Other club's transfer discussion thread.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Other club's transfer discussion thread.

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:10 pm

Haha, where's that from!?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:31 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Wooders wrote:Can't wait to see the dilf back in action in the prem

What's a dilf?

Seriously?
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby phips » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:30 am

if Everton get Eto'o that could be a good deal for them
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby bigblue » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:55 pm

well arse may want to get a new striker seeing that giroud is now out for 3 months after getting hit in the ankle by the ball.... soft twat:

http://gfycat.com/SarcasticColossalAcouchi
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:37 pm

Just how much is Tia Maria being transferred for ??

A couple of days ago, a figure of £64 million seemed to be the accepted sum.

Yesterday, I sneaked a brief listen to Talkspite (yes, I know, shame on me) and they were saying on there that, with additional items, the figure was £75 million. This prompted outraged Scum fans to ring in and vociferously dispute these calculations (were they secretly ashamed of the overall size of the transfer, whatever the actual amount ??).

Today, the fee is now a nitpickingly reduced figure of, supposedly, £59.7 million, which is still the equivalent of an almightily large number of condoms for Ryan Giggs.....and no-one has yet included, as part of the permutation, the £50 million wages that Auntie Mary will receive over the five (?) years of his contract.

So just how much is he being transferred for ??....if it was City, all these crusading journalists would have vetted and published the financial terms of the contract, before the ink was even dry. Why then, in this instance, is there all this apparent confusion ??

However, whatever the amount, it's still more than Chelsea paid for Torres.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby zuricity » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:49 pm

I hope he's getting more than Rooney. Don't they have triggers on their contracts to increment upwards on a newcomer getting top banana ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:11 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Just how much is Tia Maria being transferred for ??

A couple of days ago, a figure of £64 million seemed to be the accepted sum.

Yesterday, I sneaked a brief listen to Talkspite (yes, I know, shame on me) and they were saying on there that, with additional items, the figure was £75 million. This prompted outraged Scum fans to ring in and vociferously dispute these calculations (were they secretly ashamed of the overall size of the transfer, whatever the actual amount ??).

Today, the fee is now a nitpickingly reduced figure of, supposedly, £59.7 million, which is still the equivalent of an almightily large number of condoms for Ryan Giggs.....and no-one has yet included, as part of the permutation, the £50 million wages that Auntie Mary will receive over the five (?) years of his contract.

So just how much is he being transferred for ??....if it was City, all these crusading journalists would have vetted and published the financial terms of the contract, before the ink was even dry. Why then, in this instance, is there all this apparent confusion ??

However, whatever the amount, it's still more than Chelsea paid for Torres.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=75m+eur+to+gbp
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby blues2win » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:39 pm

If it had been us the press would have added up the gross figure for his wages over the life of his contract bunged in the add ons and come up with 100 million.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Lee_R » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:21 pm

Whatever the sum.. its 30m too much! Sign him up you rag bastards :)
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:12 pm

Eto'o is a cracking signing for Everton will score 12-15 for them this season as a regular starter.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:29 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Eto'o is a cracking signing for Everton will score 12-15 for them this season as a regular starter.

Amazing how good Naismith has looked in that team, he's really impressed me. 3 very decent strikers is not bad especially when you look at the likes of Chelsea who realistically have 1, and he's yet to prove.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Eto'o is a cracking signing for Everton will score 12-15 for them this season as a regular starter.

Amazing how good Naismith has looked in that team, he's really impressed me. 3 very decent strikers is not bad especially when you look at the likes of Chelsea who realistically have 1, and he's yet to prove.

And if Kone can ever stay healthy they could have 4
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Slim » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:57 pm

Scored at just under 1 in 2 for Chelsea and they chronically misused him and why the fuck was he even competing with Torres for a spot?

Urgh, great signing for Everton though, 4th is on!
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:10 am

Saul Goodman wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

And if Kone can ever stay healthy they could have 4

Kone is garbage though.

This is a decent signing for them as Naismith has been taking up Barkley's spot so far & they needed some quality up front alongside Lukaku with four competitions coming up. Eto'o may be finished at the very top level, but should be a substantial reinforcement for a team pushing for a Champions League spot.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:31 am

I know I'm out of sync with most on this, but I actually think Lukaku is like a fucking elephant on rollerskates. If he wasn't strong & fast, he wouldn't even get in Burnley's team. He's got no fucking vision whatsoever & a lot of his touches are complete shite. It's purely his pace & strength which get him a job in the Prem. As a footballer he's Samaras or Corradi level. Next Drogba, he isn't.

Eto'o will bring some brains to the outfit & could be a great signing for them. Perhaps teach him how to play football.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby mr_nool » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:44 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I know I'm out of sync with most on this, but I actually think Lukaku is like a fucking elephant on rollerskates. If he wasn't strong & fast, he wouldn't even get in Burnley's team. He's got no fucking vision whatsoever & a lot of his touches are complete shite. It's purely his pace & strength which get him a job in the Prem. As a footballer he's Samaras or Corradi level. Next Drogba, he isn't.

Eto'o will bring some brains to the outfit & could be a great signing for them. Perhaps teach him how to play football.

I actually agree with you on this. I don't think Mourinho had to think twice when he got the offer from Everton.
Lukaku being dropped in the WC for a 19 year old says a lot as well.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:54 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I know I'm out of sync with most on this, but I actually think Lukaku is like a fucking elephant on rollerskates. If he wasn't strong & fast, he wouldn't even get in Burnley's team. He's got no fucking vision whatsoever & a lot of his touches are complete shite. It's purely his pace & strength which get him a job in the Prem. As a footballer he's Samaras or Corradi level. Next Drogba, he isn't.

Don't disagree with you but he does have a knack for scoring.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby bayblue » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:31 pm

Saw in the WC that Lukaku is far from a top class striker. Jose also didn't appear at all keen to hold on to him.

However, wasn't Drogba pretty shocking in his first season over here??
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:27 pm

bayblue wrote:

Saw in the WC that Lukaku is far from a top class striker. Jose also didn't appear at all keen to hold on to him.

However, wasn't Drogba pretty shocking in his first season over here??

This isn't Lukaku's first season here.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:46 pm

I agree Likaku's touch isn't great but he does score quite a few goals...
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum