***city v liverpool official match day thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v liverpool official match day thread***

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:24 pm

MaineRoadblue wrote:What did everyone think of the LED boards on tier two?. Drove me mental especially the pink advert.

I was expecting to hate them & found I really liked them. Didn't care for the pink advert but otherwise I thought they aded to the status of the event.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:26 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
MaineRoadblue wrote:What did everyone think of the LED boards on tier two?. Drove me mental especially the pink advert.

I was expecting to hate them & found I really liked them. Didn't care for the pink advert but otherwise I thought they aded to the status of the event.

good for matches under lights
will look rubbish this saturday at 3pm
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby bayblue » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:27 pm

Way too bright for me. I was higher up in East and found it a distraction. No doubt brings in a lot of dosh though
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:14 pm

Yes pink was way too bright. I'm front row level two and can reach over and touch it - it is full of little bobbles (technical term).
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:19 pm

Me too. Didn't appreciate the match being shown live on the two screens either. It's live sport, after all.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:56 am

Every time the brightness changed I kept getting the feeling something had just happened. I didn't notice the digital banners, nor the match being shown on the screens, but the pink advert also drove me nutz. I don't know what it was advertising though, pinkness?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:25 am

I noticed the Pink vitality was not shown whilst the ball was in play, it was only shown if there was a stoppage or before the game and at HT.
It was seriously bright and immediately takes your eyes away from what you were looking at when it comes on.
I was going to complain if it came on during play but it didnt so I will let them off this time.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby MaineRoadblue » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:49 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

I noticed the Pink vitality was not shown whilst the ball was in play, it was only shown if there was a stoppage or before the game and at HT.
It was seriously bright and immediately takes your eyes away from what you were looking at when it comes on.
I was going to complain if it came on during play but it didnt so I will let them off this time.

It came on just before Jovetic made it 1-0 didn't it?

Pain in the arse either way.
MaineRoadblue
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: manchester city

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:01 pm

MaineRoadblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

It came on just before Jovetic made it 1-0 didn't it?

Pain in the arse either way.

not that I remember, I also watched the match briefly on TV when I got home, but the camera angle doesnt pick up the LED boards around the middle tier.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby dikdok » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:26 pm

Initially found the two tv screens to be a distraction (sitting high up in the colin bell stand) but eventually got used to them and found them useful for replays of incidents. Can't see the LED lights bothered me at all.
dikdok
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Man City FC

Postby bayblue » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:54 am

As a few people have said it was a bit depressing to see Sky analysts concentrating on Liverpool's defensive failings on Monday, rather than City's skill. Here's a great piece of analysis that counter balances that.
http://www.vavel.com/en/football/premie ... ation.html
bayblue

My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:48 am

Here is a picture in the buildup to that goal, where Dzeko pulls the fullback out wide. Behind him exists exactly the same gap between fullback & central defender, on their right side, that Ratboy & Screech were going on & on & fucking on about on their left side . Lovren is pointing to it with his right arm. The same Lovren who got shit for not covering it himself, due to being 'new'.

If Clichy hits a ball over the top with his left foot & Jovetic runs in there behind Johnson, we have a similar positional situation to the first goal, with Jovetic on the ball in their box & Dzeko most likely running toward goal available for a pass, the other defenders coming across, Silva etc will make runs around/into the box pulling defenders about, others will quickly appear on the scene.

But we didn't do that. We did something else.

We are making these angles & runs, for 90 mins, opening up different areas & looking for weaknesses EVERYWHERE, on the fly, not just one fucking gap that the dynamic duo decide to make the highlight of the fucking night.

The post match talk should be about what CITY were doing.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby bayblue » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:25 am

Exactly. Well said.
bayblue