The Rags

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Rags

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:02 pm

OK so they have had a dodgy start but with Butthead's philosophy and the great talent they have there isn't a problem. It might take some time, even up to a year but they will be back at the top. Losing badly to MKD doesn't matter as they were not remotely interested in winning that game as their only target this season is the top 4.

Hmmm there are plenty of rags out there who fully believe this. Totally convinced that Butthead is a world class manager who has won titles wherever he has been and the scum will rise to the top again. Listening to Goldstein on TShite ( how dare I!) last night was comedy gold. He basically spouted all this crap at anyone who dared to doubt the greatness of the club and the manager and he was 100% embarrassing.

Can Burnley stop them winning so we can keep laughing?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:12 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:OK so they have had a dodgy start but with Butthead's philosophy and the great talent they have there isn't a problem. It might take some time, even up to a year but they will be back at the top. Losing badly to MKD doesn't matter as they were not remotely interested in winning that game as their only target this season is the top 4.

Hmmm there are plenty of rags out there who fully believe this. Totally convinced that Butthead is a world class manager who has won titles wherever he has been and the scum will rise to the top again. Listening to Goldstein on TShite ( how dare I!) last night was comedy gold. He basically spouted all this crap at anyone who dared to doubt the greatness of the club and the manager and he was 100% embarrassing.

I miss TS!

Strange how the Rags are still held up as a beacon of light when the reality is they're back to their usual ways of buying/controlling the league. How the mainstream haven't picked up on this is quite astonishing but if you've got an axe to grind then I suppose it's easy to talk something other.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:41 pm

bigblue wrote:From 2011:

"Giggs: We would never collapse like Liverpool"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ng-3335336

lol

He's bought players like Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Anderson and Nani- all young players who have got the ability to go on and be better, and all of whom have done that.

"Now we've got the next batch, the likes of Javier Hernandez, Rafael and Fabio Da Silva, Gabriel Obertan and Chris Smalling, all young players who will hopefully get better over the next few years.

Some footballers are better off just kicking the ball around, rather than saying anything.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby frankswift » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:29 am

Today is Champions League draw day, or, if you're a rag, "Thursday".
frankswift
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Take a wild guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:15 am

bigblue wrote:From 2011:

"Giggs: We would never collapse like Liverpool"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ng-3335336

lol

That is a great capture, well done sir, that is now being sent to friends and enemies alike
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:16 am

frankswift wrote:Today is Champions League draw day, or, if you're a rag, "Thursday".

Absolutely brilliant !!

Very very nice indeed.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:37 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:OK so they have had a dodgy start but with Butthead's philosophy and the great talent they have there isn't a problem. It might take some time, even up to a year but they will be back at the top. Losing badly to MKD doesn't matter as they were not remotely interested in winning that game as their only target this season is the top 4.

You had me going there, Mr H, with your first paragraph; nicely done, indeed.

Last night, I did listen to Talkspite for a little while myself (so you're in bad company) and Ray Parlour was talking about the Scum.

He said Butthead should forget about playing this 3 (or 5 ??) at the back formation and change, instead, to 4-2-3-1.

On that basis, when they bought Vidal they could play him alongside Hernandez as one of the 'two', with Di Maria, Mata and Shrek further forward in support of Van Pussy as the main/sole striker, which would be a better system than what they're attempting at the moment. He said, however, this would mean that 'boy wonder' Adnan Genocide would struggle to make the starting eleven.

I was thinking that, incredulously, Parlour was somehow making a lot of sense and then he qualified it all by saying that the Scum would have to "sort out" their defence, at which prospect his monologue tailed off somewhat, as the immensity of what he was saying had seemingly sunk in.

I was driving along chuckling at that, for quite a few minutes thereafter.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby blues2win » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:56 am

Any transfer fees for Blind or Carvalho will go through the roof now because everyone knows the rags are desperate. Absolute shambles of a transfer window. Keep it going Ed.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby twosips » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:12 am

Thing is, on paper, hypothetically the rags do have a decent team now, especially considering they will spunk a fair bit on another couple of players i think. if they actually fucked off this 3-5-2 nonsense and went 4-2-3-1...

................ De Gea.........
Rafael - Evans - Rojo - Shaw
........ Fletcher ... Herrera....
Rooney ... Mata ..... Di Maria
............... VP ......................

That defence is still flimsy looking admittedly, and they could do with a bit more quality in midfield, but there are good players there. Good enough to be at least challenging for CL. They're just being run pathetically and their confidence is shot. It's great. I worry that they'll snap out of this at some point so im gonna enjoy it while i can.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:15 am

Ive text and messaged every rag I know if they are going to watch the exciting spectacle of the CL draw..........not impressed by the negative responses.

.....snigger ...snigger.....snigger.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:17 am

He is gonna have to drop his plan 3 at the back 2 weeks into a season! that in itself will be the start of the end of him, 60+ he now knows what Moyes knows, The ship is sinking, will Jones and Smalling get any better NO, Is there a world clase centre half around Nope.He will be closer to 70 when they might settle down, WTF was the point, Rednose was that age. Domination is over, lucky they do not face us or Chelsea this week when he would have to play damage limitation, for fear of a twatting which could send him back to Holland.... Are we getting weaker, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs will batter the scum, Fucking great Times, a Whole heap of rags seeing how life is when you are average....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:40 am

twosips wrote:Thing is, on paper, hypothetically the rags do have a decent team now, especially considering they will spunk a fair bit on another couple of players i think. if they actually fucked off this 3-5-2 nonsense and went 4-2-3-1...

That defence is still flimsy looking admittedly, and they could do with a bit more quality in midfield, but there are good players there. Good enough to be at least challenging for CL. They're just being run pathetically and their confidence is shot. It's great. I worry that they'll snap out of this at some point so im gonna enjoy it while i can.

This is the United team that beat us 3-2 at ours two seasons back and won the league at a canter:

.......................De Gea
Rafael....Ferdinand...Evans...Evra
Valencia.. Carrick...Cleverley...Young
Rooney.Van Persie

I'd argue that's worse than the team you just listed and many on here were saying they had a better group of players than us to excuse coming behind them! Look at that midfield ffs!
How they won the league with that team I'll never know.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby twosips » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:45 am

They were managed by Ferguson who, like it or not, got extra out of em all. Rafael was actually in form back then, Evra wasn't too bad and Ferdinand wasn't 'totally' past it by then. Nor was Carrick and Valencia and Young were a tad better than they were now - so were Rooney and Van Persie too... but it wasn't a great team, you're right.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:54 am

twosips wrote:Thing is, on paper, hypothetically the rags do have a decent team now, especially considering they will spunk a fair bit on another couple of players i think. if they actually fucked off this 3-5-2 nonsense and went 4-2-3-1...

Spurs also have a decent team. And Everton. Will they also be at least challenging for the CL?

Rooney on the right, Fletcher, that back four. Not impressed at all. And that is supposed to be their strongest 11? Christ. If the likes of RVP, Mata or Rooney don't play an absolute blinder, they will struggle to make Europa again, never mind the Champions League. Their depth is non-existent as well:

______Lindegaard
Varela Jones Smalling Blackett
____Carrick Cleverley
__Valencia Fellaini Young
_______Welbeck

No wonder they are throwing around silly money with the state of that squad.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby twosips » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:00 am

Rooney was on the right in the same way Silva starts on the left... so basically can go anywhere. You'd think Di Maria, Mata and Rooney would be intelligent enough to move around at will. That's what you'd think anyway...

And yep Spurs and Everton will be challenging for the CL too. That's what I'm saying. United are currently looking like a team that'll finish 12th or sumat but they clearly have a better team than that. Admittedly it relies on their forward line bailing them out but that doesn't effect Liverpool and there's argument that man for man Uniteds attack should be better than theirs. The fact that it isn't just goes to show how low the club has sunk since Fergie left - as we pretty much all guessed, we all thought they'd turn into a huge mess after that one consistent was removed and they have.

EDIT - gotta be clear that i don't think United are a great side anymore, far from it - i'm just being logical and saying how their problems run deeper than simply not having the right players. There's a general malaise and uncertainty hanging over the club that will prove incredibly hard to shake.
Last edited by twosips on Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:09 am

The scum are getting slated in the papers right now, especially in the beano comic the Daily fail...piss drunk bacon is even getting it.

piss funny.

Also this.......

Manchester United have the most expensive squad ever assembled in the Premier League after Angel Di Maria's arrival pushed their combined value over the £400m mark
The current Manchester United squad cost £401.2m to assemble
It is the most expensive squad ever in the English game
Angel Di Maria's move from Real Madrid for £60m has seen United overtake rivals Manchester City, whose squad was built for a combined £344.15m
United have also signed Luke Shaw, Ander Herrera and Marcos Rojo
Chelsea squad put together for £341.8m, Liverpool £245.8m and Arsenal £209.5m

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z3BgStm1x3
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:09 am

twosips wrote:Rooney was on the right in the same way Silva starts on the left... so basically can go anywhere. You'd think Di Maria, Mata and Rooney would be intelligent enough to move around at will. That's what you'd think anyway...

And yep Spurs and Everton will be challenging for the CL too. That's what I'm saying. United are currently looking like a team that'll finish 12th or sumat but they clearly have a better team than that. Admittedly it relies on their forward line bailing them out but that doesn't effect Liverpool and there's argument that man for man Uniteds attack should be better than theirs. The fact that it isn't just goes to show how low the club has sunk since Fergie left - as we pretty much all guessed, we all thought they'd turn into a huge mess after that one consistent was removed and they have.

I couldn't believe I just read that :-)

Everton and spurs will definitely mount a challenge, its one of the best prem years IMO
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:10 am

I believed the words "at least" implied a possible title challenge, which I cannot see happening this season.

They may finish 3rd, as all pretenders incl. Arsenal & Liverpool are looking dodgy, but they also may finish 7th again.

1st or 2nd? No way, Jose.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby twosips » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:11 am

Ha ^ (directed at wonderwall's post)

The thing is you just know if (heaven forbid) Rooney was playing for the count in our team he'd be a much sharper, faster and more effective player. Thank fuck that'll never happen.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby twosips » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:15 am

I Just Blue Myself wrote:I believed the words "at least" implied a possible title challenge, which I cannot see happening this season.

They may finish 3rd, as all pretenders incl. Arsenal & Liverpool are looking dodgy, but they also may finish 7th again.

1st or 2nd? No way, Jose.

Ah no, i meant literally challenging around for CL. No way good enough for us or Chelsea... but a fuck load better than the dross theyre showing right now.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum