Fernando

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fernando

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:27 am

Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:02 am

The second challenge isn't a mistake at all. He does the only thing he can do.

The backpass is a little underhit, but if Joe Hart let it past, dangerous play or not, he would get all manner of shit for it on here.

Fernando has got to the ball twice, & none of our back 4 or goalkeeper, has made any contribution whatsoever to stop the goal, but it's Fernando who is getting the blame for it.

Absolutely wrong imo. That's the sort of thing Lescott used to get shit for; trying to rescue disasterous situations when others were doing fuck all & not quite managing it.

Boyata & Co, have taken on the Nastasic/Homer Simpson philosphy 'If I don't do ANYTHING, I won't do anything wrong'.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:10 am

Not - Good - Enough.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:22 am

Ted Hughes wrote:The second challenge isn't a mistake at all. He does the only thing he can do.

The backpass is a little underhit, but if Joe Hart let it past, dangerous play or not, he would get all manner of shit for it on here.

Fernando has got to the ball twice, & none of our back 4 or goalkeeper, has made any contribution whatsoever to stop the goal, but it's Fernando who is getting the blame for it.

Absolutely wrong imo. That's the sort of thing Lescott used to get shit for; trying to rescue disasterous situations when others were doing fuck all & not quite managing it.

Boyata & Co, have taken on the Nastasic/Homer Simpson philosphy 'If I don't do ANYTHING, I won't do anything wrong'.

Their player said on MOTD that e knew if Fernando got there he could only play it one way so he gambled on getting a block on the clearance. The only complaint against Fernando was for letting the ball bounce in the centre circle, after that he's the only one who comes out with any credit for actually trying to do something.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby blues2win » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:33 pm

For my money it's Fernandinho who's been the disappointment. He cost 34 million, nearly three times as much as Fernando, and I was expecting to see more of him contributing higher up the pitch. He's much more than a mere defensive player but we've only seen that side of his game in fits and starts. I thought playing alongside Fernando would give him the opportunity to show what he can do but he hasn't done so imo. I don't say he's played badly overall, just not as well as I was hoping on a consistent basis. That said the defensive midfield role is a bit of a nightmare in this City team. Both full backs are playing high up the pitch and in Kolarov's case there's no great attempt to get back into position. Silva and Nasri are not naturally good at pressing off the ball and neither is Dzeko. Aguero only does it in fits and starts. Meanwhile we've looked extremely dodgy in the centre of the defence. When Yaya plays he is pretty poor off the ball. The result is that a huge amount of pressure is placed on one or other of the Ferns to stop quick counter attacks. They get huge flack if any attack gets through but the real problem is that Pellegrini can't get the team playing off the ball the way he wants consistently. The result is more goals against than the scum, partly because of De Gea's quality to be fair. Do we change the tactical approach or The players or the manager ? The way things are shaping up there'll be some big decisions to be made by Txiki and Soriano at the end of the season.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:05 pm

A big part of how Pellegrini sets us up to play is with a high defensive line when we're pressing the opposition to squeeze out the space available to them - the obvious thing for the opposition to do against a high defensive line is to play a ball over it or around it for someone to run onto, so when that player is not offside who is usually the first person to react to the danger and try to either cover or snuff it out? Fernando.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:18 pm

I haven't studied the goals from yesterday, but the central defenders should be having that for breakfast, not relying on a midfielder to do it. People talking about Barry & Nige; they are not quick enough to cover that. We would have expected VK & JL to cover that in the past & they would have done so easily. Richard Dunne & Kolo Toure would have had no problem clearing that up. In fact Spencer fucking Prior would have stopped it.

Also, we play a line to catch things offside. Kolarov was 6 yards behind playing everyone on, & not getting over to cover. And it happened numerous times. Don't know if it's better when he does actually come back or if we'd be better with him not bothering.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:19 pm

If Ferrnando was as good as you Ted at defending him he would some player !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:28 pm

Fernando runs on this gear most of the time he makes Gaz Baz look like Usain Bolt but Gaz has got the brains to help him out with his lack of pace Fernando has got shit for brains.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby twosips » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:16 pm

It's weird, he looked really fast in his first couple of games and for some reason he looks proper slow now and he's been uninjured for a bit. Odd one.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Green & Blue » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:57 pm

Hazy2 wrote:If Ferrnando was as good as you Ted at defending him he would some player !

Haha top post
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:17 am

Green & Blue wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:If Ferrnando was as good as you Ted at defending him he would some player !

Haha top post

And if Aguero was as good at attacking as some on this board he'd be in triple figures already for league goals this season.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:00 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:

Haha top post

And if Aguero was as good at attacking as some on this board he'd be in triple figures already for league goals this season.

Augers is proven, Fernando you answer that.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:09 pm

I shouldn't really need to defend him tbh. People should have more patience & be more reasonable during a player's first season, rather than looking to pick holes even in thnigs even where he's done nothing wrong. He made mistakes v Boro but that's not enough for some, rather than stop at criticising the mistakes he did make, they have to add bits to it to make it appear worse than it was.

And no credit for anything he does which is good & crucial. I just hink that a proper cunt's trick.

Whether he is the answer, I don't know, but he hasn't been that bad & was one of the people who did the most effective defensive job v Boro, not one of the worst. The whole back 4 was much worse for a start.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:11 pm

Oh and DeJong got exactly the same shit when he arrived btw, & Barry did too from some.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:21 pm

...and so did Yaya. And so did Demichelis. And Kompany was average when he arrived etc etc

Garcia did for a year and a half until he suddenly settled in and got decent towards the end of last season (ironically probably when we'd decided to move him on)
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby phips » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:16 am

easily the worst passer in the squad.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:43 am

phips wrote:easily the worst passer in the squad.

Apart from Joe Hart, yeah.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:51 am

Mase wrote:

ha ha Mase, he had me putting my head in my hands again last night. It is not hard to pass the ball FFS. But NO, run as fast as you can to the edge of the box and then let everyone get back in position, set yourself and pass it back to the opposition! AGAIN
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:59 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Mase wrote:

ha ha Mase, he had me putting my head in my hands again last night. It is not hard to pass the ball FFS. But NO, run as fast as you can to the edge of the box and then let everyone get back in position, set yourself and pass it back to the opposition! AGAIN

Joe's ability to puny it away from Edin and towards the much smaller Aguero constantly baffles me.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum