***Community Shield: City v Arsenal***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Community Shield: City v Arsenal***

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:11 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:What's the weather going to be like at KO, has that hurricane hit you yet?

About 30 mins from wwembley now and its still very wet but its looking brighter.

Also. Not arsed as on my 5th can and mini wonderwall has been asleep the whole journey. He will wake up to pissed up pops ha ha.

the monsoon has let up
another burst of heavy rain forecast for for 2ish...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby ashton287 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:13 am

Boyata is a worry but I think nastasic will be our main problem. He is just too soft and my 6 year old is braver in a challenge.

When all else fails for boyata he will throw himself in, probably get sent off, but at least he will make the effort. I don't rate boyata and he hasn't given me any reason to but as long as he gets stuck in and does his best I don't care because it's the community shield.

Nastasic on the other hand would be scared to make a challenge on fifa never mind in a real game. He will allow himself to be pushed about and refuses to jump. He is happy to get a shove and then watch someone score rather than put himself in harms way and it's fucking infuriating to watch.

But again, it's only the community shield. We're not the rags so this won't be the biggest game of our season.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby ant london » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:50 am

ashton287 wrote:Boyata is a worry but I think nastasic will be our main problem. He is just too soft and my 6 year old is braver in a challenge.

When all else fails for boyata he will throw himself in, probably get sent off, but at least he will make the effort. I don't rate boyata and he hasn't given me any reason to but as long as he gets stuck in and does his best I don't care because it's the community shield.

Nastasic on the other hand would be scared to make a challenge on fifa never mind in a real game. He will allow himself to be pushed about and refuses to jump. He is happy to get a shove and then watch someone score rather than put himself in harms way and it's fucking infuriating to watch.

But again, it's only the community shield. We're not the rags so this won't be the biggest game of our season.

am I missing something here....??? has someone announced the team sheet?

I would not be surprised at all to see Vinnie start today. I know Pellers has said he won't but I wouldn't necessarily trust that
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:38 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:What's the weather going to be like at KO, has that hurricane hit you yet?

About 30 mins from wwembley now and its still very wet but its looking brighter.

Also. Not arsed as on my 5th can and mini wonderwall has been asleep the whole journey. He will wake up to pissed up pops ha ha.

Good to hear. Have a great day out mate, I wish I could be there too.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Herb » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:58 pm

Caballero, Clichy, Boyata, Nastasic, Kolarov, Navas, Fernando, Toure (C), Nasri, Jovetic, Dzeko

There you go. That's the team.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:14 pm

Herb wrote:Caballero, Clichy, Boyata, Nastasic, Kolarov, Navas, Fernando, Toure (C), Nasri, Jovetic, Dzeko

No surprises there then. You sound a little pissed off mate, don't you think it's good enough to win?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:17 pm

Looks like Big Bertha has just made it here and a bit worried that my satellite will go off.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:17 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Herb wrote:Caballero, Clichy, Boyata, Nastasic, Kolarov, Navas, Fernando, Toure (C), Nasri, Jovetic, Dzeko

No surprises there then. You sound a little pissed off mate, don't you think it's good enough to win?

Herb has cornered the market on unintentionally dickhead-sounding posts where no dickishness is intended or needed.

keep up.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:19 pm

ant london wrote:
ashton287 wrote:Boyata is a worry but I think nastasic will be our main problem. He is just too soft and my 6 year old is braver in a challenge.

am I missing something here....??? has someone announced the team sheet?

I would not be surprised at all to see Vinnie start today. I know Pellers has said he won't but I wouldn't necessarily trust that

trust it, commie-licker.

i think the lineup looks tasty. i want to see the Balkans smash it today, as spastically as required. Come the fucl on CITY!

Football is back, motherfuckers.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby blues2win » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:22 pm

Navas in but no Silva. Otherwise as expected. Presumably doesn't see Silva as fully match fit.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:25 pm

Not exactly one of best 11'a is it?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Herb » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:30 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Well I'm not surprised and I'm not pissed off and I think we stand a fair chance of outscoring the arse provided Jovetic stays on the boil and Dzeko does what he can do so well. That's not to say that I'm not nervous but that's the adrenalin kicking in and the nerves thing is what we watch it for innit.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby clippo22 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:31 pm

Let's see how the defence does today, a team full of goals ahead of them though!

Come on city!

Football is finally back!!!
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:37 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Not exactly one of best 11'a is it?

not exactly shit either, is it?

everyone's such a little crybaby.

Other than not having our starting CBs it's a pretty strong fucking team.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby JamieMCFC » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:38 pm

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby bayblue » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:43 pm

I like how Pellers has stuck to the guys who have done the full pre-season and as such it's a very big game for several of them. Whilst it's nowhere near our strongest line up i hope the incentive to do well will coax out a big performance from all those who are at risk of losing their places to the theoretical first eleven.
On a player by player level then I hope Boyata does well. Mancini chucked him in v Chelsea and Arsenal and then as quickly discarded him. I'm also very interested to see how Navas and Jovetic do against what isn't the best defence the Arse have to offer.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mike J » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:52 pm

any chance someone can send me a decent joan. the ones ive found are shit
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:54 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Not exactly one of best 11'a is it?

not exactly shit either, is it?

everyone's such a little crybaby.

Other than not having our starting CBs it's a pretty strong fucking team.

cheers

Two LB's, no decent CB and a shoddy bench. If were chasing who do we bring on to score?

No vinnie, sagna, zaba, Aguero, negrado, fernandhino.

Hope we win, but it's now hope not thibk.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:55 pm

The Community Shield, sponsored by McDonalds, that well known food of athletes everywhere.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:59 pm

lots of empty seats...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site