Swap Deals

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Swap Deals

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:47 am

Did anyone else expect these suddenly to become more prevalent as soon as FFP came into effect? I'm actually pretty disappointed they didn't, as there would be some pretty interesting business done. Maybe it will go that way in time.

I reckon Arsenal should be trying to bag Cavani by dangling Ozil, while Chelsea could offer Courtois and Torres for Diego Costa.

We need a new central defender. Who could we go for and who would we offer in exchange? Koscielny could do a job and may fancy it. They might fancy Micah in return.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Re: Swap Deals

Postby roblues » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:00 pm

Not sure if you use Twitter much, but Arsenal fans think Koscielny is better than Kompany - it would take more than a back-up right back to lure him away, certainly a plus-cash deal or if the rumoured interest in Edin is true, Dzeko+Micah.

Milner for Lallana? Not sure the Count has a place in his set up for a grafter like Jimmy.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Swap Deals

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:05 pm

roblues wrote:Not sure if you use Twitter much, but Arsenal fans think Koscielny is better than Kompany - it would take more than a back-up right back to lure him away, certainly a plus-cash deal or if the rumoured interest in Edin is true, Dzeko+Micah.

Milner for Lallana? Not sure the Count has a place in his set up for a grafter like Jimmy.

Milner is underused but I'm not sure he'd be up for Southampton. I couldn't see him going lower than Spurs. I think MP probably likes being able to use him every now and then without him kicking up a stink.

I like Koscielny and it probably would take a wedge to bag him. That said, Arsenal seem completely unable to hang onto their best players.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum