba shit night and another let down. I said it was a mistake to let both go.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby gilford » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:53 am

I'm not blaming Pellers, the team were shocking last night, no heart at all considering we were still right in the title mix at tea time yesterday.

He can only do so much, the minute the players cross that white line they have a job to do, they just don't do it at the strangest times!

I know if I was in the world press for being the highest paid person in my field and was playing that night I would have a point to prove, sadly our guys just played like a mid table team and didn't seem to care?

Same old shit different manager, it's the players, don't blame Pellers.

I think even under the best manager in the world things would be the same...........
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby Wooders » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:55 am

I'd have to say that liverpool deserve it more
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Benjay » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:36 am

Wooders wrote:I'd have to say that liverpool deserve it more

They do. You cannot argue it. And they seem to have a drive and spirit on the pitch that frankly I wish we had. Technically they are not as good but team spirit is getting them through it. And they seem to respect lesser teams - something we have not done in the last 2 years.
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Postby Cit.revenge » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:55 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Empty seats, no backing for the team just moaning, a manager who just lets a key game drift when he can see we are in danger of fucking it up, players with no discipline in any area of the pitch (the free kicks we gave away out wide, first half, were a sign that the whole team had their heads up their arses.)

I agree particullary about fans, Ok moan on forum all you want but when i see close up of some 20 guys looking with cross hands a fucking game like he is at house and silent Etihad when u have game for title i would brake my tv. I don't watch 60% of the game when i m on game , You are on game to cheer and make roarrrs . Also players wtf was that?! And can anybody say to me why Aguero is nowhere and why start game with two up front one did not score goal since decembar second just come back and plus we do not have midfield (two importan players that we do not have sub for), and if u see that crap after first half then save that 1 0 , bring on midfielder and play with one up front. Fans did not deserve i ,players did not deserve it ,neither Peller's is deserve a title. I can't believe how crap was Milner last night and play all game ,and Hart i just average keeper i must say that (goal from angle in hes corner. Where he was standing it s like player is coming from centar at him),he save some but he take away all he save.
Last edited by Cit.revenge on Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:05 am

Spot on.

You wont win a league dropping 5 points to the worse team in the league, its as simple as that. Also doesnt help there's a pack of fannys in the team.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Benjay » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:08 am

I wonder what Pellers targets were this season? Forget the 5 trophies in 5 seasons bollocks. If it was a trophy, a good stab at the league and knock out staged of CL then perhaps its job done. I think its the fact we could have done so much better that grates.
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Postby Breks » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:15 am

Wankers

I said to a few that left around that time that I bet they missed Aguerooooooooooooooooooooooooo against Qpr. Total wankers
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Cit.revenge » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:29 am

Breks wrote:

Wankers

I said to a few that left around that time that I bet they missed Aguerooooooooooooooooooooooooo against Qpr. Total wankers

That season was a fucking great atmosphere at Etihad.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum