Loans.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Loans.

Postby PeterParker » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:13 pm

Not quite a loan, but i saw Denis Suarez for Sevilla this weekend.

He looks better and better.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Camebro » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:51 pm

Guidetti hattrick tonight. He's going to end up moving to celtic. Scoring for fun
Camebro
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Current: zabba

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:09 pm

Guidetti just scored for Celtic.6 goals in his last 4 appearances as it stands.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:29 pm

Green & Blue wrote:Guidetti just scored for Celtic.6 goals in his last 4 appearances as it stands.

I suppose the more he scores, the bigger the fee we'll receive when he moves on.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:36 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:Guidetti just scored for Celtic.6 goals in his last 4 appearances as it stands.

I suppose the more he scores, the bigger the fee we'll receive when he moves on.

Yeah for sure his value will rise with every goal, we might get a good fee for him.If he keeps this form going interest will be drumming up from plenty of other clubs.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mike J » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:26 pm

Doesnt his contract run out next summer? We'll probably just give him away. His goal rate is impressive at any level. Id of liked to of seen him given a chance. The lad is a goal scorer.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:14 pm

Mike J wrote:Doesnt his contract run out next summer? We'll probably just give him away. His goal rate is impressive at any level. Id of liked to of seen him given a chance. The lad is a goal scorer.

I think we're eligible for a tribunal fee, as he's under 23.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby twosips » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:15 am

Gutted that we're gonna lose Guidetti without giving him a try properly. He's never really had a proper chance while match fit at city and I can't help but think he'll be back in the premier league scoring 20+ for someone shortly.

Honestly, I'd rather we sold off Dzeko and just took a chance. Gotta be bold sometimes to freshen the squad up. Would also like to see Lopes and Iheanacho integrated into the first team next season - Iheanacho as we're actually missing a forward and Lopes can take the pointless Sinclair slot and be the thing we're missing; an attacker who runs at people with pace and actually beats them. Actually think the balance of the team would be better with someone like that seeing as Nasri rarely does it, though can and should.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby blue-nova » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:41 am

twosips wrote:Gutted that we're gonna lose Guidetti without giving him a try properly. He's never really had a proper chance while match fit at city and I can't help but think he'll be back in the premier league scoring 20+ for someone shortly.

Honestly, I'd rather we sold off Dzeko and just took a chance. Gotta be bold sometimes to freshen the squad up. Would also like to see Lopes and Iheanacho integrated into the first team next season - Iheanacho as we're actually missing a forward and Lopes can take the pointless Sinclair slot and be the thing we're missing; an attacker who runs at people with pace and actually beats them. Actually think the balance of the team would be better with someone like that seeing as Nasri rarely does it, though can and should.

He's still only scored at a much lower level than the top of the Premier League and looks nothing like the player Dzeko is. That dodgy chicken he ate has put him back so far, and he just looks a long way from the kind of quality we need. It's possible he'll improve with finally playing regularly, but he never looked particularly mobile when he played for us.
My Man City quiz book (now in print as well as Kindle) still outselling the rags! I'll be able to afford a Balti pie soon!
Just published a Christmassy Football Joke and Quiz Book too!
blue-nova
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:56 am

Nobody knows how he looked playing for City because he has barely ever played for City.

He has had two loan periods when fit, & for two different teams, in two different leagues, he has scored every fucking week. As a young kid he was loaned out to a Swedish club & scored there. He has scored scrappy goals, headers, goals where he's beaten a couple of men first, shots from outside the box with his left foot, with his right foot, & smacked in several Ronaldo style free kicks. Pellegrini tried to sign him to play in Spain before his injury.

Does this prove he is good enough for City ? Absolutely not. Does anything in his career so far it prove he ISN'T good enough for City ? Don't be fucking stupid.

If he goes without us finding out, we are possibly losing nothing or possibly losing a big transfer fee & a goalscorer & a grafter who would have been miles better for the team than Dzeko in the last few games & a player who may turn up scoring 20 plus goals in the Premier League.

When Guidetti left for Feyenoord, he was our top young striker. Then he got injured. Now he is performing exactly how we hoped he would, so we let him go without even looking at him.

What is the fucking point in that ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:02 am

Also, Rony played for Lille last night. Was a bit rusty but then tackled someone on the edge of his box & sprinted off down the pitch where he was hacked down on the edge of the oppo box & then walked off injured. Don't know how serious.

We have a player here though. I think he may get in next season.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blue-nova » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:09 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Nobody knows how he looked playing for City because he has barely ever played for City.

Had he not had the injury we'd probably have had more of a chance to find out, but he was available for part of last season, and then during pre-season. We didn't see much of him, but in the few pre-season games he played, he didn't show any sings of being ready. The manager must have seen a lot more of him in training, and if he was showing major potential then you think we'd hear positive noises about him staying.

Scoring in Scotland or the Dutch league aren't enough of an indication. He did well in Feyenoord, but he scored a shedload of penalties and was still only the fifth highest scorer in the league that year.

If you think about how much pressure the club is under because of a few recent iffy results, there's no way they'd swap a goal scorer with Dzeko's record for Guidetti. It may well turn out that he's just been rusty at City, and that getting after regular games he'll prosper, but if he wasn't already on our books would we be considering buying him?
My Man City quiz book (now in print as well as Kindle) still outselling the rags! I'll be able to afford a Balti pie soon!
Just published a Christmassy Football Joke and Quiz Book too!
blue-nova
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby blues2win » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:27 pm

Spanish press saying Zuculini may return from Valencia in January having failed to make the first team and probably be loaned out elsewhere.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mike J » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:35 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Nobody knows how he looked playing for City because he has barely ever played for City.

He has had two loan periods when fit, & for two different teams, in two different leagues, he has scored every fucking week. As a young kid he was loaned out to a Swedish club & scored there. He has scored scrappy goals, headers, goals where he's beaten a couple of men first, shots from outside the box with his left foot, with his right foot, & smacked in several Ronaldo style free kicks. Pellegrini tried to sign him to play in Spain before his injury.

Does this prove he is good enough for City ? Absolutely not. Does anything in his career so far it prove he ISN'T good enough for City ? Don't be fucking stupid.

If he goes without us finding out, we are possibly losing nothing or possibly losing a big transfer fee & a goalscorer & a grafter who would have been miles better for the team than Dzeko in the last few games & a player who may turn up scoring 20 plus goals in the Premier League.

When Guidetti left for Feyenoord, he was our top young striker. Then he got injured. Now he is performing exactly how we hoped he would, so we let him go without even looking at him.

What is the fucking point in that ?

Agree with everything in that post.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:02 pm

Couple of scrappy, non potential, goals by Guidetti for Celtic:

Watch on youtube.com

Denayer had another great game last night btw.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:09 pm

Even the penalty was class. He's never going to get a chance is he? Sigh. Honestly, i'd rather him than Dzeko next season, even if its just for freshening things up.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dunnylad » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Funny how the Gudetti comments overlook his time at Stoke where he did FA - even Samaras scored for fun at Celtic and back in the Premiership he's hardly uprooting trees. I don't know enough about the Dutch league but there seems to be similar thoughts that it isn't the best for comparisons with the Premierleague. I'm sure if Gudetti is good enough we'll invite him back but I just don't see it happening
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Dameerto » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:17 pm

Pretty hard to score from the sub's bench.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby twosips » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:19 pm

Dunnylad wrote:Funny how the Gudetti comments overlook his time at Stoke where he did FA - even Samaras scored for fun at Celtic and back in the Premiership he's hardly uprooting trees. I don't know enough about the Dutch league but there seems to be similar thoughts that it isn't the best for comparisons with the Premierleague. I'm sure if Gudetti is good enough we'll invite him back but I just don't see it happening

If you think playing the combined total of about 35 minutes at Stoke is proof he can't hack it then you're being a bit harsh. He needed a run of games to get his fitness/sharpness up. He's getting that now and he's scoring goals - all kinds of goals too. Headers, spectacular free-kicks, one on ones.. etc

If there was a very young striker abroad who nearly averaged around a goal a game in Holland then started doing the same in Scotland we'd be watching him as a club and chances are he'd be highly sought after. And he's ours... we'd be stupid not to give him a chance. I don't see any reason to think that he couldn't be as good as Dzeko, at least, and he cost us £30m. He might not, admittedly, but it's worth a punt isn't it?
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:53 pm

Dunnylad wrote:Funny how the Gudetti comments overlook his time at Stoke where he did FA - even Samaras scored for fun at Celtic and back in the Premiership he's hardly uprooting trees. I don't know enough about the Dutch league but there seems to be similar thoughts that it isn't the best for comparisons with the Premierleague. I'm sure if Gudetti is good enough we'll invite him back but I just don't see it happening

You can't see any ability in those two free kicks ? Or the one for Sweden U21s ? Samaras did a lot of that ? What difference does it make which country he was stood in when he took them ?

I don't think Guidetti would be quite good enough for City in the end. But anyone who says it's obvious, is telling lies. He may be good enough to get 30 goals in the Prem. We don't know; it's guesswork.

Ridiculous not to find out, & absolutely ridiculous for anyone to even mention Stoke. The kid had barely kicked a ball for two years. He still won't be 100% now.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum