Kelechi Iheanacho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kelechi Ihenacho

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:38 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:On the verge of the full Nigeria team, which will increase his case for a work permit, should we apply for one.

How on earth did you find that out James Bond?

So fucking sleuthy!!!

Cheers

Just looked for info on tinternet. Nigeria coach has said he intends to use some of the kids from the U17s, especially Iheanacho.

If he's in the national squad at 18 then it's difficult to argue against his eligibility as a 'special talent' when you look at some of the characters rags etc got permits for.

We may not want one though. May just send him straight out on loan.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:41 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:On the verge of the full Nigeria team, which will increase his case for a work permit, should we apply for one.

How on earth did you find that out James Bond?

So fucking sleuthy!!!

Cheers

Just looked for info on tinternet. Nigeria coach has said he intends to use some of the kids from the U17s, especially Iheanacho.

If he's in the national squad at 18 then it's difficult to argue against his eligibility as a 'special talent' when you look at some of the characters rags etc got permits for.

We may not want one though. May just send him straight out on loan.

Wooshy riposte.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Nick » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:12 pm

we need him as a secret weapon
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Plain Speaking » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:04 pm

Article on SL10 Nigeria website of interest:
http://www.sl10.ng/news/articles/catego ... chy/191152
"Kelechi Iheanacho And Chidebere Nwakali Yet To Prove Their Worth To The City Hierarchy

Kelechi Iheanacho and his 2013 Under-17 World Cup winning mate Chidebere Nwakali would have thought their career was destined for the skies when they were included in Manchester City's pre-season tour of Scotland and the USA.

While Iheanacho made the squad trip to America, Nwakali dropped down a level to the reserve team to complete his pre-season preparation.

They were rumours that both players will be offered a professional contract upon reaching 18, with some suggesting both players will be loaned out immediately after they sign the dotted lines.

However, that does not appear to be the case, as a well informed source close to the deal has revealed to SL10.ng that both players still need to prove their worth to the City hierarchy to earn professional deals at the Etihad.

Both players signed a pre-contract but our source revealed it only gave City first offer on refusal on both players when they turn 18 and at the moment they are literally on trial training with the City first team.

"Being 17 worked against them as the club could only offer them pre-contract and not a professional deal, if they were 18, City would have been forced to sign them permanently," the source revealed to SL10.ng

"Their situation is similar to the case of Moses Simon and his failed move to Ajax Amsterdam, after signing a pre-contract as a 17-year-old.

He said while Iheanacho appears to be inching towards a professional contract building on his reputation earned during the team pre-season tour of America with strong performances, the same can not be said of Nwakali who appears overawed by the presence of City's top stars.

As it stands one among them might not be signed but Iheanacho won't be short of suitors if City fail to offer him a professional deal."
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:15 pm

Ian Nacho looks the real deal if we don't sign him we are dicks.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:28 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Ian Nacho looks the real deal if we don't sign him we are dicks.

He hasn't been training with City. He's been in the USA, keeping fit so how that 'trial' has been taking place, I'm fucked if I know.

And surely Nawakali left City's tour due to inury ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:31 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Ian Nacho looks the real deal if we don't sign him we are dicks.

He hasn't been training with City. He's been in the USA, keeping fit so how that 'trial' has been taking place, I'm fucked if I know

Skype?
Ion Camera?
Carrier Pigeon?
Chinese Whispers?
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:34 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

He hasn't been training with City. He's been in the USA, keeping fit so how that 'trial' has been taking place, I'm fucked if I know

Skype?
Ion Camera?
Carrier Pigeon?
Chinese Whispers?

I'm wondering if he will be the sweetner for NYC to allow Lampard more time over here.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:38 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Skype?
Ion Camera?
Carrier Pigeon?
Chinese Whispers?

I'm wondering if he will be the sweetner for NYC to allow Lampard more time over here.

It says on transfermarket he has a deal at Columbus until 1.1.2015 i just hope the powers that be have got it sewn up. Like i mentioned he really does look good and to find a cracking striker at 18 and paying small figures would be ace than spending 40 when they are 23-24.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:44 pm

He looks a potential world star to me. I'm sure there are better judges than me at City, but if he turns out to be even half the player I think he will be, it would still be nailed on that City shoukd sign him. I can't for one second believe they have gone to all the trouble of setting up a training schedule for him at Columbus, just so they can scratch their arses about signing him.

Exactly what to do with him short term & work permit situations are the more likely conundrum I would have thought.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:52 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Skype?
Ion Camera?
Carrier Pigeon?
Chinese Whispers?

It says on transfermarket he has a deal at Columbus until 1.1.2015 i just hope the powers that be have got it sewn up. Like i mentioned he really does look good and to find a cracking striker at 18 and paying small figures would be ace than spending 40 when they are 23-24.

I'm not sure where they got that from. He trained with them some and played in one training match they had I think that was during the MLS World Cup break. But he isn't on loan there.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby sheblue » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:10 pm

Where is he now? is he still with Columbus??
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:04 pm

There are rumours he has recently arrived in Manchester, some claim to have spotted him on team training pictures pre rags game, but if it is him, he's grown about 4 inches taller. City aren't saying owt, so far.

If the spell at Columbus Crew is down in the books as a loan, it could be that he's not going anywhere til January. But according to them, City just asked if he could train with them.

Whatever, he can't do anything officially for City until he gets a work permit, & if he's going out on loan we may not even have applied for one.

If he is now at Carrington, we will find out about it soon enough.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:28 pm

Aren't we in the new Palace now (I'm not sure)? And could someone have confused him with Dedryck?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:49 pm

I was assuming the pic was from Carrington but it could have been from there.

Looks more like possibly Fofana to me, but I suppose Kelechi is about 6ft so it's possible it could be him, next to a shortarse.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:18 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:There are rumours he has recently arrived in Manchester, some claim to have spotted him on team training pictures pre rags game, but if it is him, he's grown about 4 inches taller. City aren't saying owt, so far.

If the spell at Columbus Crew is down in the books as a loan, it could be that he's not going anywhere til January. But according to them, City just asked if he could train with them.

Whatever, he can't do anything officially for City until he gets a work permit, & if he's going out on loan we may not even have applied for one.

Thanks, I suppose we have to watch this space.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby blue-nova » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:24 pm

sheblue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:There are rumours he has recently arrived in Manchester, some claim to have spotted him on team training pictures pre rags game, but if it is him, he's grown about 4 inches taller. City aren't saying owt, so far.

Thanks, I suppose we have to watch this space.

NO! We're better than that. Surely we can speculate wildly a little more. We're on a football forum - and if we can't wonder whether Ihenacho was the guy who delivered our pizza the other night (to improve his chance of getting a visa), then we are failing.
My Man City quiz book (now in print as well as Kindle) still outselling the rags! I'll be able to afford a Balti pie soon!
Just published a Christmassy Football Joke and Quiz Book too!
blue-nova
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby twosips » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:27 pm

Ha ^ excellent.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:19 pm

sheblue wrote:Where is he now? is he still with Columbus??

Columbus season is over. They got knocked out of the playoffs (yes there are playoffs in MLS) on Sunday.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:37 pm

I asked the same question on the thread about the future 20 world beaters to watch out for.
Got told off for putting it in the wrong thread. (I'm new here)
The story does seem to have gone cold. Does anyone know where he is.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum