Caballero V Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Caballero V Hart

Postby Wooders » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:00 am

If he wasnt english he'd be gone by now
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:09 pm

this is an honest question and not a windup: do other PL keepers fall over and flap as much as joe? when I watch other clubs, I don't pay much attention to the keepers tbh.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby phips » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:22 pm

While Joe's slip certainly didn't help him, Vinny being horribly out of position for no reason didn't help either
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:56 pm

phips wrote:While Joe's slip certainly didn't help him, Vinny being horribly out of position for no reason didn't help either

I agree and am not bashing joe. honestly curious if other keepers are prone to the same sort of fuckups, but maybe I just don't notice it.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Mark Garrett » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:25 pm

Hart was unfortunate with the slip but overall he had a good game, made some important saves. The main issue with the goal was being outnumbered in midfield, Yaya doing neither pressing or tracking the run and Kompany being caught.

All stems from the continuing naiveity of not playing 5 in midfield against the good and very best sides in Europe.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:35 pm

Mark Garrett wrote:Hart was unfortunate with the slip but overall he had a good game, made some important saves. The main issue with the goal was being outnumbered in midfield, Yaya doing neither pressing or tracking the run and Kompany being caught.

All stems from the continuing naiveity of not playing 5 in midfield against the good and very best sides in Europe.

Yaya went to press Keita, Silva let that Belgian lad go ( when Keita got possesion there was about a yard between the two ) who provided the pass for Totti. Kompany was naive in trying to make up for Silva not doing his job.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:05 pm

For all the he should have done this or that and he should have marked him, the bottom line is teams will create chances against us. It is inevitable. When they do create chances, whether through sloppy defending or just brilliant forward play, you then want your goalie to be at his best to save it.

Joe fell over
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:08 pm

nottsblue wrote:For all the he should have done this or that and he should have marked him, the bottom line is teams will create chances against us. It is inevitable. When they do create chances, whether through sloppy defending or just brilliant forward play, you then want your goalie to be at his best to save it.

Joe fell over

Right, so make excuses for everyone else but not for Joe, is that you're saying?

He won us a point last night.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:32 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
nottsblue wrote:For all the he should have done this or that and he should have marked him, the bottom line is teams will create chances against us. It is inevitable. When they do create chances, whether through sloppy defending or just brilliant forward play, you then want your goalie to be at his best to save it.

Joe fell over

Right, so make excuses for everyone else but not for Joe, is that you're saying?

You could say Silva, Aguero, Yaya and a couple of others cost us two points by not doing their jobs.

My point was teams will inevitably have chances and you then rely on the goalie. Yes Joe made some decent saves, but they were nothing special. Ones most International goalkeepers would routinely make. When needed in a one on one, he fell over. Yes, others could of,should of, done more, but as the last line it was poor and it cost us a goal. This is not to say Joe was the reason we didn't win. The other ten lads on the field must collectively share that blame with the manager taking a big hit as well, as it was his selection and tactics
nottsblue

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:35 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Joe fell over

You could say Silva, Aguero, Yaya and a couple of others cost us two points by not doing their jobs.

My point was teams will inevitably have chances and you then rely on the goalie. Yes Joe made some decent saves, but they were nothing special. Ones most International goalkeepers would routinely make. When needed in a one on one, he fell over. Yes, others could of,should of, done more, but as the last line it was poor and it cost us a goal. This is not to say Joe was the reason we didn't win. The other ten lads on the field must collectively share that blame with the manager taking a big hit as well, as it was his selection and tactics

Do you think he'd have got to the ball before Totti if he didn't slip?

He done more than made decent saves, he kept us in it when the keystone cops were floundering around him.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:45 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Joe fell over

He done more than made decent saves, he kept us in it when the keystone cops were floundering around him.

if he hadn't slipped he would have gathered the ball in the same way he did at gervinho's feet
desperately unlucky
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:04 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Joe fell over

Agree he made decent saves. My point was they were saves all top class goalies would make. And yes, I think he probably would either have got to the ball or narrowed the angle better and by hook or by crook kept it out of the net.
nottsblue

Postby clippo22 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:30 pm

Caballero is awful! id rather have panti back and I really didn't rate him!
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:39 pm

I am genuinely surprised how little criticism there has been for sillywilly in the match day thread.
Had that been hart in goal today...
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby johnny99 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:50 pm

Willy must like anal because he is covered in shit
johnny99
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nick » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:51 pm

backing up hart with jokers is never going to get him to pull his finger out of his arse on a consistent basis.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby City64 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:19 pm

Cardboard cut out tonight , absolute dog shit.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby AntMcfc » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:14 pm

I'm confident Hart would have saved both Newcastle goals tonight.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby kinkylola » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:13 am

AntMcfc wrote:I'm confident Hart would have saved both Newcastle goals tonight.

Feel the same way.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:27 am

Willy played like an outfield player forced to go in net. He made himself as small as possible for their second. Shocking performance in a team full of shocking performances
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum