We don't deserve the title

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: We don't deserve the title

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:55 am

Rag_hater wrote:Good discussion,no preaching at all.

Provoking
Original Dub

Postby twosips » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:11 pm

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... Square-WBA?

It does look like they know the atmosphere is shite. Not convinced they know what to do about it though.. I can't help but roll my eyes though at things like the 'BMX half pipe display team'. Sigh. It's childish and gimmicky. I'd expect it at the fucking superbowl or half time at an NBA game or sumat. Fuck that crap.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:31 pm

they should sack off the whole match day experience thing... it sterilises the support
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:34 pm

All going to plan.

Liverpool will win the league and Captain Fantastic to be Player of the Year.

Its what everybody wants.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby blues2win » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:58 pm

We may not deserve it but we can still do it! If we do we'll deserve it!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby ross.mcfc » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:17 pm

blues2win wrote:We may not deserve it but we can still do it! If we do we'll deserve it!

The league table never lies, if we are at the the top at the end then we are the team that deserves to win it.

Our home fans on the other hand don't.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:57 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
The league table never lies, if we are at the the top at the end then we are the team that deserves to win it.

Nail on head mate
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Chopper » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:15 pm

nottsblue wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:

Nail on head mate

Injuries, dodgy calls and a rub of the green do factor in though.

Just Sayin
Chopper
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:22 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:

nottsblue wrote:
Nail on head mate

Chopper wrote:
Injuries, dodgy calls and a rub of the green do factor in though.

Just Sayin

We've had our share of the rub of the green to be fair. Been unlucky with injuries but thats what the squad is for. Over the 38 games the team at the top rarely, if ever, doesn't deserve it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby guv111 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:44 pm

failsworthblue wrote:Liverpool will win the league and Captain Fantastic to be Player of the Year.
I

Steven Gerrard is the best player in Europe now, apparently. If you are Brendan Rodgers.

Suddenly, ten years of fifty yard wellies over the head of a team mates and into touch never happened. It's amazing what one half decent season can do - if you are English and your mates in the media decide it is so.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby john@staustell » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:37 am

Why does everything have to have such a deep meaning?

Football is football. no one has any God given right to win the league. I come from a time when you often dknow who would win until the last game or 2. PL era has ruined all that.

Situation is - if Liverpool lose one game (hopefully home to Chelsea) we will win the League if we win all ours. Not beyond the bounds of possibility by any means.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Benjay » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:48 am

With regard to Jose's comments last night where he makes 4 thank yous - what is anyones interpretation of the fourth one? Is he alluding to bias towards Liverpool? He clearly is not alluding to Chelsea and I cannot think that we have had it easy but Liverpool....
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Postby Woodyblue » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:37 am

john@staustell wrote:Why does everything have to have such a deep meaning? Football is football. no one has any God given right to win the league. I come from a time when you often dknow who would win until the last game or 2. PL era has ruined all that. Situation is - if Liverpool lose one game (hopefully home to Chelsea) we will win the League if we win all ours. Not beyond the bounds of possibility by any means.

This. Nail on head.
Woodyblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mario Ballotelli

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:50 am

Benjay wrote:With regard to Jose's comments last night where he makes 4 thank yous - what is anyones interpretation of the fourth one? Is he alluding to bias towards Liverpool? He clearly is not alluding to Chelsea and I cannot think that we have had it easy but Liverpool....

He is rightly aiming that at Liverpool which is why Refknapp did all he could to belittle Maureen's comments. Redknapp's blubbering bias was amateur. Maureen may also have been talking more generally 'everyone gets decisions but us' sort of attitude.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:29 am

This thread says everything I know to be true, but have been hiding from for a week. This week has gutted me well and truly.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:46 am

South Stand Balti wrote:He is rightly aiming that at Liverpool which is why Refknapp did all he could to belittle Maureen's comments. Redknapp's blubbering bias was amateur. Maureen may also have been talking more generally 'everyone gets decisions but us' sort of attitude.

Redknapp was truly embarrassing.

I pointed it out to the missus straight after jose did the interview. I said to watch how irritated and excited redknapp gets and it's the most opinionated the boring cunt has ever been on sky.

All of a sudden he had meaning and passion.

Like every other fucking dormant dipper I've had to endure for the last month or so.

I hate mourinho but I loved that interview. The officials all want "jft96"
Original Dub

Postby EEE » Sun May 11, 2014 9:57 pm

EEE wrote:First of all, I'll agree with most of what's said in this thread. Especially Ted and ross.mcfc. There really aren't any excuses for the disaster of performance of yesterday (mainly players but also fans). I was ashamed of what I saw and felt betrayed in a way. However, even with that said, it's wrong to write off our team as complete non fighters. Even though we haven`t shown it as often as we should - there have still been cases when we have been showing fight, grit and team spirit. Times when I`ve been proud of my team for those exact values.

Second, this doesn't really belong in this thread (optimism) but I can't help myself. NEVER GIVE UP! A lot of IF's one might argue bit it isn't as far fetched as some thinks.

1. We need to win the rest of our games. After yesterdays display that doesn't look likely. But contrary to what most would think, I believe that we will get together, show the fight that we should have shown yesterday (once again, no excuses), and win all the remaining five games.

2. If we we win our remaining five games; the title is ours if;

- Liverpool drops at least 3 points (a loss; our GD needs to be better than theirs, or two draws)

- and Chelsea draws one game.

If the Liverpool - Chelsea game ends with a draw (far from impossible), all we need is Liverpool to draw away against either Norwich or Crystal Palace (far from impossible).

I might be naive but I believe that Liverpool will draw w Norwich this week and then draw w Chelsea in two weeks. We win our five games and the league, if so, we deserve it.

Cheerio.

Champions! And we rightly deserved the title. Had to look back at this thread because at that point it looked all gloomy. And, sure there been bumps along the way but we put ourselves together and won our last five games. Proud of my team. Champions!
EEE
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: V. Kompany

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun May 11, 2014 10:47 pm

We've got bottle and that's what makes you title-winners. Best team in the league by a mile.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum