Dippers at Yankee Stadium

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Dippers at Yankee Stadium

Postby Bluedj » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:26 am

We'll we'll hear the Liverpool wankfest after losing on penalties

Players who stood out:
Jovetic MOM
Navas
Both keepers
Fernando

Players who where shite:
Nastasic
Sinclair
Yaya.......

The others played fairly well
Last edited by Bluedj on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:35 am

Camebro wrote:Pretty pish penalties, ah well on tonight's performance we will hump them in the league.

Not wrong there, apart from Sterling (who really is looking the real deal now), they showed me little to fear. The loss of Suarez will be big for them.

One big lesson to learn from this though is when cruising, don't switch off. I've seen this a few times last season, it's our worst trait. As Mancini would say "we must concentrate always 100%, is very important".

Other positives so far this pre-season,

A year out on loan in La Liga and Zuculini could come back as some player. He looks a top player in the making and a great find by us.

Kelechi looks raw as hell but I kept forgetting he was 17, he plays way beyond his years, this bodes well.

Fernando looks very decent but not accustomed to our system yet, he has lots of growing to do, could take a year before he really unleash's his inner octopus.

And finally... Jovetic... the lads coming to life at last! Please, please, please stay fit and take this form into the new season, could be a huge player for us.

All in all, a good match which City let slip, oh well no matter, was a entertaining watch which is quite something for pre-season!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:41 am

We have had plenty of comments on here about how a Sturridge type player in our squad would give us something extra. Well imo we have one in Iheanacho. He's got everything Sturridge has but he also has a wicked pass on him & ten times more awareness than Sturridge had at the same age.

He is too good to be loaned out imo. We should get him in the squad as soon as he is available & get him in the team whenever we can. If we do that, he will be twice the player come May, than he is now, & we will have something very special on our hands. Don't send him away; play him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:47 am

Ted Hughes wrote:We have had plenty of comments on here about how a Sturridge type player in our squad would give us something extra. Well imo we have one in Iheanacho. He's got everything Sturridge has but he also has a wicked pass on him & ten times more awareness than Sturridge had at the same age.

He is too good to be loaned out imo. We should get him in the squad as soon as he is available & get him in the team whenever we can. If we do that, he will be twice the player come May, than he is now, & we will have something very special on our hands. Don't send him away; play him.

I don't think we have a choice but to send him out on loan. Sounds like a work permit is likely going to be an initial issue for us.

I've a feeling his increased presence in the tourny is all in aid of us chancing our hand at getting a "special talent" permit. Very tough to get them, if we fail, a loan beckons for the lad. We need to choose that move wisely.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:51 am

Blue Blood wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:We have had plenty of comments on here about how a Sturridge type player in our squad would give us something extra. Well imo we have one in Iheanacho. He's got everything Sturridge has but he also has a wicked pass on him & ten times more awareness than Sturridge had at the same age.

I don't think we have a choice but to send him out on loan. Sounds like a work permit is likely going to be an initial issue for us.

I've a feeling his increased presence in the tourny is all in aid of us chancing our hand at getting a "special talent" permit. Very tough to get them, if we fail, a loan beckons for the lad. We need to choose that move wisely.

It's not usually tough to get them, apart from in thecase of City, but it's a while since we had one so I don't think there will be any problem.

He is not allowed to sign for us properly until he turns 18 apparently , which is in October. African rules i believe.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:00 am

phips wrote:I'm behind on the match but I'm a little confused.

NYCFC is part owned by MCFC yet the crowd is overwhelmingly for Liverpool. beyond that, Liverpool is owned by the owner of the Boston Red Sox. This game is in NYC which is run by the Yankees. And, MCFC is also part owned by the Yankees.
one would've thought that the NYC crowd would be on our side

Liverpool is a more well established club within "literary cirlcles" in america which is wide spread within newer football/premiership supporters, many of whom are "mellenials."

There seems to be possibly a romantic view held of liverpool as the underdog, with tradition, who have/spend less money than our club, or chelsea...myth or not, as was why the red sox in baseball became a popular team as a rival of the yankees, who we are closely associated here (and hated by many btw...think united).

Meanwhile nycfc is barely on the radar of most ny'ers. This will likely change but the city's demographics can explain the fans' reaction easily. See btw who is the dominant crowd at brooklyn nets vs ny knicks games in brooklyn.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:16 am

PrezIke wrote:

NYCFC is part owned by MCFC yet the crowd is overwhelmingly for Liverpool. beyond that, Liverpool is owned by the owner of the Boston Red Sox. This game is in NYC which is run by the Yankees. And, MCFC is also part owned by the Yankees.

Liverpool is a more well established club within "literary cirlcles" in america which is wide spread within newer football/premiership supporters, many of whom are "mellenials."

There seems to be possibly a romantic view held of liverpool as the underdog, with tradition, who have/spend less money than our club, or chelsea...myth or not, as was why the red sox in baseball became a popular team as a rival of the yankees, who we are closely associated here (and hated by many btw...think united).

Meanwhile nycfc is barely on the radar of most ny'ers. This will likely change but the city's demographics can explain the fans' reaction easily. See btw who is the dominant crowd at brooklyn nets vs ny knicks games in brooklyn.

I bet half of them were Irish & not even from New York.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby A25 Cloud » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:24 am

DoomMerchant wrote:jojo looks like the sexy ass fucker he is on instagram.

Keep taking the shirtless, rod-grabbing selfies bro. The shit is working!

he's like a dream right now. He and navas are like cake and ice cream.

cheers

haha.
A25 Cloud
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby phips » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:39 am

def not a coincidence that our quality dipped massively when Yaya and Micah came on.
Yaya never gave a shit, even in his pen, and Micah was shit.

watching Hart come on after Willy it really is amazing how bad Hart's distribution is
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:39 am

reading the match reports on the train in, i'm pretty sure i must have dreamt that we totally outplayed liverpool for large parts of last night's game. weird
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:47 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

Probably because NY City don't actually exist yet, Liverpool have been building up support there for 40 years while we were shite. Remarkable how many City fans exist already imo.

Nice one Ted. Well put :)
Original Dub

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:04 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:reading the match reports on the train in, i'm pretty sure i must have dreamt that we totally outplayed liverpool for large parts of last night's game. weird

I thought Henderson had won the CL. LOL. Outplayed by a team with 8 first team players missing. Well at least until Yaya came on and ambled about a bit.

The irony is I'm sure every team involved would rather be home Sunday night, so I hope Liverpool dont blow it and get to play in the final!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:37 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

I bet half of them were Irish & not even from New York.

Yep, I'd say you're on the money there. If you're Irish you're generally either a U****d or a Candlepool fan (unless of course you have a mind of your own) and New Yoik and the northeast coast of USA is full of Irish expats.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:41 am

john68 wrote:Whatever the result, its a preseason game and I am liking what I am seeing.

Very much so mate. Overall, I think the team that's been out there have done fantastic and really given Pellers a headache or two.

Let's not forget, we are playing some real good football with players that haven't really played or are just getting back into it. Take the defensive pairings for example. We've had Nasti and Boyata there, doing a sterling job for the majority of the game with Clichy on the wrong side (still looked good) and Kolarov, well, being Kolarov. Then the defensive cover was Fernando who is just getting used to playing with us. I think they did extremely well considering and is it any wonder that they looked a little shaky when Milner went off, who was picking up quite a lot.

The passing, creative and offensive work has also been very good, somewhat impressive in spells and the only thing missing was that final ball or decent shot. Let's not forget, Liverpool had the majority of their 1st team out there in the end and for me it was just down to lack of stamina or new legs coming in.

A draw against that Liverpool side, with that crowd base behind them, was very much a plus for me, not negative.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:17 am

john68 wrote:Whatever the result, its a preseason game and I am liking what I am seeing.

Navas is like Kinkladze with a brain,
Jovetic is a very very clever box of tricks.
The Natcho has such confidence for a kid.
Sinclair looks like he's up for it.
Hart and Big Willy are going to have a great battle for the keeper's shirt.
So much class, great movement and we have yet to see Zabba, Kompany, Demichaos, Silva, Aguero, Fenandinho (the Mangler if we get him) etc.

I was a bit footballed out but now can't wait. We have onehelluva squad....where do we play em all?

Nice comment, John.

For myself, I wouldn't be surprised if, during the course of the new season, Joe became, 'de facto', our No 2 'keeper.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby john68 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:00 pm

That "Battle of the Keepers" is going to be a real headache for MP. Both are quality shot stoppers but Willy seems to have a far bigger presence in the box and his distribution is far better than Joe's.

I'm not wholly convinced that Joe has completely come to terms with commanding the larger space in front of him as we play a higher defensive line and at the moment, I would have Willy slightly ahead of him.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:00 pm

Where is Nasri these days?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john68 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:07 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Where is Nasri these days?

He was on the bench last night I think. He's been back a while and with returnees still behind the eight ball, Maybe he is just being rotated out.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:16 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Where is Nasri these days?

Slightly injured.

What impressed me about yesterday's performance was the contrast between this 11 & the typical team we put out v the likes of Liverpool. We usually outclass them at football & did with this '2nd' 11, but the usual advantage they have over us is more pace & quicker closing down in midfield. We normally lose that battle but win all the others.

Last night's team, when Milner was on, absolutley murdered Liverpool in the middle & made their usual 'sit back & hope for the best then leg it' tactic completely useless. We looked so much more energetic when we lost the ball & yet still played great football.

It was only when Yaya (who looked 50 years old & was basically complete dogshite) & Sinclair (who closed down Liverpool ok but then gave them the ball back when we were all out of position) came on, & Liverpool brought on a load of fresh legs, that they started to compete in the game.

I thought the two cbs actually did a lot of good stuff harrassing too & were winning comfortably v Sturridge etc outside the box. But around our box, both were poor, as was Micah in every respect when he came on.

A solid back 4 behind that kind of midfield & we have a pretty good looking Champions League team imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby clippo22 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:29 pm

I still can't get over how fat and old yaya looked when he came on, looked like he had concrete boots on and just the attempted jog onto the pitch appeared to knacker him out! Liverpools starting line up had a lot more first teamers in and every sub we made seemed to weaken our team. Overall very happy with the performance though, so many positives! Can't wait for the season to start!
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum