***newcastle vs city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***newcastle vs city official match thread***

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:13 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Dzeko's best ever game imo. Did all the stuff he didn't do in the past. Better than scoring a hat trick in an easy game.

I wouldn't say 'Best Ever Game' but he did play very well and did the things that he sometimes lacks. However, by doing that I thought we lost a bit further up the pitch, but at least he kept it tight.

He looks a gangly bastard but I like him, always have.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:13 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
And you're forgetting he is naturally rightfooted.

U wot? I was talking about dzeko.

My mistake, thought you were talking about Clichy. I like how Dzeko always seems to start the season strongly.
Last edited by Dameerto on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:14 pm

I like that, Pellers just shooting down after his 'Newcastle had more in the middle' mind-shit.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:21 pm

Some impressive performances. Clichy Fernando Dzeko Vinny ( considering his lack of match time) It wasn't Jovetic's match somehow. Fernandinho way off the pace but he'll be better for another week's training. MDM rusty Yaya one great pass but Fernando left on his own too much. Nasri too peripheral. Still overall 3 points from a tricky first match. We looked good in patches and that was enough. We are only going to improve with better match fitness. Today was a statement of intent. We aim to keep our Premiership title. Who's good enough to take it off us?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby lovecity8utd » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:22 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I like that, Pellers just shooting down after his 'Newcastle had more in the middle' mind-shit.

Also liked how he said our squad was no bigger than other squads in the league...even if he might not have understood what the question was getting at.
lovecity8utd
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:27 pm

Kolarov clearly the best player today.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:21 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Dzeko's best ever game imo. Did all the stuff he didn't do in the past. Better than scoring a hat trick in an easy game.

I wouldn't say 'Best Ever Game' but he did play very well and did the things that he sometimes lacks. However, by doing that I thought we lost a bit further up the pitch, but at least he kept it tight.

Scoring 4 at Spurs was his best ever game. His second and fourth goals in particular. Magical display that was.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby halnone » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:33 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Scoring 4 at Spurs was his best ever game. His second and fourth goals in particular. Magical display that was.

that one header he had in that match was a thing of beauty
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:41 pm

halnone wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Not for me. Spurs was Dzeko having a great day doing what he does, when everything he tries every week worked perfectly for him on the day & City were playing like world champions.

Today was Dzeko having a great day doing what he DOESN'T do, in a team struggling for fitness & potentially up against it, & he won us the game as much as if he'd scored 4, by taking pressure off the defence, even defending set pieces & of course making the goal from nothing. Had it been 0-0 going into the last 10 mins, we would have had big problems. He was a hero today.

PS. I feel really fucking good tonight. I thought we may struggle badly today plus Arse, Scouse, rags look no different to last season (poss worse) & we haven't got out of 1st gear.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby sheblue » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:45 pm

Hugely encouraged by the performance and result. Although play was a little rusty at times, That was an away game we would have lost this time last season.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:02 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
halnone wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Not for me. Spurs was Dzeko having a great day doing what he does, when everything he tries every week worked perfectly for him on the day & City were playing like world champions.

Today was Dzeko having a great day doing what he DOESN'T do, in a team struggling for fitness & potentially up against it, & he won us the game as much as if he'd scored 4, by taking pressure off the defence, even defending set pieces & of course making the goal from nothing. Had it been 0-0 going into the last 10 mins, we would have had big problems. He was a hero today.

PS. I feel really fucking good tonight. I thought we may struggle badly today plus Arse, Scouse, rags look no different to last season (poss worse) & we haven't got out of 1st gear.

I know you're excited about his defensive qualities mate but if I wasn't mistaken we brought him in to do the other things, like scoring goals.

For me, that was the game that said 'We've arrived', a team that simply showed another PL probable that they weren't actually anywhere near, but we were.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:09 pm

last season our away form was criticised immediately following the cardif loss, away.

this was a far more difficult fixture, yet we came through well.

even tougher fixtures await but we generally seem composed enough.

p.s. espn fc with a 'racist' -- wink wink -- description of "kompany" making the last ditch deflection to prevent the goal...rather than fernando...oops...
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:17 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I know you're excited about his defensive qualities mate but if I wasn't mistaken we brought him in to do the other things, like scoring goals.

For me, that was the game that said 'We've arrived', a team that simply showed another PL probable that they weren't actually anywhere near, but we were.

He has always scored goals. The difference is, that the Dzeko who played that season for City, wouldn't get in this team. Pellegrini is asking a lot more from his strikers than Mancini did, & Dzeko is responding to it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:33 pm

I wouldn't get too excited, the Toon "we've had a great pre season " bollocks was shown up for what it was when on 62 minutes they brought on the ugliest rag in the world. It looked to me like they'd been at the Two for One sales, bought a bunch of no hopers to go with the ones they've got. We played some lovely stuff but I was worried by how poor we are still defensively in central midfield , lost count of the times Fernando was brushed off with Ya Ya nowhere again.Agree Dzeko and Kolorov had excellent games and Cliché worked hard without threatening a decent cross.Liked the way we broke up play(fouled) where necessary, late on. Ofcourse Aguero was the icing on the cake, and the downright ordinariness of Scouse and Tarquin was a pleasure to behold the jammy bastards.If I was a United fan watching them and us this weekend I'd take poison, They've got a manager who wants them to think and there isn't a brain cell in the team, though of course there is plenty of birdshit.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:03 pm

Christ, we looked strong today. I am absolutely buzzing at the thought of what we might do on the pitch this season.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:03 pm

nottsblue wrote:
SomeMichaelGuy wrote:TEAM NEWS: Hart, Clichy, Kompany (C), Demichelis, Kolarov, Fernando, Toure, Nasri, Silva, Jovetic, Dzeko

SUBS: Caballero, Boyata, Zabaleta, Milner, Fernandinho, Navas, Aguero

C'mon city!

Should easily be good enough to win today. Tough opener but a solid 2-0 is the order of the day

Very rarely does this happen. No doubt it will come to end next game!
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:14 pm

Complimentary MOTD.

Fernando's late goal saving challenge gets better every time; it really is like watching the king in action. Ran past Vincent Kompany to get there.

Extra bonus of comedy raggery straight after City's game.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:28 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Complimentary MOTD.

Fernando's late goal saving challenge gets better every time; it really is like watching the king in action. Ran past Vincent Kompany to get there.

Extra bonus of comedy raggery straight after City's game.

Fernando could be the player to take this club where it wants to go in Europe, Ted. Looks immense already.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum