Fernando

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fernando

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:42 pm

phips wrote:
blues2win wrote:In the big League and CL matches in particular our midfield will be formidable. As Goncalo Lopes put it Fernando Fernandinho and Yaya. Wow!

Hart
Zaba VK CB LB
Fernando
Yaya Fern
Nasri Silva
Aguero

I guess we're going to a 1 striker system. Means much less playing time for Dzeko, Negredo, and Jovetic.

'Guess' being the operative word, you ludicrous minge.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:45 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
phips wrote:
blues2win wrote:In the big League and CL matches in particular our midfield will be formidable. As Goncalo Lopes put it Fernando Fernandinho and Yaya. Wow!

Hart
Zaba VK CB LB
Fernando
Yaya Fern
Nasri Silva
Aguero

I guess we're going to a 1 striker system. Means much less playing time for Dzeko, Negredo, and Jovetic.

'Guess' being the operative word, you ludicrous minge.

i nearly posted something 3x in riposte to his "analysis"...yet i just didn't give a fuck enough. I'm glad you're a better man than i am.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:44 pm

But why do we assume Fernando will be a starter?

Imho, Pellers brought so far two players that will not be in the first eleven with Filth or Chelsea, but will be with Palace or Newcastle. Team players that have almost the same value as the starters. We missed that with Micah being injured, while Rodwell was ... well, Rodwell.

Plus, are we really gonna take Big Ed out when he brought us the title?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:48 pm

Dameerto wrote:Considering how people were questioning Fernandinho almost from his first game I'm not too optimistic about him being given time.

It doesn't matter. Pellegrini sticks with his players and that's all that matters, thank God.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby twosips » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:17 pm

PeterParker wrote:But why do we assume Fernando will be a starter?

Imho, Pellers brought so far two players that will not be in the first eleven with Filth or Chelsea, but will be with Palace or Newcastle. Team players that have almost the same value as the starters. We missed that with Micah being injured, while Rodwell was ... well, Rodwell.

Totally disagree. Fernando would DEFINITELY start for United and I think Mourinho would love him too. He ticks all of Mourinho's boxes. Strong, physical, workhorse with technical ability. Sagna, too, is a very Mourinho player. Very defensively disciplined and would get games. He'd probs start for United too given Rafael's god awful form last season.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby ruralblue » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:32 am

WELCOME TO MANCHESTER CITY
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:21 am

twosips wrote:

Totally disagree. Fernando would DEFINITELY start for United and I think Mourinho would love him too. He ticks all of Mourinho's boxes. Strong, physical, workhorse with technical ability. Sagna, too, is a very Mourinho player. Very defensively disciplined and would get games. He'd probs start for United too given Rafael's god awful form last season.

We've chased this bloke through two transfer windows. You don't do that intending for him to sit on the bench.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:37 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
twosips wrote:

We've chased this bloke through two transfer windows. You don't do that intending for him to sit on the bench.

Seeing as Toure is being knobish and Fernandinho has played attacking mid his whole life until City bough him. Maybe, just Maybe, Fernando is the player to take the place of Fernandinho and Fernandinho will replace Toure?
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Slim » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:03 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
twosips wrote:

Seeing as Toure is being knobish and Fernandinho has played attacking mid his whole life until City bough him. Maybe, just Maybe, Fernando is the player to take the place of Fernandinho and Fernandinho will replace Toure?

Starting to see that as the plan as well. I think Yaya at PSG next season is a real possibility.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:38 am

I don't know what will happen with Yaya, but what we are seeing with Fernandinho, now Fernando & Zuculini on the way, is Pellegrini going for more pace & general athleticism in the centre midfield options compared to Mancini's squad.

In spite of being a big admirer of Nige & Gareth Barry, I strongly agree with having more athleticism in centre mid.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby sheblue » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:44 pm

I don't know a huge amount about him.
Any chance of this lad being converted into a centre back? Like vinny was.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:51 pm

sheblue wrote:I don't know a huge amount about him.
Any chance of this lad being converted into a centre back? Like vinny was.

Vinnie was actually a center back in his youth at Anderlecht and was bought by Hamburg as a defender, not a defensive midfielder. All his youth training was as a defender.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:17 pm

Key question here. Ther will only be handfull of games where Yaya, Fernandinho and Silva will all be available and 100%. We needed depth in central midfield rotation and I assume Yaya and/or Fernansinho will be puahed forward with Fernando covering for them.

I've never been super impressed with Fernando but The Engineer and Txiki clearly wanted him and who am I to question the Engineer?

Now if only we could get centerback, attacking midfield help and backup keeper.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:54 pm

Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
twosips wrote:

Starting to see that as the plan as well. I think Yaya at PSG next season is a real possibility.[/quote]

Absolutely...and given PSG's apparent immunity to any far reaching FPP sanctions, together with the precedent of the money they've just (over)paid out for Chelsea's Brazilian donkey, we could wring a barrowload of useful cash out of them, which could stand us in good stead for further team/squad strengthening.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:37 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Absolutely...and given PSG's apparent immunity to any far reaching FPP sanctions, together with the precedent of the money they've just (over)paid out for Chelsea's Brazilian donkey, we could wring a barrowload of useful cash out of them, which could stand us in good stead for further team/squad strengthening.

£95 million if he wants to go to PSG
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:55 pm

Separated at Birth according to Porto Midfielder and best Mate Valero!!

Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:18 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Separated at Birth according to Porto Midfielder and best Mate Valero!!

chris smalling?!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldc ... 4-mug.html
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:21 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Separated at Birth according to Porto Midfielder and best Mate Valero!!

That's actually exactly what I thought
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Scatman » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:51 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:

That's actually exactly what I thought

They're not even the same colour
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby sheikh it all about » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:36 am

Only seen this lad on You Tube (I know, I know) but I have a good feeling about him.

Could be a brilliant fit - just like Fernandinho.

Two players who weren't stellar names but who seem to be the product of careful research and consideration. That's one of the things I like about our current regime.
sheikh it all about
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: The Champions
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum