Fellaini

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Fellaini

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:31 am

Cheeky bid ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: Fellaini

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:34 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Cheeky bid ?

Now you are taking the piss
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby blues2win » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:35 am

Bog brush? It"s too early to be on the piss surely.. Get a grip Ted.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby dazby » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:39 am

Mata maybe. What the hell Ted?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Lee_R » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:41 am

Disco Fellaini.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:07 am

Loads of people on here wanted us to sign Fellaini.

Now nobody wants him.

Fickle if you ask me.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:08 am

I thought the £1.50 Wilko's Bog Brush would've lasted longer.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:51 am

Very funny Ted , but they won't let him go ; still need him to clean out the toilet with
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Alioune DVToure » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:57 am

I'll probably (definitely) cop a load of shit for this, but I reckon Wellbeck could do a job for us as a squad player if we could get him on the cheap. Good movement, good attitude, works his bollocks off and can play in a couple of positions. Not a world-beater but ideal for a long season in four competitions. Plus he's English, (quite) young and rumoured to be pissed off at the Swamp.

We should have the feelers out for Christian Eriksen and Luke Shaw as well.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:02 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:I'll probably (definitely) cop a load of shit for this, but I reckon Wellbeck could do a job for us as a squad player if we could get him on the cheap. Good movement, good attitude, works his bollocks off and can play in a couple of positions. Not a world-beater but ideal for a long season in four competitions. Plus he's English, (quite) young and rumoured to be pissed off at the Swamp.

I think you are related to him.

A note on Luke Shaw; Angelino has just been voted into the UEFA best youth 11 at left back. I'm not sure spending 30 mil on a kid to play infront of him & Greg Leigh sends out the right message. There are other positions we can strengthen, with expreienced players.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:05 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:I'll probably (definitely) cop a load of shit for this, but I reckon Wellbeck could do a job for us as a squad player if we could get him on the cheap. Good movement, good attitude, works his bollocks off and can play in a couple of positions. Not a world-beater but ideal for a long season in four competitions. Plus he's English, (quite) young and rumoured to be pissed off at the Swamp.

A note on Luke Shaw; Angelino has just been voted into the UEFA best youth 11 at left back. I'm not sure spending 30 mil on a kid to play infront of him & Greg Leigh sends out the right message. There are other positions we can strengthen, with expreienced players.

Angelino looks a massive threat going forward, but not so sure about defensively. I have not seen enough of him against tough opposition to give a balanced view. Shaw, IMO, will be top drawer and we should snap him up as early as possible.
Wonderwall

Postby Alioune DVToure » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:08 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

Fair point regarding Shaw, but we've been burnt before when we could've done with a player, not made a move and then watched them go to a rival and do well (e.g. Hazard). Eriksen is touting himself to all CL qualifiers and has had a very impressive debut PL season. He would also solve our perennial rubbish-at-set-pieces problem. As for Welbeck, he is sometimes rubbish and often looks awkward on the ball, but his performances at Euro 2012 and for Stretford against Madrid last year and Bayern this year showed the job he can do if used properly. Hernández - who seems much more highly rated by Swampites - is a player I don't get at all. He has little to no impact on 90% of the games he plays and cannot get himself involved.
Last edited by Alioune DVToure on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby bayblue » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:10 am

No from me for Fellaini, at any time!

Wouldn't actually take any of the Man U team now , though have to admit would have signed Jones after I saw him play for Blackburn against us.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Alioune DVToure » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:13 am

bayblue wrote:No from me for Fellaini, at any time!

Wouldn't actually take any of the Man U team now , though have to admit would have signed Jones after I saw him play for Blackburn against us.

I think Jones is shite in midfield but has the potential to be a good CB alongside a pacey partner. Evans is alright as well (what's happened to him?). The rest of their defence is laughable. What's the deal with that Buttner kid? Complete garbage.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby bayblue » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:17 am

Alioune DVToure wrote: I think Jones is shite in midfield but has the potential to be a good CB alongside a pacey partner. Evans is alright as well (what's happened to him?). The rest of their defence is laughable. What's the deal with that Buttner kid? Complete garbage.

With Evans I just think it's experience. Remember once when Fergie took him off in some European game cos he'd played so badly. I think centre backs need lots of game time and experiences to develop. Without re opening the Nastasic thread then I wouldn't be surprised if in five years time he's a good player. It's a separate question of whether we have to put up with the heartache of him getting there.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:17 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Fair point regarding Shaw, but we've been burnt before when we could've done with a player, not made a move and then watched them go to a rival and do well (e.g. Hazard). Eriksen is touting himself to all CL qualifiers and has had a very impressive debut PL season. He would also solve our perennial rubbish-at-set-pieces problem. As for Welbeck, he is sometimes rubbish and often looks awkward on the ball, but his performances at Euro 2012 and for Stretford against Madrid last year and Bayern this year showed the job he can do if used properly.

If I had to make a guess, I would say Devante Cole has the ability to be better than Wellbeck & possibly still not good enough for City.

Eriksen is a quality player but there are a lot of similar players around. If we could find another one at Silva's level it would solve a lot.

One young player we are being linked with who I would sign in a heartbeat, is Iker Muniain. He has stunk the place out sometimes & failed to live upto his ability, but imo from a raw talent level, he is right up there with Hazard etc (& Jovetic for than matter who we have yet to see) & at his best is also someone who runs like fuck. It would be a gamble, as for some reason he looks a shadow of the player he was, but the talent, athleticism & intelligence are all there if we can get him playing.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:24 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Fair point regarding Shaw, but we've been burnt before when we could've done with a player, not made a move and then watched them go to a rival and do well (e.g. Hazard). Eriksen is touting himself to all CL qualifiers and has had a very impressive debut PL season. He would also solve our perennial rubbish-at-set-pieces problem. As for Welbeck, he is sometimes rubbish and often looks awkward on the ball, but his performances at Euro 2012 and for Stretford against Madrid last year and Bayern this year showed the job he can do if used properly.

If I had to make a guess, I would say Devante Cole has the ability to be better than Wellbeck & possibly still not good enough for City.

Eriksen is a quality player but there are a lot of similar players around. If we could find another one at Silva's level it would solve a lot.

One young player we are being linked with who I would sign in a heartbeat, is Iker Muniain. He has stunk the place out sometimes & failed to live upto his ability, but imo from a raw talent level, he is right up there with Hazard etc (& Jovetic for than matter who we have yet to see) & at his best is also someone who runs like fuck. It would be a gamble, as for some reason he looks a shadow of the player he was, but the talent, athleticism & intelligence are all there if we can get him playing.

IMO a player that would be fantastic for us is Arturo Vidal, would love to get him in. Maybe we stand a chance as he is chilean :-)
Wonderwall

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:35 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

IMO a player that would be fantastic for us is Arturo Vidal, would love to get him in. Maybe we stand a chance as he is chilean :-)

You never know.

Muniain though, may be in the teens millions due to being in the last part of his contract (which has an enormous buy out clause & is possibly the reason for his stagnation). He's still a gamble at 15 mil, as he might just be a weirdo who has lost it, but if it pays off, he'll be worth 80 in a few seasons.

Worth rolling the dice imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nick » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:38 am

the scums only decent player is jizzineye. are you lot high?

europa squad that have overachieved because of taggart and the decisions liverpool are now getting
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:28 pm

Nick wrote:the scums only decent player is jizzineye. are you lot high?

europa squad that have overachieved because of taggart and the decisions liverpool are now getting

You don't rate Fellaini ?

What about Phil Jones then ? A potential bargain, next to Vinny. Solve both our defensive & midfield problems with one move. We unleash that Duncan Edwards potential & our problems are well and truly solved.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum