21 man Champions League Squad

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 21 man Champions League Squad

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat May 17, 2014 6:31 am

john@staustell wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
Socrates wrote:Nasti isn't homegrown he is B list.

Is this B list not included in the 21, do you know?

The B list is unlimited.

This sanction affects us hardly at all. We haven't used 21 players in the last 2 efforts.

That's correct but we have used over 13 'foreign ' players. If we sign Mangala, Fernando and Sagna we will have 18 'foreign' players in our first team squad. Which 5 miss out on CL?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Esky » Sat May 17, 2014 6:35 am

Wonder if we'll move for Westwood - club grown, even if he never played for City. Coming off a season-ending injury, though.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat May 17, 2014 8:51 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

The B list is unlimited.

This sanction affects us hardly at all. We haven't used 21 players in the last 2 efforts.

That's correct but we have used over 13 'foreign ' players. If we sign Mangala, Fernando and Sagna we will have 18 'foreign' players in our first team squad. Which 5 miss out on CL?

Unconfirmed yet, but as per the other thread, it may well be that there are still 17 places for 'free' players (ie any nationality). No one has clarified this yet but UEFA's own regs for 21 man squads follow that rule.
Last edited by Ted Hughes on Sat May 17, 2014 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby johnny crossan » Sat May 17, 2014 8:52 am

john@staustell wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

The B list is unlimited.

Nasty is foreign trained. We have the full complement of 17 foreign players on the current UEFA A list and apart from Pants no likely departures (and he's likely to be replaced by Willy). We already have a problem fitting those 3 in and if it's reduced to 14 and those 3 are signed it'll be 6 foreign trained stars who miss out on the CL next season. Even if the reduction is a pro-rata 2 foreign trained + 2 association trained 4 would still be excluded. Our transfer plans must be affected by this despite what Soriano and the OS say.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat May 17, 2014 8:54 am

johnny crossan wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

The B list is unlimited.

Nasty is foreign trained. We have the full complement of 17 foreign players on the current UEFA A list and apart from Pants no likely departures (and he's likely to be replaced by Willy). We already have a problem fitting those 3 in and if it's reduced to 14 and those 3 are signed it'll be 6 foreign trained stars who miss out on the CL next season. Even if the reduction is a pro-rata 2 foreign trained + 2 association trained 4 would still be excluded.Our transfer plans must be affected by this despite what Soriano and the OS say.

Nastasic has just turned 21 (March) & will have been at the club two years come summer, so as far as I can see, will qualify as U21 & not take an 'A' list place.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat May 17, 2014 9:24 am

Does this make a case for keeping Richards and Lescott (and maybe Barry) or has that train already departed ?
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat May 17, 2014 9:29 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:Does this make a case for keeping Richards and Lescott (and maybe Barry) or has that train already departed ?

Only if the 8 'homegrown' rule remains in force. If it doesn't, & it is now down to 4, with 17 'free' places, then the squad restriction is basically no different as we could only register 21 last year due to 4 of them having to be 'club trained' we only had Micah.
We need the space on the wage bill for new signings.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat May 17, 2014 9:41 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:Does this make a case for keeping Richards and Lescott (and maybe Barry) or has that train already departed ?

Only if the 8 'homegrown' rule remains in force. If it doesn't, & it is now down to 4, with 17 'free' places, then the squad restriction is basically no different as we could only register 21 last year due to 4 of them having to be 'club trained' we only had Micah.

So if we need 4 homegrown players in the 21 man squad, we have 3 who would be in anyway: Hart, Milner, Clichy and then who's the 4th ?? It will be a choice between Rodwell or one of the kids, Gudetti included ? The other option would be to buy a decent howegrown player; Barkley ??
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat May 17, 2014 10:06 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

So if we need 4 homegrown players in the 21 man squad, we have 3 who would be in anyway: Hart, Milner, Clichy and then who's the 4th ?? It will be a choice between Rodwell or one of the kids, Gudetti included ? The other option would be to buy a decent howegrown player; Barkley ??

Boyata perhaps.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Sat May 17, 2014 11:27 am

Soriano has already publicly announced that Lescott is not being offered a new contract. People need to move on. Richards could have stayed but wants to go so forget about him as well. I think Rodwell will get another year because he's home grown. If Fernando comes in you wonder about Garcia's position. He has looked much better but he desperately lacks pace and that isn't going to change. Maybe he goes to Porto in part exchange for Fernando and Mangala?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Bluez » Sat May 17, 2014 12:13 pm

I can't see anywhere that we get away with 4 homegrown players. I think we still need 8. That means the new goalie will be homegrown for a start, will probably try an keep hold of Richards, and will need to get at least one new outfield player who qualifies.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby johnny crossan » Sat May 17, 2014 1:19 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Is this B list not included in the 21, do you know?

The B list is unlimited.

Nasty is foreign trained. We have the full complement of 17 foreign players on the current UEFA A list and apart from Pants no likely departures (and he's likely to be replaced by Willy). We already have a problem fitting those 3 in and if it's reduced to 14 and those 3 are signed it'll be 6 foreign trained stars who miss out on the CL next season. Even if the reduction is a pro-rata 2 foreign trained + 2 association trained 4 would still be excluded.Our transfer plans must be affected by this despite what Soriano and the OS say.

Nastasic has just turned 21 (March) & will have been at the club two years come summer, so as far as I can see, will qualify as U21 & not take an 'A' list place.

Afraid not, he was an U21 along with Rodwell last season for the PL only, both were on the UEFA A list, Rodwell as association trained and Nasty as foreign trained. U21 status is irrelevant for UEFA . B list players are U21 by definition but must meet the
relevant club trained criteria - Nasty arrived at City too late for that.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat May 17, 2014 1:49 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Nasty is foreign trained. We have the full complement of 17 foreign players on the current UEFA A list and apart from Pants no likely departures (and he's likely to be replaced by Willy). We already have a problem fitting those 3 in and if it's reduced to 14 and those 3 are signed it'll be 6 foreign trained stars who miss out on the CL next season. Even if the reduction is a pro-rata 2 foreign trained + 2 association trained 4 would still be excluded.Our transfer plans must be affected by this despite what Soriano and the OS say.

Afraid not, he was an U21 along with Rodwell last season for the PL only, both were on the UEFA A list, Rodwell as association trained and Nasty as foreign trained. U21 status is irrelevant for UEFA . B list players are U21 by definition but must meet the

Nastasic is under21 for next season according to UEFA's definition, he has also been at the club two years now so meets the criteria to qualify on the B list.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Sat May 17, 2014 2:11 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Nasty is foreign trained. We have the full complement of 17 foreign players on the current UEFA A list and apart from Pants no likely departures (and he's likely to be replaced by Willy). We already have a problem fitting those 3 in and if it's reduced to 14 and those 3 are signed it'll be 6 foreign trained stars who miss out on the CL next season. Even if the reduction is a pro-rata 2 foreign trained + 2 association trained 4 would still be excluded.Our transfer plans must be affected by this despite what Soriano and the OS say.

Nastasic is under21 for next season according to UEFA's definition, he has also been at the club two years now so meets the criteria to qualify on the B list.

Here's the regulations on List A and list B:

Conditions for registration: List A
18.08 No club may have more than 25 players on List A during the season, two of whom must be goalkeepers. As a minimum, eight places are reserved exclusively for “locally trained players” and no club may have more than four “association-trained players” listed on these eight places on List A. List A must specify the players who qualify as being “locally trained”, as well as whether they are “club-trained” or “association-trained”. The possible combinations that enable clubs to comply with the List A requirements are set out in Annex VIII.
18.09 A “locally trained player” is either a “club-trained player” or an “association-trained player”.
18.10 A “club-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which he turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which he turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons (i.e. a period starting with the first official match of the relevant national championship and ending with the last official match of that relevant national championship) or of 36 months.
18.11 An “association-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which the player turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with a club or with other clubs affiliated to the same association as that of his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or of 36 months.
18.12 If a club has fewer than eight locally trained players in its squad, then the maximum number of players on List A is reduced accordingly.
18.13 List A has to be submitted by the following fixed deadlines:
a) 25 June 2012 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the first qualifying round;
b) 12 July 2012 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the second qualifying round;
c) 26 July 2012 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the third qualifying round;
d) 13 August 2012 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the play-offs;
e) 3 September 2012 (24.00 CET) for all further matches from the first match
in the group stage up to and including the final.

Conditions for registration: List B
18.16 Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season. The list must be submitted by no later than 24.00 CET on the day before the match in question.
18.17 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1991 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been registered with the participating club for the previous two years without interruption.

I repeat Nasty signed for us in 2012 aged 19 - too late to qualify as club trained.

sorry I got that date wrong as pointed out above but Nasty is still ineligible I think
Last edited by johnny crossan on Sat May 17, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat May 17, 2014 2:54 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Here's the regulations on List A and list B:

Conditions for registration: List A
18.08 No club may have more than 25 players on List A during the season, two of whom must be goalkeepers. As a minimum, eight places are reserved exclusively for “locally trained players” and no club may have more than four “association-trained players” listed on these eight places on List A. List A must specify the players who qualify as being “locally trained”, as well as whether they are “club-trained” or “association-trained”. The possible combinations that enable clubs to comply with the List A requirements are set out in Annex VIII.
18.09 A “locally trained player” is either a “club-trained player” or an “association-trained player”.
18.10 A “club-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which he turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which he turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons (i.e. a period starting with the first official match of the relevant national championship and ending with the last official match of that relevant national championship) or of 36 months.
18.11 An “association-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which the player turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with a club or with other clubs affiliated to the same association as that of his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or of 36 months.
18.12 If a club has fewer than eight locally trained players in its squad, then the maximum number of players on List A is reduced accordingly.
18.13 List A has to be submitted by the following fixed deadlines:
a) 25 June 2012 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the first qualifying round;
b) 12 July 2012 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the second qualifying round;
c) 26 July 2012 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the third qualifying round;
d) 13 August 2012 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the play-offs;
e) 3 September 2012 (24.00 CET) for all further matches from the first match
in the group stage up to and including the final.

Conditions for registration: List B
18.16 Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season. The list must be submitted by no later than 24.00 CET on the day before the match in question.
18.17 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1994 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been registered with the participating club for the previous two years without interruption.

I repeat Nasty signed for us in 2012 aged 19 - too late to qualify as club trained.

I apologise. I thought it was the year in which he turned 21 which counted.

In that case he's worth a lot less to us next season than I imagined.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sister of fu » Sat May 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Heard a rumour about Cesc Fabragras. Quite sure he qualities as home grown but could be wrong. Would cost some money though.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat May 17, 2014 3:06 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Heard a rumour about Cesc Fabragras. Quite sure he qualities as home grown but could be wrong. Would cost some money though.

I've heard a lot of opinion which suggests he's homegrown qualified.

I'm not sure how it works if we sign someone & pay over several years, whether we would be allowed to defer the biggest part of payment.

Brennan in the MUEN is suggesting that City see the academy influence coming into being in one year's time though. So we may not make any huge signings for the time being.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat May 17, 2014 3:24 pm

@Johnny Crossan, where did you get them rules you copy/pasted?

Here is the rules in PDF starting from the 2012/13 season, in this it states 1991 is the cut of point for B list ergo for 2014/15 is 1993, I think?

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Dow ... WNLOAD.pdf
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby phips » Sat May 17, 2014 3:52 pm

john@staustell wrote:This sanction affects us hardly at all. We haven't used 21 players in the last 2 efforts.

1. Hart
2. Backup keeper
3. Zaba
4. Kompany
5. Demich
6. Clichy
7. Kolarov
8. Nasti
9. Center half
10. Right back
11. Garcia
12. Fernandinho
13. Yaya
14. Navas
15. Milner
16. Nasri
17. Silva
18. Aguero
19. Dzeko
20. Negredo
21. Jovetic

but if thats our 21 then it does affect us, if we're signing Sagna, Mangala, and Fernando and that equals 22 so someone will be left out....Nasti probably, which isnt really a damaging exclusion.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby aaron bond » Sat May 17, 2014 4:28 pm

I apologise. I thought it was the year in which he turned 21 which counted.

In that case he's worth a lot less to us next season than I imagined.

He was worth something in the first place???
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum