Platini: No Ban For Failing FFP This Time Around

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Platini: No Ban For Failing FFP This Time Around

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:53 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Just a further thought but, in the last three seasons, City have been cardinal players in two of the most exciting League finishes for some time (not excepting that the current season is still under way with the potential for further twists and turns).

Last season, we didn't do ourselves justice and the Scum's march to the title became just a boring parade, which was of no interest to neutrals and fans alike.

However, we're perpetually characterised and castigated as being the ruination of football but, from the evidence of 2011/12 and the current campaign, I'd go as far as to say we've actually been the saviours of the game in this country, because we've upset the whole comfortable applecart which existed previously and stirred up a veritable ant's nest.

Other teams have risen to the/our challenge and the result is that the League now possesses perhaps five or six teams who could have a reasonable chance of winning the title, or ending up in a Champions' League spot. It hasn't been this competetive for quite some time.

If the Fat Frenchman thinks this is somehow wrong or undesirable and that his FFP is the elixir of footballing life then, as far as I'm concerned, he can go and choke on his frog's legs and cognac.

He probably doesn't think it's wrong. David Gill probably doesn't either, nor Ferguson, Wenger, Rodgers, Berlusconi, that cunt who owns Liverpool, or any of them.

It's about PRETENDING it's wrong, in order to try & keep the same teams at the top. Doesn't matter whether they genuinely believe it or not. There is no moral reason for it. Purely business/corruption.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:25 pm

I find it offensive that City and PSG are used in the same breath by all the cunts that hate us.

City have been working tirelessly behind the scenes to comply with FFP. Everybody knew we would fail this first hurdle it was a given. All we had to do is show that we were actively working to comply by reducing our losses year on year.

PSG don't give a fuck and have been spending money like it is going out of fashion. We all know it is because Plattini son in so the pay roll.

Yet our name is deliberately used with PSG by Sky etc in the same sentence because the bastards hate us and want to try and portray us as reckless as them.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby zuricity » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:01 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:I find it offensive that City and PSG are used in the same breath by all the cunts that hate us.

City have been working tirelessly behind the scenes to comply with FFP. Everybody knew we would fail this first hurdle it was a given. All we had to do is show that we were actively working to comply by reducing our losses year on year.

PSG don't give a fuck and have been spending money like it is going out of fashion. We all know it is because Plattini son in so the pay roll.

Yet our name is deliberately used with PSG by Sky etc in the same sentence because the bastards hate us and want to try and portray us as reckless as them.

what is wreckless is a company that buys into another company with borrowed money then being allowed to force the borrowed money onto the company it bought up because financially it wasn't stable in the first place.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:45 pm

zuricity wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:I find it offensive that City and PSG are used in the same breath by all the cunts that hate us.

what is wreckless is a company that buys into another company with borrowed money then being allowed to force the borrowed money onto the company it bought up because financially it wasn't stable in the first place.

Spot on
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:48 pm

zuricity wrote:

Possibly the most bang on the money post about all this business Ive read.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Michigan Blue » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:23 pm

@henrywinter: Re FFP: Platini lobbied in December by certain clubs to punish over-spenders with a cut on allowable CL squad wages (fewer stars, more kids)

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/ ... 9895434241

"Certain clubs."
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby gillie » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:02 am

I don't understand all this bollox about FFP but it's akin to being paid a wage by your boss then being told you can't spend said wage.Just my uneducated way of looking at it.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:27 am

gillie wrote:I don't understand all this bollox about FFP but it's akin to being paid a wage by your boss then being told you can't spend said wage.Just my uneducated way of looking at it.

Actually it's more like your boss coming into your house and looking at all your shit and saying "i don't think on your salary you can afford some of the stuff i'm looking at, so i am going to penalize you." And when you tell him you have no debt and live within your means he says "fuck off...i know better."

And then the guy down the street who has massive massive debts piled up somehow passes this 'inspection' because he's got more seniority in the company than you do and has earned the right to spend because his salary is 10% more than yours, even tho he has massive debts.

It's a complete fucking joke. i can't believe it will every pass any legal scrutiny under serious pressure. At the basic fundamentals it's the OPPOSITE of Financial Fair Play. It's institutionalized UNFAIR play that is based upon simply keeping the old guard in front and any newcomers at arm's length from the money, under the guise of helping clubs avoid doing a Portsmouth or a Leeds.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Socrates » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:10 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
gillie wrote:I don't understand all this bollox about FFP but it's akin to being paid a wage by your boss then being told you can't spend said wage.Just my uneducated way of looking at it.

Actually it's more like your boss coming into your house and looking at all your shit and saying "i don't think on your salary you can afford some of the stuff i'm looking at, so i am going to penalize you." And when you tell him you have no debt and live within your means he says "fuck off...i know better."

And then the guy down the street who has massive massive debts piled up somehow passes this 'inspection' because he's got more seniority in the company than you do and has earned the right to spend because his salary is 10% more than yours, even tho he has massive debts.

It's a complete fucking joke. i can't believe it will every pass any legal scrutiny under serious pressure. At the basic fundamentals it's the OPPOSITE of Financial Fair Play. It's institutionalized UNFAIR play that is based upon simply keeping the old guard in front and any newcomers at arm's length from the money, under the guise of helping clubs avoid doing a Portsmouth or a Leeds.

cheers

Good analogy. Can I just set the record straight by saying that I couldn't agree more that the FFP rules are totally shit and are set totally to favour the existing top clubs but I do still disagree on their likely validity. UEFA is free to set entry rules on it's own competitions and has been doing so for many years including financial licensing of clubs. I think any challenge to these rules has only a small chance of success, maybe 25% at best. Free market trade rules don't apply by precedent. Previous UEFA failures have been on employment freedom of movement restrictions, that doesn't apply here. A clever lawyer might yet find a successful angle, I totally hope they do, but I am not holding my breath.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:34 am

Socrates wrote:UEFA is free to set entry rules on it's own competitions and has been doing so for many years including financial licensing of clubs. I think any challenge to these rules has only a small chance of success, maybe 25% at best. Free market trade rules don't apply by precedent. Previous UEFA failures have been on employment freedom of movement restrictions, that doesn't apply here. A clever lawyer might yet find a successful angle, I totally hope they do, but I am not holding my breath.

One thing I wonder about though, is if a club decides to exclude a 'star' player from its UEFA squad list after receiving (the rumoured) sanctions; would UEFA act in their own (and such a player's) own interest by tweaking the rules to either a) force the club to play said star player or b) allow the player an out-of-window transfer to another team with CL football?

Imho, although it may damage a club's European performance for a season, it would have a far more significant impact on UEFA competition, with significant audience numbers switching viewing habits toward domestic leagues if 3 or 4 key players were withdrawn by different clubs, and the clubs made audiences acutely aware that this could be a recurring issue under UEFA's FFP.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby john@staustell » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:38 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Socrates wrote:UEFA is free to set entry rules on it's own competitions and has been doing so for many years including financial licensing of clubs. I think any challenge to these rules has only a small chance of success, maybe 25% at best. Free market trade rules don't apply by precedent. Previous UEFA failures have been on employment freedom of movement restrictions, that doesn't apply here. A clever lawyer might yet find a successful angle, I totally hope they do, but I am not holding my breath.

One thing I wonder about though, is if a club decides to exclude a 'star' player from its UEFA squad list after receiving (the rumoured) sanctions; would UEFA act in their own (and such a player's) own interest by tweaking the rules to either a) force the club to play said star player or b) allow the player an out-of-window transfer to another team with CL football?

Imho, although it may damage a club's European performance for a season, it would have a far more significant impact on UEFA competition, with significant audience numbers switching viewing habits toward domestic leagues if 3 or 4 key players were withdrawn by different clubs, and the clubs made audiences acutely aware that this could be a recurring issue under UEFA's FFP.

'Straws', 'clutching' and 'at' mate!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby clippo22 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:47 am

Banning star players wouldn't really bother me. Say for example, Aguero and Silva aren't allowed to play in Europe, that means they will be fit for and available for more league games and we don't have to worry about resting them! I am much happier winning the league than the champions league. I find the champions league really frustrating to watch sometimes!

Also who decides on the 'star' player? Is it the highest paid? The one who's won the most games? Surely it's all just opinions on who the star players are?

It's all a load of bollocks anyway!
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby blues2win » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:30 am

It would seriously bother Aguero and Silva though. If new players knew they wouldn't play CL football they'd be much less likely to come in the first place. I presume we lose Yaya to the bloody Africa Cup of Nations
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:28 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:One thing I wonder about though, is if a club decides to exclude a 'star' player from its UEFA squad list after receiving (the rumoured) sanctions; would UEFA act in their own (and such a player's) own interest by tweaking the rules to either a) force the club to play said star player or b) allow the player an out-of-window transfer to another team with CL football?

We will sell all out top stars to NYCFC and loan them back for pennies.

#compliance
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:51 am

Just been reading that City have fallen foul of the FFP requirements in two areas;

(i) Income derived from players' naming rights from a Company that City have been, apparently, unwilling to identify.

(ii) The accounting process by which some of our operating costs have been offset by the apparent provision of our services for the City ladies' team, the New York football team and, latterly, the Australian one.

In total, these two sets of balances are 'reported' to be in the region of £50 million and this is the sum by which we are supposedly in breach of FFP requirements.

Don't know if all this is authentic, or not, as it's only what I've read but, by all accounts, having now 'failed' the FFP test, other 'affected' Clubs have the chance to appeal against our inclusion in the Champions' League, within the next ten days.

I suppose the 'affected' Clubs would be Arsenal and Everton.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:33 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Just been reading that City have fallen foul of the FFP requirements in two areas;

(i) Income derived from players' naming rights from a Company that City have been, apparently, unwilling to identify.

(ii) The accounting process by which some of our operating costs have been offset by the apparent provision of our services for the City ladies' team, the New York football team and, latterly, the Australian one.

In total, these two sets of balances are 'reported' to be in the region of £50 million and this is the sum by which we are supposedly in breach of FFP requirements.

Don't know if all this is authentic, or not, as it's only what I've read but, by all accounts, having now 'failed' the FFP test, other 'affected' Clubs have the chance to appeal against our inclusion in the Champions' League, within the next ten days.

This sounds like absolute journo bullshit to me.

If someone from UEFA has leaked that, there should be hell to pay.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:42 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Just been reading that City have fallen foul of the FFP requirements in two areas;

This sounds like absolute journo bullshit to me.

If someone from UEFA has leaked that, there should be hell to pay.

No leaks, and other clubs can only appeal if we decide to 'negotiate' the punishment.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby freshie » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:42 pm

freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby gillie » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:09 pm

Some on twitter saying if we accept the punishment settlement that the likes of Everton and Arsenal can appeal against our participation in next season's CL is that true?
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:46 pm

gillie wrote:Some on twitter saying if we accept the punishment settlement that the likes of Everton and Arsenal can appeal against our participation in next season's CL is that true?

No, only if we 'negotiate' the settlement.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum