Loans.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Loans.

Postby nottsblue » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:07 pm

Re Denayer. If he can pass, tackle, beat a man and has composure on the ball, is he not better in midfield. Possibly a DM to start and take it from there?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:32 am

nottsblue wrote:Re Denayer. If he can pass, tackle, beat a man and has composure on the ball, is he not better in midfield. Possibly a DM to start and take it from there?

No he's a centre back. So we have to judge him initially on that, as he's playing there now & Celtic are asking about next season too. Then if it doesn't work out for him, imo we try him elsewhere, rather than releasing him.

Have to start off assuming he's a cb then take it from there. I think he will end up midfield or fullback at City but I could also.see him being a genius at cb if he learns to win more aerial challenges.

Then he may not improve & end up at Fulham or Birmingham. Happens. Can't see it with this kid though.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ant london » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:57 am

he needs to sort his barnet out

other than that, I'm keen
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby nottsblue » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:37 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Re Denayer. If he can pass, tackle, beat a man and has composure on the ball, is he not better in midfield. Possibly a DM to start and take it from there?

No he's a centre back. So we have to judge him initially on that, as he's playing there now & Celtic are asking about next season too. Then if it doesn't work out for him, imo we try him elsewhere, rather than releasing him.

Have to start off assuming he's a cb then take it from there. I think he will end up midfield or fullback at City but I could also.see him being a genius at cb if he learns to win more aerial challenges.

Then he may not improve & end up at Fulham or Birmingham. Happens. Can't see it with this kid though.

Will he get games at CB though? We've just bought Mangala for a lot of money and Vinnie is going nowhere fast. Would like to see him here next season, but if it suits for him to go out on loan to Celtic again then so be it. More games and more European experience will not harm him
nottsblue

Postby Camebro » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:37 pm

Guidetti and denayer on form today scoring a goal a piece and denayer assisting with the guidetti goal.
Camebro
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Current: zabba

Postby kinkylola » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:31 am

Camebro wrote:Guidetti and denayer on form today scoring a goal a piece and denayer assisting with the guidetti goal.

any luck finding highlights of this? love to see it.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:33 am

According to the OS tag line on the Loan watch for this week, Guidetti is Dutch apparently!

"Loan Watch: Guidetti runs riot in Celtic Romp - Dutchman continues his rich scoring form and an update on our other loanees"
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby mr_nool » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:35 am

Wonderwall wrote:According to the OS tag line on the Loan watch for this week, Guidetti is Dutch apparently!

"Loan Watch: Guidetti runs riot in Celtic Romp - Dutchman continues his rich scoring form and an update on our other loanees"

Guidetti sounds more Italian to me. They must have it wrong!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Camebro » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:28 pm

kinkylola wrote:
Camebro wrote:Guidetti and denayer on form today scoring a goal a piece and denayer assisting with the guidetti goal.

any luck finding highlights of this? love to see it.

I was just reading the SSN commentary. When I saw the goals it wasn't even denayer who assisted for guidetti goal.
Camebro
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Current: zabba

Postby twosips » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:32 pm

I don't think he assisted him. If he did it was scrappily..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29580112

The goals are there ^
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:10 am

Once again, John Guidetti is getting match fit & getting games, & once again he is scoring or assisting in every game he plays, be it for Celtic or Sweden's U21's.

If it was any other City kid, everyone would be raving about it.

It still means almost nothing as regards the Premier League, but it does mean that what he did at Feyenoord was no fluke & that it's possible we may be about to see a striker leave, who could be scoring 30 Premier League goals for Liverpool etc in two years time.

Some people are casually happy with that. I've been watching youth/reserve football for 40 odd years, & I'm seriously fucking not happy, at all. I've seen clubs drop bollocks like this before. I want us to MAKE SURE he can't do it at the top level before we lose him.

He works his balls off scores goals & makes assists. So lets fuck him off on a free transfer after paying his medical bills for 3 years. That makes sense.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:17 pm

Goal & assist for Devante tonight, but Barnstoneworth still lost 2-3 to Notts County.

...Cole made the most of a mistake by Mustapha Dumbuya, who, on the edge of his penalty area, had misjudged a pass from Hourihane.

The striker’s finish was instinctive and seemed to catch Roy Carroll by surprise, and the Northern Ireland international was not amused with his back four for their lack of resistance.

Cole, on loan from Manchester City, was proving a real handful, with his pace and skill posing all kinds of problems, and in the 12th minute he repaid Hourihane for his assist with one of his own.

His clever run in between Haydn Hollis and Jordan Cranston allowed him to race into the area and he unselfishly squared for Hourihane, who despite having Dumbuya on the line, could not miss.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:48 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Goal & assist for Devante tonight, but Barnstoneworth still lost 2-3 to Notts County.

...Cole made the most of a mistake by Mustapha Dumbuya, who, on the edge of his penalty area, had misjudged a pass from Hourihane.

The striker’s finish was instinctive and seemed to catch Roy Carroll by surprise, and the Northern Ireland international was not amused with his back four for their lack of resistance.

Cole, on loan from Manchester City, was proving a real handful, with his pace and skill posing all kinds of problems, and in the 12th minute he repaid Hourihane for his assist with one of his own.

His clever run in between Haydn Hollis and Jordan Cranston allowed him to race into the area and he unselfishly squared for Hourihane, who despite having Dumbuya on the line, could not miss.

Was at the Barnsley game tonight. Took his goal well and very unselfish for the assist. Had a few good runs where he showed a clean pair of heels but some of his passing was poor. Also in the second half didn't seem to get in the game as much but that could be due to Barnsley being very average and not giving him much to work with. The Barnsley fans rate him very highly though, apparantley he is their brightest spark this season
nottsblue

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:29 pm

Thanks for the updates lads.
Sounds like Cole will deffo have a career in the game, whether that is with us or not
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:38 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:Thanks for the updates lads.
Sounds like Cole will deffo have a career in the game, whether that is with us or not

Reckon we could sell Cole tomorrow to a championship club for between £2-3m. Really hope we give this boy a real go next season. Could be like another Fowler or Owen or his dad. The sort of striker who always looks like he will get a goal no matter how well his team is playing
nottsblue

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:44 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Reckon we could sell Cole tomorrow to a championship club for between £2-3m. Really hope we give this boy a real go next season. Could be like another Fowler or Owen or his dad. The sort of striker who always looks like he will get a goal no matter how well his team is playing

Also, like most of our kids these days, he doesn't shirk putting in the hard yards if the team need him to.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:51 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Does anyone know the cost of running the Academy?

In the days before FFP, I seem to remember a figure of £2m per year being bandied about. Do any of the costs associated with the Academy count in regard to our FFP balance these days (ie staff wages, player payments/stipends)?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby nottsblue » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:05 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

In the days before FFP, I seem to remember a figure of £2m per year being bandied about. Do any of the costs associated with the Academy count in regard to our FFP balance these days (ie staff wages, player payments/stipends)?

One would assume that the deal for the naming rights to the academy complex will more or less cover expenses and any transfer/loan fees will then feed into the clubs profits. Once we are up and running I would imagine each year we will probably sell 3/4 lads who dont quite make it for anything upwards of £5/7M. Something which the rags have done very well over the years
nottsblue

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:34 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

I could be totally wrong and imagining this but I seem to recall something about Academy and development costs being excluded from FFP considerations.

On that basis, our outlay on the new facilities wouldn't taken into account but, at the same time, it might be argued that sales of any Academy players would also have to be omitted from our Profit and Loss Account.

As I said, I could be talking a load of absolute bananas and it would be good if someone such as Socrates, or others, could advise/correct these assumptions.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:59 am

nottsblue wrote:

Reckon we could sell Cole tomorrow to a championship club for between £2-3m. Really hope we give this boy a real go next season. Could be like another Fowler or Owen orhis dad. The sort of striker who always looks like he will get a goal no matter how well his team is playing

I hope he isnt.... remember how Andrew was good for the barcodes and then the rags bought him and he missed 6-7 easy efforts for each goal he scored.
He was a shit player in a top team, lucky to get the amount of goals he did, I think Aguero would have doubled Coles tally in that Rag team.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum