Is the Fans Appetite Dwindling?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Is the Fans Appetite Dwindling?

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:15 pm

littlebig wrote:Would love to see us follow the Bundesliga model of cheap ticket prices. It would ensure that the house would be buzzing for all our home games.

In fairness I could see this as being an attractive prospect to Sheikh Mansour especially as it would fit in with our being very much a club for the community and for families.

On the other hand, cheap ticket prices means sacrificing revenues so who knows what direction club MCFC will go. It is business afte all

In the grand scheme of things , its not a lot of money lost if we go down the same route as the Germans.......I don't understand why we all cannot do this.

Wenger the pedo will give a million reasons to try and justify why they have to charge more money than anyone in world football but I think City should take a stand.....its not like we cannot afford it, our sponsers and the like, make us, and will make us enough money in the future to counter the loss...imagine the world coverage we would get from this............it aint gonna happen though is it ((((
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dameerto » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
littlebig wrote:Would love to see us follow the Bundesliga model of cheap ticket prices. It would ensure that the house would be buzzing for all our home games.

In fairness I could see this as being an attractive prospect to Sheikh Mansour especially as it would fit in with our being very much a club for the community and for families.

On the other hand, cheap ticket prices means sacrificing revenues so who knows what direction club MCFC will go. It is business afte all

In the grand scheme of things , its not a lot of money lost if we go down the same route as the Germans.......I don't understand why we all cannot do this.

Wenger the pedo will give a million reasons to try and justify why they have to charge more money than anyone in world football but I think City should take a stand.....its not like we cannot afford it, our sponsers and the like, make us, and will make us enough money in the future to counter the loss...imagine the world coverage we would get from this............it aint gonna happen though is it ((((

I actually think we could introduce a new business model - ticket price sponsors. We could have a league sponsor to pay 'x' million per season to lower the average ticket price by 'y' amount. Maybe have specific competition sponsors too.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby michaelcityfan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:49 am

If the seats were made cheaper the press would say we had to make them cheap to sell out the stadium unlike arsenal who are so great fans would pay more to see them. Don't want that do you also all the rival fans will take the piss. Besides the more money they make the more they can spend on players due to ftp. Finally were not a charity last ticket I bought was 102.50 for that charity shield bollocks, I'm still skint now but it was to support city so it had to be done.
michaelcityfan
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:51 am

michaelcityfan wrote:If the seats were made cheaper the press would say we had to make them cheap to sell out the stadium unlike arsenal who are so great fans would pay more to see them. Don't want that do you also all the rival fans will take the piss. Besides the more money they make the more they can spend on players due to ftp. Finally were not a charity last ticket I bought was 102.50 for that charity shield bollocks, I'm still skint now but it was to support city so it had to be done.

You must be joking right?

Selling cheap tickets (like Bayern) could prove to be a huge positive publicity stunt (like Bayern). And even if media tried to spin the story against us, even the opposition fans would appreciate reasonably priced tickets.

Rival fans taking the piss? Really?
It would be the PERFECT response to say I gladly pay less to see the champions' fantastic attacking football than to pay more & see Tom Daley's Young's dives.

And the money to FFP. Like I've said and pointed out IMHO that's bollocks. Say we have 40k ST holders. Let's say we cut prices by £100 each. 4million per year.
One player at 50k per week (likes of Rodwell, Sinclair?) is 2,4m per year.
Just to put things in perspective. That 4mil, or even 8mil with £200 cut to ST prices wouldn't make any difference in our transfer budget plans

Not to even mention what it would mean to our fans.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:44 am

michaelcityfan wrote:If the seats were made cheaper the press would say we had to make them cheap to sell out the stadium unlike arsenal who are so great fans would pay more to see them. Don't want that do you also all the rival fans will take the piss. Besides the more money they make the more they can spend on players due to ftp. Finally were not a charity last ticket I bought was 102.50 for that charity shield bollocks, I'm still skint now but it was to support city so it had to be done.

Strange post
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby bigblue » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:05 pm

It's like you just shook your head and a handful of random, half-baked bollox just fell onto the page.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby City64 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:37 pm

Brilliant atmosphere tonight even with the bad weather and building work going on .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:49 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Got to take policing costs into account, too - I'm sure they're far, far lower in Germany, as clubs are largely publicly-owned.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:46 pm

City64 wrote:Brilliant atmosphere tonight even with the bad weather and building work going on .

I ventured onto RAWK and they called us a library, how deluded they are. Their crowd versus Southampton were pitiful and they hardly made a peep last night.
They think we are very bitter and cannot stand the gerrard song.

Some of them did defend our right to sign it and said only we and Chelsea have that right and everyone else shouldn't....they are really wound up.

They did give the team credit though
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:57 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
City64 wrote:Brilliant atmosphere tonight even with the bad weather and building work going on .

I ventured onto RAWK and they called us a library, how deluded they are. Their crowd versus Southampton were pitiful and they hardly made a peep last night.

Some of them did defend our right to sign it and said only we and Chelsea have that right and everyone else shouldn't....they are really wound up.

Do they share the same PC / iPad on RAWK ? ;-) lol
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:15 pm

City64 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Do they share the same PC / iPad on RAWK ? ;-) lol

Yes, they stole it from a visitor and pass it round.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum