Anyone Else Been Getting Endless .........

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Anyone Else Been Getting Endless .........

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:42 pm

Shit off rags today about us buying the league ????? Unfortunately living in Manchester we have to speak to these deluded cunts from time to time . How thick / deluded are these fuckwits ???
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Anyone Else Been Getting Endless .........

Postby HBlock Cripple » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:55 pm

Simple answer to them mate,
"We never put it up for sale in the first place"
Usually works for me.
HBlock Cripple
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:08 pm

Could this not go in the 12 page thread already devoted to the rags or the other numerous threads about them?
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:26 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Could this not go in the 12 page thread already devoted to the rags or the other numerous threads about them?

No, we need as many Rag threads as possible. How many have we currently got, I can only see one?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:29 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Could this not go in the 12 page thread already devoted to the rags or the other numerous threads about them?

It's been a really interesting day to say the very least . We hammered there "closest rivals" , we look the absolute business and they are about to spend a Bristish record transfer fee .Does it ever get any better than this ? They are in blind jealous panic mode bigtime !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby dazby » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:20 pm

How about a 0-4 loss to the Dons? Make it better?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Mike J » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:02 am

Well surely from what we have witnessed over the last 3 or 4 windows they are trying to buy it back? Or at least get into the top 4. Morons.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby City64 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:11 pm

Quiet as fuck today brainless deluded cunts .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:41 pm

I caught a bunch today from a rag workman at my place.

I said, you really want to talk money. 1989, Manchester United become the first club in England to change to a PLC, you turned football into a business and now you're moaning because someone is better at it than you? 1990. You, Liverpool, Everton, Tottenham and Arsenal hold the FA hostage over wanting a larger cut of the leagues money, you don't want to share matchday income with the away side and it you don't get what you want you'll form a breakaway league. The FA caves and two years later you went ahead and formed the breakaway league anyway. You then form the G14 to ensure that if you are qualifying for Europe, you will continue to qualify for Europe and ensure that seeded sides get further in the competition to rake in the most amount of money you can. You break the transfer record for a defender in 2003, a record that in this "inflated"(I did the air quotes) market, only got broken 11 years later in this window, you broke £100,000/week barrier in 1997 with Roy Keane at a time when you could pay transfer fees and wages that no-one else in the league could come close to, and you want to talk about buying the league?

He was quiet. The other workman laughed(Liverpool supporter and surprisingly nice guy) and said "I don't think you want to argue with this guy, he knows his football" I was very smug.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:30 pm

Slim wrote:I caught a bunch today from a rag workman at my place.

I said, you really want to talk money. 1989, Manchester United become the first club in England to change to a PLC, you turned football into a business and now you're moaning because someone is better at it than you? 1990. You, Liverpool, Everton, Tottenham and Arsenal hold the FA hostage over wanting a larger cut of the leagues money, you don't want to share matchday income with the away side and it you don't get what you want you'll form a breakaway league. The FA caves and two years later you went ahead and formed the breakaway league anyway. You then form the G14 to ensure that if you are qualifying for Europe, you will continue to qualify for Europe and ensure that seeded sides get further in the competition to rake in the most amount of money you can. You break the transfer record for a defender in 2003, a record that in this "inflated"(I did the air quotes) market, only got broken 11 years later in this window, you broke £100,000/week barrier in 1997 with Roy Keane at a time when you could pay transfer fees and wages that no-one else in the league could come close to, and you want to talk about buying the league?

He was quiet. The other workman laughed(Liverpool supporter and surprisingly nice guy) and said "I don't think you want to argue with this guy, he knows his football" I was very smug.

Mmmm.......Smug Slim :- it's got quite a poetic ring to it.

You're at least lucky that this guy let you speak and gave you the chance to fire all broadsides at him. Most of the Scummers I come across only want to hear the sounds of their own voices and not listen to any counter arguments.

All in all, a nice, factual discourse; well done to you.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:35 pm

Pretty much all their myths have collapsed in the last few months... the U****d way is to gave the manager time, developing youth, not spending when there's no value in the market, playing attractive football.... you would feel sorry for them if they were human.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Paul68 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:32 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Mmmm.......Smug Slim :- it's got quite a poetic ring to it.

You're at least lucky that this guy let you speak and gave you the chance to fire all broadsides at him. Most of the Scummers I come across only want to hear the sounds of their own voices and not listen to any counter arguments.

All in all, a nice, factual discourse; well done to you.

Yep - quite the desolation of smug...

I'll get me coat.
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby frankswift » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:54 pm

City64 wrote:Unfortunately living in Manchester we have to speak to these deluded cunts from time to time.

Could be worse, you could be living in Guildford and be surrounded by the buggers.

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:You're at least lucky that this guy let you speak and gave you the chance to fire all broadsides at him. Most of the Scummers I come across only want to hear the sounds of their own voices and not listen to any counter arguments.

That's exactly my experience just about every time.
frankswift
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Take a wild guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:38 pm

Quite restrained there actually fella. Don't want to be a twat but Spuds were the first to go PLC in 1983 I think. You also could have mentioned how often they've broke transfer records or how they force season ticket holders to compulsory purchase tickets for cup games. Rags don't want to hear it though and get all defensive and don't believe it because SKY haven't told them its true
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:04 pm

Not heard a thing from the Rags who know me and then one tried to reason away their predicament after I finished golf (19th). I just stared at him and once finished, changed the subject with a calm 'Anyway ....'.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:29 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Quite restrained there actually fella. Don't want to be a twat but Spuds were the first to go PLC in 1983 I think. You also could have mentioned how often they've broke transfer records or how they force season ticket holders to compulsory purchase tickets for cup games. Rags don't want to hear it though and get all defensive and don't believe it because SKY haven't told them its true

PLC or LC?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:36 pm

Pretty sure was a PLC. Could be wrong but am 99% sure. Rags were certainly the ones to make a shed load of money though
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:47 pm

nottsblue wrote:Pretty sure was a PLC. Could be wrong but am 99% sure. Rags were certainly the ones to make a shed load of money though

Well, like you're going to find a rag who knows that.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby kinkylola » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:53 am

actually had my rag friend tell me that the sheik is going to get bored and move on to a new toy, so enjoy the momentary on the field superiority while it lasts.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby zuricity » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:07 am

kinkylola wrote:actually had my rag friend tell me that the sheik is going to get bored and move on to a new toy, so enjoy the momentary on the field superiority while it lasts.

You should tell your rag friend that the Glazers and their cohorts in the loan sharking business ,where they raised their debt laden funds for the buyout are creaming hundreds of millions off the gravy train over at the swamp. All that money is going out of Britain and more importantly out of Football .If the rags didn't have to pay upwards of 80 mill in loan financing each year. They would have been able to pay Real the 95 mill for Tia Maria and have change to pay the 60 Mill that Roma want for Totti.
Last edited by zuricity on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum