Loans.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Loans.

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:51 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
twosips wrote:Cole's ridiculously quick, very direct and is improving season on season. Put it this way, I reckon he'd do the job that Sinclair's meant to do better than he currently does. PL is probably too much for him at this stage, but he definitely wouldn't be a bad impact player if we needed him. That won't happen though with our squad depth so the best thing for him is to go out loan and get some games. He could develop into an effective squad player with a bit of luck.

Merci.

I would agree with that but I have no idea how good he could become. Imo it depends on how he interacts with better players if he gets the chance. If he is on their wavelength then there is no limit to how far he can go. Skill & pace are not a problem. If he can't read their game, then off he goes to Stoke or Hull.

I imagine he will look pretty good in our side, if he is brought in at the right time, in a balanced team.

Thanks.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:06 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
twosips wrote:Cole's ridiculously quick, very direct and is improving season on season. Put it this way, I reckon he'd do the job that Sinclair's meant to do better than he currently does. PL is probably too much for him at this stage, but he definitely wouldn't be a bad impact player if we needed him. That won't happen though with our squad depth so the best thing for him is to go out loan and get some games. He could develop into an effective squad player with a bit of luck.

Merci.

I would agree with that but I have no idea how good he could become. Imo it depends on how he interacts with better players if he gets the chance. If he is on their wavelength then there is no limit to how far he can go. Skill & pace are not a problem. If he can't read their game, then off he goes to Stoke or Hull.

I imagine he will look pretty good in our side, if he is brought in at the right time, in a balanced team.

Thanks.

Cole for me has shown the best improvement year on year and is starting to look like he might just make it. Not sure it will be at top prem level but the signs are promising. Pace is important but it's not everything and Cole's final pass and/or shot still has work to do.We saw in that Chelsea game the other night how good he can look when he gets into good attacking positions but at the same time nothing quite came of the great situations he arguably created for himself.

He is also learning the physical side of the game and a spell at Barnsley should only help develop his know ho even more. 4th striker for us in the near future..who knows!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues2win » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:57 pm

The exciting news is we have a whole group of young players who look as though they have at least a sporting chance of making the first team squad over the next couple of years. No guarantees of course and they certainly won't all make it but still. Zuculini Denayer Lopes Cole in particular. I would add Maffeo who looks incredibly promising. Then there's Iheanacho if we can get him a sodding work permit.... Happy days.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby mr_nool » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:59 pm

I will try to keep an eye on Ruznak and Rekik, but I cancelled my tv subscription for the Eredivisie, so I only watch highlights and the odd live game nowadays.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:08 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Merci.

Thanks.

Cole for me has shown the best improvement year on year and is starting to look like he might just make it. Not sure it will be at top prem level but the signs are promising. Pace is important but it's not everything and Cole's final pass and/or shot still has work to do.We saw in that Chelsea game the other night how good he can look when he gets into good attacking positions but at the same time nothing quite came of the great situations he arguably created for himself.

He is also learning the physical side of the game and a spell at Barnsley should only help develop his know ho even more. 4th striker for us in the near future..who knows!

That final ball, shot etc is where he learns from the top players imo & the same in the case of Fofana. They've done the prep work, now they need the final touches, & a bollocking from Silva etc for being greedy or stupid, or an arm round the shoulder from Aguero for being too hurried in front of goal, a bollocking from Zabba for not tracking back, a pat on the back from Yaya for a nice one two etc etc. If they don't understand it, they are no use to us. But if they do, then they could reach any kind of level. Ability is not going to be a problem with 90% of City academy players imo. Some of them have more ability than the first team; it's down to physique, intelligence, determination.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby twosips » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:01 am

Had a snoop round a Barnsley forum and they were positive about him. He came on after 60 minutes and made a real impact running at people. All said his pace is absolutely terrifying. I swear he's got faster - he's Walcott-esque but he actually looks in control of the ball when he runs which is encouraging. Glad he's getting game time already.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:07 am

twosips wrote:Had a snoop round a Barnsley forum and they were positive about him. He came on after 60 minutes and made a real impact running at people. All said his pace is absolutely terrifying. I swear he's got faster - he's Walcott-esque but he actually looks in control of the ball when he runs which is encouraging. Glad he's getting game time already.

Sounds promising.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:31 am

Celtic on Sky tonight & Lille on red button jobby apparently, so should imagine there would be joans knocking around for those who aren't signed up to the Evil Empire.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:40 pm

Denayer starts for Celtic against Maribor.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:45 pm

Charlie Nicholas said this lot are a dangerous side & the atmos seems to be rocking, so this is a new world for Denayer. Big step up.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:49 pm

Good.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:01 pm

maribor slice straight through the celtic defence to make it 1-1
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:02 pm

sky commentator calling him jason deny-er

great name for a defender!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:04 pm

Unfortunately, although they are playing decent football on the ball, there seems to be no plan with the back 4. It's just 4 blokes stood about in no particular formation. The goal they just conceded nobody seemed to know if they were suppised to play offside or track & there is no pressure on the ball.

Every man for himself.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:06 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Unfortunately, although they are playing decent football on the ball, there seems to be no plan with the back 4. It's just 4 blokes stood about in no particular formation. The goal they just conceded nobody seemed to know if they were suppised to play offside or track & there is no pressure on the ball.

Every man for himself.

Think it's a three Ted is it? It seems like Denayer right, Van Dijk left and Mulgrew in the middle.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:19 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Unfortunately, although they are playing decent football on the ball, there seems to be no plan with the back 4. It's just 4 blokes stood about in no particular formation. The goal they just conceded nobody seemed to know if they were suppised to play offside or track & there is no pressure on the ball.

Every man for himself.

Think it's a three Ted is it? It seems like Denayer right, Van Dijk left and Mulgrew in the middle.

I think Mulgrew is just a mid dropping in, like Yaya does, & Barry at Everton. If he is supposed to be a defender he's never there !

Denayer has a big problem here imo in that the fullback isn't covering at all. He will get caught out with a ball or cross in behind unless he just goes 1v1 with the cf on everything. That's a dangerous game though as he'll leave another area empty. Amazed the manager doesn't sort this.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:28 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Every man for himself.

I think Mulgrew is just a mid dropping in, like Yaya does, & Barry at Everton. If he is supposed to be a defender he's never there !

Denayer has a big problem here imo in that the fullback isn't covering at all. He will get caught out with a ball or cross in behind unless he just goes 1v1 with the cf on everything. That's a dangerous game though as he'll leave another area empty. Amazed the manager doesn't sort this.

Yeah, having watched a few more minutes it seems Mulgrew is just dropping back between them, there was one stage there for about 10 mins where it was just the three of them in a line and both full backs were a good 30 yards further up. Odd set up.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:29 pm

They just had a shot & Vandijk was stood two yards behind the line playing everyone on side for the rebound. Don't think Jason is going to learn anything about positioning or organisation in this team but great experience of 1v1 chaos defending.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:43 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:They just had a shot & Vandijk was stood two yards behind the line playing everyone on side for the rebound. Don't think Jason is going to learn anything about positioning or organisation in this team but great experience of 1v1 chaos defending.

Good description and terminology.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:52 pm

denyar and van dijk??

ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site