***Community Shield: City v Arsenal***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Community Shield: City v Arsenal***

Postby blues2win » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:59 pm

Positives? Silva and Zuculini when they came on and Jovetic showed decently. Other than that pretty much dogshite all round.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:06 pm

I thought the cbs did ok 2nd half. Apart from his bizarre goal, Giroud got nothing out of them. I think they were left badly exposed by Kolarov & Clichy & a lazy/outnumbered midfield 1st half.

If we had started with Silva the match would have had a different feel to it. The team was much better on the ball when he came on.

Arsenal just look exactly the same to me; flat track bullies with little else.

We could esily have levelled that game playing in 5th gear. It looks to me like we could quite easily snuff them out just by playing 1 extra in midfield, if we wanted to do it that way. But at full strength, we could possibly just go & batter them anyway.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dub City » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:09 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Dub City wrote:Boyata is dreadful. Apart from being club trained I can't see why he got a new deal. He looked promising 3/4 years ago when came in to the team at first but he just hasn't improved at all. Nowhere near the level we need even to be a backup player.

I don't see how Boyata is worse than Clichy or Nastasic in this game.

Comment wasn't based on this game alone. He played well in first couple games not seen him play well since except one preseason game last season.
Agreed others were equally poor today.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Bluedj » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:13 pm

Agreed, silva and zucculini for me we're by far the best on the pitch. The latter has great confidence, great first pass and a cracking engine, with the will to get on the end of a late ball in the area. I think we have a serious talent here
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Bluedj » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:15 pm

Agreed, silva and zucculini for me we're by far the best on the pitch. The latter has great confidence, great first pass and a cracking engine, with the will to get on the end of a late ball in the area. I think we have a serious talent here
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Bluedj wrote:Agreed, silva and zucculini for me we're by far the best on the pitch. The latter has great confidence, great first pass and a cracking engine, with the will to get on the end of a late ball in the area. I think we have a serious talent here

And we have just signed the modern master of the 'late run' for 6 months. I wonder if Zucculini will be kept at City & be able to pick up a few tips & learn from him ?

Seems strange to play him today if we are loaning him out.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bluedj » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:22 pm

It is a strange one Ted, but if he does go out, then I seriously hope it's only for a max 6 mo's. AFCN's again so probably Yaya will be gone as will Frank. Whatever happens I'm enjoying watching the young fella play so far.
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:27 pm

The only thing I took from the game is that Clichy is obviously looking for a move.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby City64 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:28 pm

Got to be brutally honest here that was fucking shite !!! Our fans paid good money to go down to wembley for that dross , sorry to be so negative and all our returning World Cup players still need rest etc etc but the players we had available should have performed a lot lot better . Only exceptions today were Dzeko who had no fucking service whatsoever and Yaya who did ok plus Fernando but he looks very limited ? Fucking hope we turn up at Newcastle next weekend !!!! Nuff said.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby blues2win » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:29 pm

Zuculini's dad apparently said he was going to Sunderland on loan for 6 months and then coming back here. I think you're a bit kind to the CBs Ted. Granted the full backs were poor I thought Nastasic and Boyata were too although they both looked more comfortable second half as we got more into the game. In their defence Yaya was piss poor in a two man central midfield and not surprisingly Fernando looked at sea trying to cope on his own which he didn't.

It's not at all clear that all the World Cup absentees will be available next Sunday. Sagna surely but Aguero not and maybe not Fernandinho and Zaba. The real worry would obviously be if Vinny and MDM weren't ready but we absolutely mustn't rush them back. Magnala will surely not be ready either. I'd take a lucky 0-1 now.
blues2win

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:30 pm

Glorified kickabout. We put out the players accordingly. Nothing to worry about.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:30 pm

Just left thw ground and all I can say is. What a load of fucking shit.

Half arsed performances from so many. Really disappointed.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:30 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:The only thing I took from the game is that Clichy is obviously looking for a move.

To left back.

Kolarov wasn't exactly Stuart Pearce in the defnding 3rd either. Clichy did him a favour by being so shit as to take away the limelight.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:32 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:The last three Champions from Manchester who won the Shield went on to lose the League.... so some comfort if we don't win.

I thought all along we might need this.

Arsenal looked two weeks more advanced in their preparations. Could be another slowish start for us in the League, and might improve our odds a bit for those who like a bet.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:35 pm

I knew we wouldn't be the best at the back and expected that Arsenal attack to get a couple of goals. What I didn't expect was how poor we'd be going the other way. Jovetic looked like he wanted it but apart from that we were toothless going forward.

As for the start of the league, I'm in 2 minds with such a heavy schedule. Yes, we could play really well just with the impetus of Vinnie and Demi but at the same they've not had a competitive game in over a month. They'll obviously still have their fitness but it's those nuances between the team that need to be built upon.

Not to worried that we lost, I knew it would be the case, it's going forward that has me a little concerned and I'm hoping Pellers has got this one.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:36 pm

blues2win wrote:Zuculini's dad apparently said he was going to Sunderland on loan for 6 months and then coming back here. I think you're a bit kind to the CBs Ted. Granted the full backs were poor I thought Nastasic and Boyata were too although they both looked more comfortable second half as we got more into the game. In their defence Yaya was piss poor in a two man central midfield and not surprisingly Fernando looked at sea trying to cope on his own which he didn't.

It's not at all clear that all the World Cup absentees will be available next Sunday. Sagna surely but Aguero not and maybe not Fernandinho and Zaba. The real worry would obviously be if Vinny and MDM weren't ready but we absolutely mustn't rush them back. Magnala will surely not be ready either. I'd take a lucky 0-1 now.

I recon Pellegrini should have given Rekik 30 mins just to put it into perspective. Some people in cyberworld were suggesting we'd be fine with him & Nastasic as cover behind Vinny & MDM, maybe even some on here.

It has to be taken into consideration that both Boyata & Nastasic only had each other for a partner. You would expect both to be better next to one of the experienced players.

If however we had kept Lescott, VK, MDM, Mangala & Lescott would have been a fucking mint cb combo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:40 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Glorified kickabout. We put out the players accordingly. Nothing to worry about.

this
although we will have to put up with arsenal murdered us articles in the papers
will be very different next sunday
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:43 pm

blues2win wrote:I think we have to trust the coaching staff on whomis ready to play and when. If Vinny or MDM did their hamstrings playing too early we really would have been fucked.

but we will have to play them next week, without having a game for 4 weeks
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:48 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:
blues2win wrote:I think we have to trust the coaching staff on whomis ready to play and when. If Vinny or MDM did their hamstrings playing too early we really would have been fucked.

but we will have to play them next week, without having a game for 4 weeks

IF they are fit.

If not, it would be better to lose than to lose Vinny for two months.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:50 pm

We don't have to start them next week and we may not. If they're not ready and fuck themselves for a month with a hamstring that wouldn't be too clever. Of course we all hope they will start next Sunday.

Interesting to see the MEN take. Quite positive about Fernando Kolarov and Nastasic but very negative about Boyata. I thought Kola was his usual self; showed quite well coming forward but not reliable defensively.
blues2win

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum