The Rags

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Rags

Postby Original Dub » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:08 am

Anyone watch the rag presser yesterday?

Hilarious. Butthead was asked how he'd fit these huge aquisitions in to the team and he rambled on for about 5 mins about how United always give youth a chance. It's the united way etc etc
Bacon face must have been so proud.

How fucking deluded can you get???
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:24 am

Original Dub wrote:Anyone watch the rag presser yesterday?

Hilarious. Butthead was asked how he'd fit these huge aquisitions in to the team and he rambled on for about 5 mins about how United always give youth a chance. It's the united way etc etc
Bacon face must have been so proud.

How fucking deluded can you get???

Not seen it, but no doubt he's been told he has to read from the swampdweller's Bullshit Bible.

I notice Falcao has said he only wanted to sign for Utd & has been trying for months to get a move to the swamp, so he's read it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:40 am

This spending spree is a throw of the dice, God willing Premier league teams go for it against them and exploit what is a piss poor masking of an unbalanced squad. The media B.S no mention of getting rid of 3 English players, Welbeck to a rival, Gary Neville, is going up in my estimation when he speaks he tells the truth., LVG is no long term solution IMHO, and they will be back rebuilding again in the not to distant future, Scum forever. Have a nice day.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby mr_nool » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:53 am

van Ghoul usually comes in and get the players performing great for a season or two. Then they tire of his somewhat tasking personality and revolt.
So in that respect, I get it why the scum chose him. they need a quick fix to get back to the top 4 (at least). Once they're there they can start building with a little bit more patience and care.

That said, I hope the arrogant bastard fails miserably.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:21 am

mr_nool wrote:van Ghoul usually comes in and get the players performing great for a season or two. Then they tire of his somewhat tasking personality and revolt.
So in that respect, I get it why the scum chose him. they need a quick fix to get back to the top 4 (at least). Once they're there they can start building with a little bit more patience and care.

I don't know if you have seen it, but he has created a stir already by claiming Danny Wellbeck is not good enough, so that's why he sold him. Of course he is right, & most rags I know would agree, but it's not usual for a manager to come out & say it !

Diplomacy doesn't seem to be his strong point. That's fine if he succeeds, but if he fails, even the rag loving media will be on him like a pack of wolves.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:38 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
mr_nool wrote:van Ghoul usually comes in and get the players performing great for a season or two. Then they tire of his somewhat tasking personality and revolt.

I don't know if you have seen it, but he has created a stir already by claiming Danny Wellbeck is not good enough, so that's why he sold him. Of course he is right, & most rags I know would agree, but it's not usual for a manager to come out & say it !

Diplomacy doesn't seem to be his strong point. That's fine if he succeeds, but if he fails, even the rag loving media will be on him like a pack of wolves.

I agree on that - arrogance will probably be his fall if he fails already this season. The Dutch and German press are meek lambs in comparison to the English. I'm not sure his ego can handle it, if they start turning on him.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:54 am

mr_nool wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I agree on that - arrogance will probably be his fall if he fails already this season. The Dutch and German press are meek lambs in comparison to the English. I'm not sure his ego can handle it, if they start turning on him.

When he slated shaw in public it looked bad.
These things should not be done through the media.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:34 am

Slagging an ex rag is new, Is Welbeck all that, well we are gonna find out, slagging him after he left is great and will start the end of him.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:38 am

Teams need to have a real go at the rags as their forward line is now looking very good on paper, however, their defence is shambolic. I can see Falcao and Di Maria wanted to get back and do the dirty work all the time. There will be times when they dont put a shift in and this will be to their detriment as the bigger teams will expose them. Once a couple of teams get at them and show how weak they are, it will be open season.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:34 am

Last season I was prepared to write the Rags off and it turned out that my thinking came true (hoorah), but I'm not so sure for this season. Teams will see their new firepower, especially how much they have spent, and will automatically be on the back-foot.

The Rags have been abysmal so far and the PL standings and LC defeat don't really tell half of the story, however they still have a few reasonably easy games to get these new acquisition settled in. I think they will be on a high and start getting back to winning ways very soon but where I feel they will stumble is later on in the season when the Xmas/New Year roster and the speed of the league starts taking its toll.

We'll see in due course but I'm still under the opinion that they will be fighting it out for the CL but will just fall short.

Saying that, I'll place a caveat on it with regard to refereeing decisions, nobody can account for points gained through them.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:00 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Last season I was prepared to write the Rags off and it turned out that my thinking came true (hoorah), but I'm not so sure for this season. Teams will see their new firepower, especially how much they have spent, and will automatically be on the back-foot.

The Rags have been abysmal so far and the PL standings and LC defeat don't really tell half of the story, however they still have a few reasonably easy games to get these new acquisition settled in. I think they will be on a high and start getting back to winning ways very soon but where I feel they will stumble is later on in the season when the Xmas/New Year roster and the speed of the league starts taking its toll.

We'll see in due course but I'm still under the opinion that they will be fighting it out for the CL but will just fall short.

Saying that, I'll place a caveat on it with regard to refereeing decisions, nobody can account for points gained through them.

imagine if all we had to pla was FA cup and Prem games! No European travel or midweek fixture build ups, more time for injured players to recoup because less games need playing, we would walk the league without hitting top gear. They are in a very enviable position to win the league, never mind get into Europe, the one saving grace is that defence is SHIT
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:08 pm

QPR
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:10 pm

QPR is a gimme, top 6 will all cause mayhem for them if they ignore the bullshit.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:07 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Last season I was prepared to write the Rags off and it turned out that my thinking came true (hoorah), but I'm not so sure for this season. Teams will see their new firepower, especially how much they have spent, and will automatically be on the back-foot.

imagine if all we had to pla was FA cup and Prem games! No European travel or midweek fixture build ups, more time for injured players to recoup because less games need playing, we would walk the league without hitting top gear. They are in a very enviable position to win the league, never mind get into Europe, the one saving grace is that defence is SHIT

Very true mate and we've seen what a half decent squad in Liverpool can do when they can concentrate only on the league. My saving grace is that the teams they will be fighting it out for have all strengthened. Plus the fact that they are already 2 or 3 games already behind the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and us then it makes it reasonable to believe that they would have to win near enough all their games to lift the trophy and by only losing a couple more, could be outside of the CL places.

On an unrelated note, SSN have just stated that Pellers has admitted that we lost out to the Rags for Falcao. I've not seen all the interview with Pellers but from what I've seen he's said nothing of the sort, instead refusing to speak about other teams players.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:31 pm

In the past too many teams just lay down for them like whores and as a result they won easy titles. That won't happen now, champions my bollocks.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:08 pm

If these cunts were playing someone decent right now they would get fucking hammered !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby hongkongbluey » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:30 pm

City64 wrote:If these cunts were playing someone decent right now they would get fucking hammered !

Or even MK Dons
hongkongbluey
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: SWP

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:09 pm

sheblue wrote:In the past too many teams just lay down for them like whores and as a result they won easy titles. That won't happen now, champions my bollocks.

Champions ARE US. No more, no less.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:46 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Very true mate and we've seen what a half decent squad in Liverpool can do when they can concentrate only on the league. My saving grace is that the teams they will be fighting it out for have all strengthened. Plus the fact that they are already 2 or 3 games already behind the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and us then it makes it reasonable to believe that they would have to win near enough all their games to lift the trophy and by only losing a couple more, could be outside of the CL places.

On an unrelated note, SSN have just stated that Pellers has admitted that we lost out to the Rags for Falcao. I've not seen all the interview with Pellers but from what I've seen he's said nothing of the sort, instead refusing to speak about other teams players.

Absolutely right, how SSN could interpret that as us losing out on Falcao is another typically pro red bit of reporting. He said absolutely nothing of the sort as you say.
I'm dreading the BT coverage, especially after they waxed so lyrical about the arse post community shield win......champions elect etc. etc. etc.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:19 am

Ferdinand says Utd fans can lo longer use the 'spending money' stick to beat others with.

They used to be all about bringing through young players but that's changed, says the bloke who signed for a (defensive player) record £30 million, 12 years ago.

Harry says Wio needs to forget the emotion tomorrow & he just wants him to play 'his normal game'. Six nil it is then.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum