Benatia

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Benatia

Postby PrezIke » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:22 am

phips wrote:this seems likely. that loss to Swansea is making the board really nervous. i can see them splashing bags of cash the rest of this month to try and do whatever they can to avoid another implosion,

Roma defender Mehdi Benatia is flying to England for talks over a move to Manchester United, Sky sources understand.

Talks are reportedly continuing between the two clubs to agree terms on a deal for the Morocco international, with United keen to add to their thin defensive options.

Louis van Gaal handed youngster Tyler Blackett his first-team debut in the 2-1 Premier League defeat by Swansea on Saturday because of the absence of injured centre-back Jonny Evans.

Benatia was linked with a move to Manchester City earlier in the summer, but they baulked at a fee of around £30m and went on to sign Eliaquim Mangala from Porto last week instead.

United are yet to replace Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic from last season's squad and looked vulnerable at the back during their opening day reverse at Old Trafford.

Benatia was born in France but has played most of his career in Serie A, having joined Udinese from Clermont in 2010 and then moved to Roma in the summer of 2013.

As well as being a solid defender, Benatia has an eye for goal as he scored five in 33 appearances in his first season with Roma as they finished second in Italy's top division.

mangala instead?

hilarious report. benatia seemed to be our 2nd option in case signing mangala didn't work out.

they need help that's certain.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:43 am

PrezIke wrote:
phips wrote:this seems likely. that loss to Swansea is making the board really nervous. i can see them splashing bags of cash the rest of this month to try and do whatever they can to avoid another implosion,

Roma defender Mehdi Benatia is flying to England for talks over a move to Manchester United, Sky sources understand.

Talks are reportedly continuing between the two clubs to agree terms on a deal for the Morocco international, with United keen to add to their thin defensive options.

Louis van Gaal handed youngster Tyler Blackett his first-team debut in the 2-1 Premier League defeat by Swansea on Saturday because of the absence of injured centre-back Jonny Evans.

Benatia was linked with a move to Manchester City earlier in the summer, but they baulked at a fee of around £30m and went on to sign Eliaquim Mangala from Porto last week instead.

United are yet to replace Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic from last season's squad and looked vulnerable at the back during their opening day reverse at Old Trafford.

Benatia was born in France but has played most of his career in Serie A, having joined Udinese from Clermont in 2010 and then moved to Roma in the summer of 2013.

As well as being a solid defender, Benatia has an eye for goal as he scored five in 33 appearances in his first season with Roma as they finished second in Italy's top division.

mangala instead?

hilarious report. benatia seemed to be our 2nd option in case signing mangala didn't work out.

they need help that's certain.

i'm amazed they haven't said that he snubbed us!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Citizen of Oslo » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:27 pm

Benatia to Bayern Munich is my bet.
Citizen of Oslo
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:28 pm

Rags have spent their 'war chest'
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:33 pm

He probably thinks that he's meeting with City officials to negotiate a transfer to us.

When he lands in Manchester and finds out it's the Scum instead, he'll probably catch the next 'plane back to Italy.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby phips » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:18 pm

how is it that we were quoted something like 50-60m for this guy and now Bayern reportedly agree for only 24m….
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:29 pm

phips wrote:how is it that we were quoted something like 50-60m for this guy and now Bayern reportedly agree for only 24m….

do you believe everything you read or everything that some director of football says to basically use the media to negotiate a higher price?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum