Perspective.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Perspective.

Postby Lee_R » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:32 am

1976-2011 0 cups in 35 years

2011-2014 3 cups in 3 years (+ CS)

2013> forecast 5 cups in 5 years.

So were on target... and this season is considered a bit of a faliure.

Come on lads.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Re: Perspective.

Postby Crossie » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:36 am

Here here

We'll be back next season bigger and better.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby littlebig » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:53 am

True indeed, Sheikh Mansour's is a long term project. Bitterly disappointing to see this year's title fade into the distance as with last year's too but we will continue to grow and learn CTID
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:03 am

Lee_R wrote:1976-2011 0 cups in 35 years

2011-2014 3 cups in 3 years (+ CS)

2013> forecast 5 cups in 5 years.

So were on target... and this season is considered a bit of a faliure.

Come on lads.

For me that is the tip of the ice berg of the good times we are having with this team but nontheless well said.
Rag_hater

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:04 am

Crossie wrote:Here here

We'll be back next season bigger and better.

We said the same thing last season, in another 12 months will we be saying the same again??
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:05 am

Totally agree, its always better to have a sleep on it and let the anger subside a little. However, when we wont the title, you could see the players WANTED it, they fought for every ball, they played with a spirit and intensity that others couldn't match or live with. Look at the QPR game stats, it was a freak game, we murdered them, if it was a boxing match it would have been stopped way before full time.

Take the above and apply it to Liverpool, they have the eye of the tiger, hunger, desire to win at all costs. You can see the difference in the two teams application. We have the quality but if you dont want it as much as the opposition then you are in danger of losing and thats what has happened to us IMO.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Breks » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:08 am

Some of the shit I heard when leaving the stadium was unbelievable. We're in good shape for the future what is wrong with people.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:15 am

Wonderwall wrote:Totally agree, its always better to have a sleep on it and let the anger subside a little. However, when we wont the title, you could see the players WANTED it, they fought for every ball, they played with a spirit and intensity that others couldn't match or live with. Look at the QPR game stats, it was a freak game, we murdered them, if it was a boxing match it would have been stopped way before full time.

Take the above and apply it to Liverpool, they have the eye of the tiger, hunger, desire to win at all costs. You can see the difference in the two teams application. We have the quality but if you dont want it as much as the opposition then you are in danger of losing and thats what has happened to us IMO.

I thought it was because Clattercunt did not send the goofy cunt off.
Rag_hater

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:17 am

Breks wrote:Some of the shit I heard when leaving the stadium was unbelievable. We're in good shape for the future what is wrong with people.

We aren't in "good shape" I don't believe.

We need to move players on in all parts of the field and get some players in with some balls.

We need to swap at least one striker, midfielder and CB. We seriously need a fucking goalie. And we need a FB or two.

Not exactly good shape as far as I can tell. Shifting 6 or 7 out and 5 or 6 in is going to be pretty challenging.

I wouldn't trust this team to deliver a piss up in a brewery as they say.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:20 am

Rag_hater wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Totally agree, its always better to have a sleep on it and let the anger subside a little. However, when we wont the title, you could see the players WANTED it, they fought for every ball, they played with a spirit and intensity that others couldn't match or live with. Look at the QPR game stats, it was a freak game, we murdered them, if it was a boxing match it would have been stopped way before full time.

The refs mistakes do not affect a players/teams desire. in liverpools case they help it. Nice to know you're listening and learning
Wonderwall

Postby Original Dub » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:22 am

Rag_hater wrote:

Raggy, are you trying to wind up real city fans again?

Tut tut ...
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:22 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

The refs mistakes do not affect a players/teams desire. in liverpools case they help it. Nice to know you're listening and learning

So the goofy cunts desire to con the ref is not a thing to be considered.
Rag_hater

Postby Breks » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:28 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
We aren't in "good shape" I don't believe.

We need to move players on in all parts of the field and get some players in with some balls.

We need to swap at least one striker, midfielder and CB. We seriously need a fucking goalie. And we need a FB or two.

Not exactly good shape as far as I can tell. Shifting 6 or 7 out and 5 or 6 in is going to be pretty challenging.

I wouldn't trust this team to deliver a piss up in a brewery as they say.

Are you serious? Course we're in good shape. We have money to improve the squad. We have invested heavily in youth. We are extending the stadium and we have a new training ground. We will be in the Champions league next season and we won a cup. So you tell me how we are not in good shape?
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Mark Garrett » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:30 am

For those fans who think everything is alright are living in a deluded place.

This side is not a patch on the 2011-12 title winning side. That team fought, battled, came back on numerous occasions, contrary to some belief we played fantastic football during that season scoring 93 goals and having the best defensive record.

This side goes missing in games, thinks it is better than it is, coasts through games which ends up costing us - see last night, away to Villa, away to Cardiff, away to Fulham despite us winning. Too complacent. Our defending is woeful and we have got away with it alot of the time this season.

This season, we will lose the League to a team who finished 7th last season or a side without a top class centre forward.

Pellegrini may be a nice bloke but ultimately he is not good enough, nor are some of the players who just believe they have to turn up and win.

I didn't think we would the League this season the moment Mancini was sacked, even less so when Pellegrini was appointed. If we keep him as Manager we can forget winning the League next season too. I hope he proves me wrong but so far he has just proved me right that he isn't good enough Manager to win titles
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:35 am

Original Dub wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

Raggy, are you trying to wind up real city fans again?

Tut tut ...

Winding up pissartists like you real CITY fans could not give a fuck about me
Rag_hater

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:38 am

Rag_hater wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

this is not a thread about you sweetie, keep OT
Wonderwall

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:42 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

this is not a thread about you sweetie, keep OT

It's about perspective is it not ,a quality which you seem to be missing.
Rag_hater

Postby Lee_R » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 am

Mark Garrett wrote:For those fans who think everything is alright are living in a deluded place.

This side is not a patch on the 2011-12 title winning side. That team fought, battled, came back on numerous occasions, contrary to some belief we played fantastic football during that season scoring 93 goals and having the best defensive record.

This side goes missing in games, thinks it is better than it is, coasts through games which ends up costing us - see last night, away to Villa, away to Cardiff, away to Fulham despite us winning. Too complacent. Our defending is woeful and we have got away with it alot of the time this season.

This season, we will lose the League to a team who finished 7th last season or a side without a top class centre forward.

Pellegrini may be a nice bloke but ultimately he is not good enough, nor are some of the players who just believe they have to turn up and win.

I didn't think we would the League this season the moment Mancini was sacked, even less so when Pellegrini was appointed. If we keep him as Manager we can forget winning the League next season too. I hope he proves me wrong but so far he has just proved me right that he isn't good enough Manager to win titles

You need to take CL into consideration and also Pellegrini took a month or so to find his feet this season. Injuries etc too.... come on.
Lee_R

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Mark Garrett » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:07 am

Yep Lee he deserves some credit for getting us out the group but lets not sugar coat it the group apart from Bayern was weak, certainly in comparison with the two previous group stages that we had faced.

Winning the League Cup, again he deserves credit.

As I say I don't think he is the right Manager, I never did. If we had to move on Roberto Mancini then we should upgrade not downgrade to Pellegrini.

Ancelotti would have been ideal. Proven winner in League and in Europe.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:23 am

Aguero has missed 1/2 this season, if Suarez missed as many games, Liverpool would not be anywhere near top. There are so many factors, however, thats what the 25 man squad is all about. when we wont the title we were very lucky with injuries that season. It does impact the team and tactics when you lose key players. We have had Silva out for spells, Nasri, Toure,Aguero, Negredo, Kompany. All key players that have been injured this season.

Scouse had a few but defensive issues early doors, but not as much as we have to our top players.s
Wonderwall

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum