Kelechi Iheanacho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Kelechi Iheanacho

Postby Lee_R » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:25 am

Whats the script with this lad then, can he sign a contract in October (when hes 18) or is there going to be another issue? I believe it was being looked into but not heard anythng since.

If Negredo leaves and we dont replace him we could really do with someone to step in.. this lad would be ideal as a 4th option IMO, very exciting prospect.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Re: Kelechi Ihenacho

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:32 am

That's it.

He can't sign officially until he's 18. Then we would need a work permit if he's to play here & that would have to be under the 'exceptional talent' proviso, as he's not yet a full international. But NYC were keen to get him over there, so that's a possibility.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Lee_R » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:33 am

Ted Hughes wrote:That's it.

He can't sign officially until he's 18. Then we would need a work permit if he's to play here & that would have to be under the 'exceptional talent' proviso, as he's not yet a full international. But NYC were keen to get him over there, so that's a possibility.

Gurr.. we always get screwed by these bloody rules.
Lee_R

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:38 am

Lee_R wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:That's it.

Gurr.. we always get screwed by these bloody rules.

We may not. He is an exceptional talent, so we may well get a permit if we want one. We apparently have the other African lad, Nawakali, signing as well though. Can't imagine both will get one.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:42 am

Honestly, if Negredo goes and we have no one else i'd put this lad as part of the first team squad when he arrives.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:51 am

twosips wrote:Honestly, if Negredo goes and we have no one else i'd put this lad as part of the first team squad when he arrives.

So would I.

Looking at his performances pre season, I recon that with training & match experience, he would stand a good chance of being a very good quality Premier League striker by the end of the season.

Also, if you watch the way that the Nigerian kids play, they are absolutely frightening on the counter attack & he is a main figure in that, already really clued up on how to play it. Could be a real shock player v defenders who have not seen him.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:14 pm

All they have to do when they apply for a permit is show them footage of our preseason - he is the definition of exceptional.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Lee_R » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:44 pm

Dameerto wrote:All they have to do when they apply for a permit is show them footage of our preseason - he is the definition of exceptional.

Yeah.. on a VHS tape.
Lee_R

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:27 pm

Hope this lad lives up to half the hype about him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
twosips wrote:Honestly, if Negredo goes and we have no one else i'd put this lad as part of the first team squad when he arrives.

So would I.

Looking at his performances pre season, I recon that with training & match experience, he would stand a good chance of being a very good quality Premier League striker by the end of the season.

Also, if you watch the way that the Nigerian kids play, they are absolutely frightening on the counter attack & he is a main figure in that, already really clued up on how to play it. Could be a real shock player v defenders who have not seen him.

Looks like this could be an option. Would love to see a raw, young, exciting talent be given a run. Someone who the opposition would have no clue how to play against which then gives us more options
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:51 pm

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:26 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:He's training with Columbus Crew.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/updates-c ... 38054.html

We have Frank Lampard because the season doesn't start until January, but we loan one of our brightest prospects out to a team that, I assume, doesn't start their season until January?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:30 pm

Berhalter said it was no secret that there was a player from Manchester City training with the Crew (yet it was a surprise to everyone gathered). He said Iheanacho is training here for a period and will return to City in October, not a candidate to be signed by Columbus. Berhalter said Iheanacho wanted a place to train and stay fit. He said City approached them through Claudio Reyna, who is a friend of his, looking for a place to train with similar philosophies.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:44 am

JamieMCFC wrote:

Berhalter said it was no secret that there was a player from Manchester City training with the Crew (yet it was a surprise to everyone gathered). He said Iheanacho is training here for a period and will return to City in October, not a candidate to be signed by Columbus. Berhalter said Iheanacho wanted a place to train and stay fit. He said City approached them through Claudio Reyna, who is a friend of his, looking for a place to train with similar philosophies.

Nice little hat trick for him to keep him going!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:33 am

Don't we find out today about this guy?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Bluedj » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:59 am

I'm pretty sure its the 8th Oct
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:02 am

We don't even know if we have applied for a work permit, or are allowed to before he signs officially.

Really under the radar this one.

Imo, it would be a huge boost for the club if they suddenly announced he was arriving next week, armed with a work permit. It would for me anyway.

I'd be over the moon, Jim.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:35 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:We don't even know if we have applied for a work permit, or are allowed to before he signs officially.

Really under the radar this one.

Imo, it would be a huge boost for the club if they suddenly announced he was arriving next week, armed with a work permit. It would for me anyway.

I'd be over the moon, Jim.

Was literally just thinking the same thing and popped in here to see this. Hope we get some news soon.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Dameerto » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:40 pm

You got his name wrong, it's Kenneth Ian Nacho.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby blues2win » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:40 pm

We should definitely sign him up if we can. A work permit could be tricky but maybe he could be loaned out abroad for this season. If we can bring him here into the squad now I'd do it though. Get him some first team experience in the domestic cups. No brainer.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum