We don't deserve the title

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: We don't deserve the title

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:13 am

Nick wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Empty seats, no backing for the team just moaning, a manager who just lets a key game drift when he can see we are in danger of fucking it up, players with no discipline in any area of the pitch (the free kicks we gave away out wide, first half, were a sign that the whole team had their heads up their arses.)

Liverpool are fighting & playing above themselves & the fans are right up for it. Chelsea have an inferior squad but are grafting through games.

We have everything going for us, top players throughout the squad, & we are consistently pissing away chance after chance, with stupid fucking brainless mistakes & the fans can barely raise a bit of a cheer half the time, when they can be arsed to turn up.

Tonight wasn't a team fighting for the title, either players fans or manager; it was a waste of fucking time. I hated being there.

100%

im sorry but we need to do away with mid week games because the atmosphere is bad enough on weekend, saturday 3pm games.

I can rarely make mid week night games and look what happens when I can't............ (tounge in cheek)
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Crossie » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:51 am

We've gone up our own arses.

We expect to beat everyone 5-0 and be royally entertained as its done.

We are partly responsible. Imagine the Liverpool game atmosphere being created by us last night, would we have drawn? Would we fuck, we'd have pumped them 6-0. Its fucking wank that we can create a better atmosphere in the 3rd league tier when we're 11th in that league than we can when we're fighting for the league title in the best league in the world.

The fact is we've been spoilt. After years of bullshit, we see some glory and expect it every year. It doesn't happen like that.

You NEVER give up, you never say die, you fight for every inch and have Pride In Battle.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby gilford » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:02 am

Crossie wrote:
You NEVER give up, you never say die, you fight for every inch and have Pride In Battle.

If only our players would recognise this! It seems everyone BUT the players do!
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:19 am

It is a rare on any football message board for a post which bags the fans and the team to get a mostly measured and thought out response.

I could not agree with the OP more. We really do not deserve to win the title and even if we go on by some sort of miracle to win the title it will be one that we won by default.

The tempo of our game and the atmosphere in the ground last night was one which suited an end of season game that meant fuck all. I wonder if those two things are linked.

Our home crowd’s attitude towards games these days is getting embarrassing. We used to slag of Arsenal and Man United but I reckon we are worse than that these days. I have a few theories on why that is.

a) Fans are too spoilt
b) We won the league once and that is one more time than any of us thought we would win it. It almost doesnt matter anymore.
c) We are only really interested in creating an atmosphere when United come to town. Barca, Real, Bayern have all been to our ground in the past two years and you would have thought we were playing West Ham by the reaction of the crowd. Would we have created the cauldron of noise on Sunday that Liverpool fans did if we had been at home on Sunday. I doubt it.

Both B&C are symptoms of small club thinking. Our owners want to reach for the sky and dominate Europe. We want to beat United.

As for the team, there are far too many passengers. For the money that was been spent on transfers and wages we are far too reliant on certain players. If Kompany, Zabaleta or Toure are missing we look useless. Those responsible for the buying of players at the club have failed to address our major weakness for the past two seasons. I like Navas and Jovetic but have they really added anything to our season? Those were not areas of the pitch that we needed extra depth. A decent center half and a guy to give Toure something to worry about / give him a rest from time to time has been missing for two seasons now.

We now need a right back that can cover for Zabba and a keeper who does not just hoof the ball back into the area where we are getting bossed about.

I've enjoyed this season as a whole, finishing a tight 3rd is a better showing than second last season without even looking like winning the title. A cup was nice but it won't look so great if Liverpool win the league and Chelsea win the CL. Infact even if they finish 3rd and make the final and lose I would still say that is a better effort than our 2nd and league cup.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby blues2win » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:26 am

Good post. Just seen Sunderland's second; a real shocker from Hart. What is it with his distribution? Do we need a new goalkeeping coach or a new goalkeeper?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mark Garrett » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:32 am

Agree with opening post and that by Rossmcfc
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:18 am

ross.mcfc wrote:It is a rare on any football message board for a post which bags the fans and the team to get a mostly measured and thought out response.

I could not agree with the OP more. We really do not deserve to win the title and even if we go on by some sort of miracle to win the title it will be one that we won by default.

The tempo of our game and the atmosphere in the ground last night was one which suited an end of season game that meant fuck all. I wonder if those two things are linked.

Our home crowd’s attitude towards games these days is getting embarrassing. We used to slag of Arsenal and Man United but I reckon we are worse than that these days. I have a few theories on why that is.

a) Fans are too spoilt
b) We won the league once and that is one more time than any of us thought we would win it. It almost doesnt matter anymore.
c) We are only really interested in creating an atmosphere when United come to town. Barca, Real, Bayern have all been to our ground in the past two years and you would have thought we were playing West Ham by the reaction of the crowd. Would we have created the cauldron of noise on Sunday that Liverpool fans did if we had been at home on Sunday. I doubt it.

Both B&C are symptoms of small club thinking. Our owners want to reach for the sky and dominate Europe. We want to beat United.

As for the team, there are far too many passengers. For the money that was been spent on transfers and wages we are far too reliant on certain players. If Kompany, Zabaleta or Toure are missing we look useless. Those responsible for the buying of players at the club have failed to address our major weakness for the past two seasons. I like Navas and Jovetic but have they really added anything to our season? Those were not areas of the pitch that we needed extra depth. A decent center half and a guy to give Toure something to worry about / give him a rest from time to time has been missing for two seasons now.

We now need a right back that can cover for Zabba and a keeper who does not just hoof the ball back into the area where we are getting bossed about.

I've enjoyed this season as a whole, finishing a tight 3rd is a better showing than second last season without even looking like winning the title. A cup was nice but it won't look so great if Liverpool win the league and Chelsea win the CL. Infact even if they finish 3rd and make the final and lose I would still say that is a better effort than our 2nd and league cup.

This is a very accurate and precise post indeed.

Last seasons excuse was that all the players hated the manager - whats this years excuse? Too holistic?

Im reliably told by way too many that Pellegrini is a managerial genius and tactically brilliant. What the hell is a 4-4-2 then - Mike fookin Bassett can come up with that?

Not only a 4-4-2, but a flat 4-4-2 with no wingers; a flat 4-4-2 with two central midfielders, neither of whom advance beyond the front pair; a flat 4-4-2 with the central strikers woefully inadequate to do the job required Im afraid.

You cant play 4-4-2 when of the two up top, one is rustier than Terry Waite's bicycle - indeed Sergio played like he was dragging Terry's famed radiator around with him as well - and the other striker who is so woefully out of touch/form/ability that its fookin painful to watch him. That game cried out for Jovetic and even Dzeko up top last night to create some sort of threat up top. Sadly, and very stupidly, this came too late.
Last edited by Goaters 103 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby patrickblue » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:14 pm

mancitymark wrote:If you were one of the 1000`s who got up and left at 1-2 ....... Fuck off and never come back.

Wankers

Agree 100%.
There's been so many threads on here about this, and it always ends in "i paid my money, I can do what I like"
I'm in 110, supposedly the hard core, passionate section.
Every game starts with people turning up late, half time seems to start at around 40 minutes and end around 60 minutes.
Then any time around 75 minutes on, off they all start to go.
TBH, it actually ruins the whole thing for me.
Bring back the terraces, where no fucker can get out.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Crossie » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:01 pm

patrickblue wrote:
mancitymark wrote:If you were one of the 1000`s who got up and left at 1-2 ....... Fuck off and never come back.

Wankers

Agree 100%.
There's been so many threads on here about this, and it always ends in "i paid my money, I can do what I like"
Every game starts with people turning up late, half time seems to start at around 40 minutes and end around 60 minutes.

The development of the stadium is a massive chance to put some safe standing in and sort out the atmosphere.

Its also a MASSIVE CHANCE to sort out the traffic situation around the stadium, stopping people from feeling the need to leave early
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:16 pm

we bottled it. no getting around that fact. something in our chemistry needs to change...roll on summer transfer window.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:36 pm

Mark Garrett wrote:Agree with opening post and that by Rossmcfc

I'm still too disappointed to properly express my feelings but I agree with lot of posts in this thread, incl.OP & rossmcfc
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby gillie » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:43 pm

There is a banner at klanfield that say's "Dare to Dream" We should have one that say's "Recurring Nightmare"
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby patrickblue » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Crossie wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Wankers

Agree 100%.

The development of the stadium is a massive chance to put some safe standing in and sort out the atmosphere.

Its also a MASSIVE CHANCE to sort out the traffic situation around the stadium, stopping people from feeling the need to leave early

Seeing that the whole of 109 and 110 stand all the time, I can't see safe standing areas making any difference.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby RodneyRodney » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:22 pm

I think letting Tevez go was a factor ; the mad bugger would fight like a wild dog for everything , and that's something we needed tonight
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:38 pm

Watching the game last night we were clueless once in the oppos half, by the time we were on the edge of their box, there were 10 defenders, no silva = no cutting edge. No yaya = no speed on the break,
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby EEE » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:35 pm

First of all, I'll agree with most of what's said in this thread. Especially Ted and ross.mcfc. There really aren't any excuses for the disaster of performance of yesterday (mainly players but also fans). I was ashamed of what I saw and felt betrayed in a way. However, even with that said, it's wrong to write off our team as complete non fighters. Even though we haven`t shown it as often as we should - there have still been cases when we have been showing fight, grit and team spirit. Times when I`ve been proud of my team for those exact values.

Second, this doesn't really belong in this thread (optimism) but I can't help myself. NEVER GIVE UP! A lot of IF's one might argue bit it isn't as far fetched as some thinks.

1. We need to win the rest of our games. After yesterdays display that doesn't look likely. But contrary to what most would think, I believe that we will get together, show the fight that we should have shown yesterday (once again, no excuses), and win all the remaining five games.

2. If we we win our remaining five games; the title is ours if;

- Liverpool drops at least 3 points (a loss; our GD needs to be better than theirs, or two draws)

- and Chelsea draws one game.

If the Liverpool - Chelsea game ends with a draw (far from impossible), all we need is Liverpool to draw away against either Norwich or Crystal Palace (far from impossible).

I might be naive but I believe that Liverpool will draw w Norwich this week and then draw w Chelsea in two weeks. We win our five games and the league, if so, we deserve it.

Cheerio.
EEE
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: V. Kompany

Postby Benjay » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:48 pm

EEE wrote:First of all, I'll agree with most of what's said in this thread. Especially Ted and ross.mcfc. There really aren't any excuses for the disaster of performance of yesterday (mainly players but also fans). I was ashamed of what I saw and felt betrayed in a way. However, even with that said, it's wrong to write off our team as complete non fighters. Even though we haven`t shown it as often as we should - there have still been cases when we have been showing fight, grit and team spirit. Times when I`ve been proud of my team for those exact values.

Second, this doesn't really belong in this thread (optimism) but I can't help myself. NEVER GIVE UP! A lot of IF's one might argue bit it isn't as far fetched as some thinks.

1. We need to win the rest of our games. After yesterdays display that doesn't look likely. But contrary to what most would think, I believe that we will get together, show the fight that we should have shown yesterday (once again, no excuses), and win all the remaining five games.

2. If we we win our remaining five games; the title is ours if;

- Liverpool drops at least 3 points (a loss; our GD needs to be better than theirs, or two draws)

- and Chelsea draws one game.

If the Liverpool - Chelsea game ends with a draw (far from impossible), all we need is Liverpool to draw away against either Norwich or Crystal Palace (far from impossible).

I might be naive but I believe that Liverpool will draw w Norwich this week and then draw w Chelsea in two weeks. We win our five games and the league, if so, we deserve it.

Cheerio.

I admire your optimism I really do. I cannot see Liverpool fucking this up. Their Chelsea game is massive (for them) but they have momentum and we should know how much that counts from 2 years ago.
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Postby Benjay » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:49 pm

....our responses to Everton and Palace - when they fly at us will be very interesting.
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Postby EEE » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:11 pm

Sure Liverpool has momentum and I would argue that momentum (both over a period of time and in spells during a single game) is one of the most fascinating and loveable factors in sports. What`s magic about momentum is that it could arise when no one expects it BUT also be gone in a second due to a sudden and unexpected change of matters.

Come Sunday and Suarez gets a red card, Skrtel scores an own goal or (and) Norwich simply plays a blinder and grinds out a lucky 1-1 draw, that momentum that makes Liverpool perform way over their standards would be gone and things would look way different again.
EEE
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: V. Kompany

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:27 pm

Whoever gets the most points deserves to win the title, regardless. All this slagging the fans, players and manager is just symptomatic of any club. We're no different and we as fans have been very similar for many years. Due to lack of success we've grown older as a supporter and probably more weary of singing for our team. Now, we are starting to produce it's only the hardened oldies and the up for it youngsters who will give it for the 90 minutes.

We've all seen it, all those people with their flasks and shouts of 'Sit Down', and there are quite a few. These are the die-hard fans who still deserve respect for the support they've shown through the years but now the whinging bastards want them away because they no longer give it the full lung.

Grow the fuck up.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum