Other club's transfer discussion thread.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Other club's transfer discussion thread.

Postby Clowncrete » Fri May 23, 2014 5:31 pm

A thread to discuss transfers not related to City.

PSG are apparently trying to buy Luiz (yes, David Luiz) for 50 million pounds (!!!) according to Daily Mail.

How on earth are Chelsea able to get such retarded prices? 37 million for Mata and now this. If it would have been us, we would have loaned him out and sold for a pittance.

Do PSG do their transfers based on fifa or something? He is absolutely terrible. 50 million ffs. Kompany must be worth 150 million at this rate, surely!

Also Rags have been snubbed by Muller and Kroos and are going for Konoplyanka. They have also given an year's extension to Evra according to the BBc and goal.com.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Re: Other club's transfer discussion thread.

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri May 23, 2014 5:34 pm

United resign Evra

Chelsea resign Terry

Stoke City sign Bardsley

West Brom sign Craig Gardner

Barca sign Ter Stegen

Dortmund sign Matthias Ginter & Adrian Ramos

Bayern sign Sebastian Rode
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri May 23, 2014 5:43 pm

this is going to be a fluid thread...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby AG7 » Fri May 23, 2014 9:04 pm

How the fuck when Chelsea is selling a player who can't even make their regular starting XI and is not even in managers plans, he goes for £37m (Mata) ... then another hit and miss player (Luiz) is linked to PSG for £50m ... btw, this is now confirmed, breaking news everywhere in past few minutes ...

But when it comes to our players going out, there isn't even a rumour that gets over £15-18m, ok, maybe £20m mark?
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby simplytolmie » Fri May 23, 2014 9:23 pm

If Luiz is worth £50m then Vinny is worth £150m
simplytolmie
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Slim » Fri May 23, 2014 9:43 pm

simplytolmie wrote:If Luiz is worth £50m then Vinny is worth £150m

You should read the original post.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby AG7 » Fri May 23, 2014 9:51 pm

BBC is quoting £40m for Luiz ...

Anyway, this one from Guardian is interesting:

BREAKING: Luke Shaw’s prospective transfer to Manchester United has stalled and the left-back is considering his options. [Guardian]
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby AG7 » Fri May 23, 2014 9:56 pm

AG7 wrote:How the fuck when Chelsea is selling a player who can't even make their regular starting XI and is not even in managers plans, he goes for £37m (Mata) ... then another hit and miss player (Luiz) is linked to PSG for £50m ... btw, this is now confirmed, breaking news everywhere in past few minutes ... But when it comes to our players going out, there isn't even a rumour that gets over £15-18m, ok, maybe £20m mark?

The point I was trying to make perfectly summed up:

@MirrorDarren: So Mourinho brings in over £80million for Mata and Luiz - two players he didn't really fancy. I wonder if he could sell my house....
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri May 23, 2014 9:59 pm

AG7 wrote:BBC is quoting £40m for Luiz ...

Anyway, this one from Guardian is interesting:

BREAKING: Luke Shaw’s prospective transfer to Manchester United has stalled and the left-back is considering his options. [Guardian]

The good old Guardian and its rag season-card drive. Is that the prospective transfer from which the rags will eventually walk away after they have been snubbed, as usual?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby phips » Fri May 23, 2014 10:00 pm

Chelsea and Paris St Germain have agreed terms on the transfer of David Luiz.

The Brazilian now only needs to agree personal terms and pass a medical to become the most expensive defender in the world, with the fee potentially rising to £50m.

A statement on Chelsea's website confirmed: "Chelsea Football Club and Paris Saint Germain have agreed terms for the transfer of David Luiz to the French club.

"The move is now subject to David Luiz agreeing personal terms with PSG and passing a medical examination."

The Paris club have sent their doctors to Brazil where Luiz is training with the national squad ahead of the World Cup.

"In accordance with the player's wish to prepare for and play in the World Cup in his home country in the best possible conditions, both clubs and David Luiz wished to reach an agreement as soon as possible."

PSG have confirmed that the deal will go through on 10 June, and that they and the Blues have announced it now so Luiz can concentrate on the World Cup.

A statement on the Ligue 1 winners' official website read: "Paris St Germain, Chelsea FC and David Luiz would like to confirm that they reached an agreement regarding the terms of an upcoming transfer of the Brazilian defender that would occur during the next transfer window which is to start on 10 June 2014.

"In accordance with the player's wish to prepare for and play in the World Cup in his home country in the best possible conditions, both clubs and David Luiz wished to reach an agreement as soon as possible between, on the one hand, Paris St Germain and Chelsea FC, and on the other, between the Parisian club and the player, in order to formalise the transfer as soon as the transfer window opens."

Luiz joined Chelsea from Benfica in 2011, in a £23.5m deal during the January transfer window, and he still had two years left on his contract at Stamford Bridge.

But Blues boss Jose Mourinho now looks set to more than double Chelsea's money, and that cash could go towards a huge bid for Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa.

The 27-year-old has been deemed surplus to requirements under Mourinho, who recently gave skipper John Terry a one-year extension to his contract and used Gary Cahill at centre-back for most of the season.

Branislav Ivanovic is also capable of playing as a centre-back, and Mourinho - who has used Luiz predominantly as a defensive midfielder - is also known to be a fan of rising youngster Tomas Kalas.

Qatar Sports Investments have ploughed millions into PSG, allowing them to sign the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Edinson Cavani. They were knocked out of the Champions League by Chelsea in the quarter-finals this season.

The French giants were fined £48.5m by UEFA this month for breaching the Financial Fair Play rules.

But coach Laurent Blanc says that will not stop him improving his squad, and admitted to Le Parisien newspaper he is a big fan of another Chelsea star, Eden Hazard, without revealing whether he would make a bid.

"Hazard is the kind of player who can be decisive," Blanc is quoted as saying.

"You can talk about all kinds of things; tactics, strength of the team, individual class, but a player who is capable of beating three or four players is something else. You never know what to expect from him."

But Blanc confirmed winger Jeremy Menez is definitely leaving and former Chelsea defender Alex could also be on his way out as he tries to make room in his squad for new signings.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby phips » Fri May 23, 2014 10:00 pm

Chelsea released Lampard, Eto'o, and Cole

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri May 23, 2014 10:17 pm

Jose has raked in over £80m for 2 players he never really fancied in his system in Mata & Luiz. Nice work as he got £15m above their real value for both.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby phips » Fri May 23, 2014 11:05 pm

so supposedly Chelsea bought Luiz for £23.5m and then bought back Matic for £21m. That's £44.5m spent. And if they get the full £50m for this sale, which isnt certain, theyre making £5.5m for flipping Luiz after 2.5 seasons and getting back a more improved Matic in the process. not bad.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Original Dub » Fri May 23, 2014 11:33 pm

phips wrote:so supposedly Chelsea bought Luiz for £23.5m and then bought back Matic for £21m. That's £44.5m spent. And if they get the full £50m for this sale, which isnt certain, theyre making £5.5m for flipping Luiz after 2.5 seasons and getting back a more improved Matic in the process. not bad.

Indeed.

You should maybe think of switching
Original Dub

Postby zuricity » Fri May 23, 2014 11:36 pm

Clowncrete wrote:A thread to discuss transfers not related to City.

PSG are apparently trying to buy Luiz (yes, David Luiz) for 50 million pounds (!!!) according to Daily Mail.

How on earth are Chelsea able to get such retarded prices? 37 million for Mata and now this. If it would have been us, we would have loaned him out and sold for a pittance.

Do PSG do their transfers based on fifa or something? He is absolutely terrible. 50 million ffs. Kompany must be worth 150 million at this rate, surely!

Also Rags have been snubbed by Muller and Kroos and are going for Konoplyanka. They have also given an year's extension to Evra according to the BBc and goal.com.

who gives a f*ck The rags paid 27 mill for a used toilet brush and compounded their stupidity by paying 37 mill for an average midfielder. Enjoy the moment.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat May 24, 2014 2:51 am

zuricity wrote:
who gives a f*ck The rags paid 27 mill for a used toilet brush and compounded their stupidity by paying 37 mill for an average midfielder. Enjoy the moment.

Mata isn't average...he'd excel in a setup like ours in certain lineups but be exposed in others. Many very good players suffer that fate.

The issue with the rags is basically now have 3 "exceptional" No 10s of which they can only play one and he's the bald cunt usually misfiring.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Clowncrete » Sat May 24, 2014 6:37 am

zuricity wrote:

Where did I say the rags were a worry?! I'm enjoying them being snubbed by everyone and media covering up! It's Chelsea who are able to get extortionate amounts for bench warmers ffs, which irritates me!
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby john@staustell » Sat May 24, 2014 6:52 am

Clowncrete wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Where did I say the rags were a worry?! I'm enjoying them being snubbed by everyone and media covering up! It's Chelsea who are able to get extortionate amounts for bench warmers ffs, which irritates me!

Something underhand about this Luis business. 40 million my arse.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby AG7 » Sat May 24, 2014 7:01 am

Clowncrete wrote: Where did I say the rags were a worry?! I'm enjoying them being snubbed by everyone and media covering up! It's Chelsea who are able to get extortionate amounts for bench warmers ffs, which irritates me!

This ... irritating me quite a bit, when they can sell their useless players for such amounts who only have two years left on contracts while our players who have three or four years on still get quoted not even half of those amounts as being bid on/linked to ...
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Cit.revenge » Sat May 24, 2014 11:18 am

http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=141121 Ok this must be a joke ? Please rags buy him .
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum